PDA

View Full Version : message to aussihk - crew lounge computers

aussihk
15th Oct 2000, 07:48
I'm in the new & "improved" crew lounge and I decided to post a message in another forum.

As the "Post Message" screen came up, your details appeared in the "UserName" & "Password" boxes, i.e. anyone can post messages in your name (you know you didn't write this!) unless the computer is turned off (not just the browser) after you're done with it. I posted a test message to the other forum (Crew Notices - Worst Hotel) as a test before posting this one.

Mightn't be a good idea to be posting from the crew lounge guys....

gurrka yindi
15th Oct 2000, 09:24
Hey Gurrka Yindi,

Same thing from the lounge upstairs in the hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compliant One
15th Oct 2000, 15:30
If you don't want IE5 to store or prompt you for the Username and Password from previous entries, try this -

From Tools dropdown menu select - INTERNET OPTIONS
Select CONTENT tab
Select AUTOCOMPLETE
Make sure that the Username and Password box is not checked. Or just click "Clear Passwords" button for a one-off action.

Security, securitas, securitum!

PNR
16th Oct 2000, 10:18
Thanks, but all the company computers run IE4 and the security permissions set by the IM dept won't allow us to change any of the setups.

We'll all have to reset/shutdown these computers after posting. Plain old browsing should be OK though.

I did a quick run-around of several of the machines in the ops room lounge and the hotel and found several valid logins. Be warned!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by PNR (edited 16 October 2000).]

conan
16th Oct 2000, 14:07
In all probability the IT dept is able to monitor all logins and passwords using the company equipment. This can be done from the server and even shutting down the terminal is not a secure method. Simple solution Browse don't post using the company equipment