PDA

View Full Version : Aviance

20-17
19th Jan 2005, 21:41
What is happening at AVINCE.

Used to work for them with a great set of guys and Girls at EGCC.

Is all of the following true?
1/ FCA moving to Menzies at LGW.
2/ Having licence removed at CWL.
3/ MON move at MAN with possability of AF / KLM following.
4/ 3I's no longer investing on company. Must be stand alone.
Any others?

If all the above are true, what will the outcome be.
Not looking good for what was a strong and growing company.

Cheers and Up the Lions.:ok:

phoenix son
20th Jan 2005, 13:41
20-17,

Can only comment on the first part of number 3...

MON are now with Swissport, I think since November 1st 2004 or thereabouts...

PHX

cumberland
21st Jan 2005, 21:27
Keep your ears open, very shortly BMI will be anouncing the move from aviance. The Xmas deicing fiasco being the final straw:{

ops 69
22nd Jan 2005, 18:36
aviance is slowly going downhill and i think a closure of a few stations may be in the pipeline now. hardly any new bussines being won most seems to be going to servisair

FireFoxDown
23rd Jan 2005, 05:25
how come? I have to say, recent experience with Aviance at LGW reflected a high standard! :ok:

tallseabird
23rd Jan 2005, 10:37
I heard a rumour recently that Menzies were going to put in a bid!

FougaMagister
23rd Jan 2005, 15:12
Here at BHX, we have recently lost MyTravel/MyTravel Lite to Swissport (the Company pretends it was Aviance's decision - which I would find incredible - a handling agent serving notice to one of its client airlines), but we gained bmibaby :ok:

Cheers

Alan Tracey
23rd Jan 2005, 15:22
What rubbish..........

Aviance is owned by Go-Ahead, which is large successful plc.

FCA are moving to Swissport at LGW, due cheaper I believe.....new kid on the block.

CWL seems to be a airport authority issue. They want a airport owned agent in.

Aviance have kept the sole licence for handling in SOU.

They have now become the handling company at BHD.

And finally, a lot of the staff are celebrating, as the £1800 they have invested in the company share scheme over 3 years, should pay out £6000......not a bad return...

groundhugger
23rd Jan 2005, 17:30
Have they not also lost the Fly Globespan contract at Edinburgh aswell to Menzies?

Ckin Gal
28th Jan 2005, 14:09
As from 31st March Aviance Jersey Ckin, ticket sales and operations will cease leaving only the ramp

PapaRomeo
29th Jan 2005, 13:53
as to the above comment of aviance having the sole operating license at sou i can only feel sorry for the airlines flying out of there. They really have one of the worst ops departments i've dealt with!

poiuyt 11
31st Jan 2005, 21:12
I dont know about any other station but i know that aviance in glasgow is currently in a strong position and have won alot of new contracts in the past couple of years. As with regards to the comment about aviance ops being the worst that you have dealt with, i dont know what station it was but it certanilly wasnt glasgow as the guys in there are very helpful!

PapaRomeo
1st Feb 2005, 08:58
jonny 18

i've never had to deal with glasgow so im sure you and your collegues up there are very good and helpful but if you read the above posting again you will see that im talking about your not so helpful collegues in southampton!

Magic Buff
17th Feb 2005, 00:01
We in LPL went all out to please our customers and still continue to do so despite the best efforts of a recent large customer who abandoned us just over a year ago for a very cheap and nasty mess of pottage, and sold out to save a few quid. After telling us for about 6 years how great and good we were. We however have Through hard work and sacrifice managed to overcome this problem and are slowly climbing back. The Aviance Situation At LPL is safe and Moral Good in the main

PapaRomeo
17th Feb 2005, 00:27
magic buff

good luck to u and ur department. All handling agents should stick together, afterall we all have the same job to do, i just wish some of the decent aviance departments would teach southampton how to do there jobs properly!

parttimer
17th Feb 2005, 19:36
so what is it exactly that sou are so bad at and when/how often do you deal with them?

surely not
17th Feb 2005, 22:41
Surprise to me that aviance at SOU are getting stick. They were always very good in my dealings with them............ maybe it's you that has the problem PapaRomeo............ I note one of your colleagues at LHR doesn't think too highly of you in another thread?

FLYING-FODDER
18th Feb 2005, 15:33
With regards to sou base. Their worst patch was under clc for flybe from lgw. Aparently due to a lack of dispatchers/ also a seemingly low standard of ramp staff. here are some examples. Firstly regards loadsheets/dispatch. On two separate occasions flights have come in from sou with firearms on board and no sign of any notocs or other paperwork having been given to the crew. May I point out these were flybe services where it is mandatory. On another occasion the crew queried why the hold door was still open only to be told the freight was still being loaded to which their reply was 'what freight'. It turned out the a/c was right on the tail limits for trim without the frt on the L/S, the freight weighed approx. 400kgs. You can only guess what would have happened had the crew not queried in the first place. Regards the ramp, I did hear from a reliable source that during de-icing a while ago the guy operating the machinery sprayed fluid in the APU, and attempted to do the same to the engine intakes. Those incidents aside every station regardless of the company has their problems from time to time.

jetstream27
22nd Feb 2005, 12:59
I think with all the contracts going to servisair at lpl i think it wont be long until we lose Aviance along with a great bunch of lads.

Never mind lads plenty of jobs with servisair.

1st you give us your biggest contract

next you give us all your guys.

Thanks

ops 69
22nd Feb 2005, 16:54
there is no way aviance at liverpool are going anywere we will just sit back and watch the summer mess you lot at servisair will get into should be really funny. would rather be on the dole than work for such a muppet company like servisair

Magic Buff
23rd Feb 2005, 16:04
I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT ONLY 3 NEW CONTRACTS HAVE COME TO LIVERPOOL SINSE THE EASYJET FIASCO, VLM AND WIZZ AIR WENT TO AVIANCE, AIR LINGUS WENT TO CIRCUSAIR.
2:1 TO AVIANCE IN MY BOOK, ALSO WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN FLYBE/RYAN AIR/AND EASYJET RUN OUT OF PATIENCE WITH THE CONSTANT MUPPETEERING AND ASR'S IN THE PIRATE SHIP NEXT DOOR.

Cheers Buddy
24th Feb 2005, 06:08
Jetsream27

May I suggest you get your facts straight before you post replies on here - it'll make it less embarrasing for you.
Number of Ops staff to leave Aviance for Servisair LPL = 0
Number of Ops staff to leave Servisair for Aviance LPL = 9
Enough Said!
Aviance are far more professional and has a much better working environment.
What can I say?? Better Staff - Better Service to our Customer airlines.

lagerlout
25th Feb 2005, 12:21
here here.

I wonder who gets preference ezy or ryanair when the summer fun begins. circusair are bad enough as it is now!

paulc
1st Mar 2005, 11:02
as an occasional SLF user of SOU I can only comment that early am's are chaotic and summer Saturdays with 2 x 737 + A320 all on the ground at the same time is even worse. Baggage handling is poor with long waiting times even though the aircraft is very close. Have seen a domestic baggage go into international arrivals which did cause a few probems.

Magic Buff
3rd Mar 2005, 07:24
With regard to the staff who are employed by circusair, I would like to say that they are all very hard working and conscientious people at Liverpool and have done well in very difficult circumstances, it is unfortunate what has happend over the last 18 months and I hope we can all find a little humour in it.

surely not
5th Mar 2005, 13:29
PaulC; the closeness of the aircraft to the baggage reclaim is a benefit to the passenger only in that they don't have so far to walk. For the loaders it doesn't matter where the aircraft is; it will take the same time to offload 150 bags on a stand at LHR as it will at SOU. The big difference is that at SOU the passenger will be in the baggage reclaim waiting, whereas at LHR they'll still be on the route march to the baggage reclaim!
It also takes the same time to offload the bags onto the delivery belt, as the speed of the belt drives how quickly bags can be offloaded. This is set at an optimum speed which allows pax to be able to lift bags off the belt with relatively little effort rather than being dragged around cartoon style as they try to avoid their arms being pulled off!!

tall and tasty
5th Mar 2005, 22:54
20-17

Unfotunately true about FCA they are moving 11th April 2005 from aviance but not at liberty to say where they are going sorry.

Always gave the best service ever, when I was online cos I made sure I did my job to 110% when I did it out there whether in the office or on line and that was the policy in the despatch. But with the changes when Go-ahead took over there were some losses as in any company of very experienced personal.

They have had changes including taking on the old Ops Director from FCA to be the new Aviance Ops Director at EGKK.

As to the others I am not sure but will ask and pm you if you would like to know

TnT :ok:

ops 69
6th Mar 2005, 13:16
well all the talk about aviance and how they are falling apart but not at liverpool they are just waiting for more business to come there way which it will so magic buff do not worry and cheers buddy you love servisair so much that there is a rumour on a free transfer in the summer look forward to your reply gmia

Cheers Buddy
6th Mar 2005, 14:26
Ops 69

There is not a cat in hell's chance I will be off to Servisair this summer on a free. There are some great lads there but Ill never work for Servisair Like Magic Buff. Anyway they couldnt afford the transfer fee of £12.5million for me!! You on the other hand wouldnt even get a Bosman free transfer to Netto!

Best wishes
Cheers Buddy

jimbols6
9th Mar 2005, 18:08
BMIBABY going to Menzies at MAN and the other aviance contracts are being fought over at the mo!!
The plot thickens!!!:suspect:

ops 69
12th Mar 2005, 06:27
this is indeed bad news thay should be winning contracts not loseing them has anyone any more info

Magic Buff
13th Mar 2005, 10:08
Well ops69, not trying to be serious are we?, anyway it's not all bad news, maybe this series of losses will provoke Aviance to get things sorted, as it is things seem to be going well in the smaller stations, it is some of the larger stations who are letting the side down, hopefully this will be rectified in due course.

Ckin Gal
21st Mar 2005, 15:32
QUOTE:'as it is things seem to be going well in the smaller stations'

I don't call partially shutting a station down 'things going well!'

sorry but we're all a bit miserable down here :(

MAN_Dispatcher
4th Apr 2005, 16:44
Aviance at MAN are nowhere near the size they were a few years ago (as GHI).

They recently lost Monarch, and have now lost the ramp for bmibaby. All the regular handling they have now is:

bmi (ramp only)
VLM
Virgin Atlantic
Delta
Turkish Airlines
KLM/Air France
Flyjet
Pegasus
Balkan Holiday Air
Air Atlanta

I've recently heard that THEY have given notice to Air Atlanta & Flyjet - can this be true?!

Also, there have been rumours that VS & AF/KL will be going to another handling agent. If these rumours are true, it's not looking good, is it??

ASCIL
23rd Apr 2005, 07:31
Aviance here in Jersey have pulled out from Passenger handling and are now only handling bags. They now do the bags for ASCIL. (See link below :ok: )

Who's Handling Who (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134015)

nibor
30th Apr 2005, 09:25
Can anyone confirm when the BMI contracts are up for negotiation. If memory serves me correctly part of the deal when BMI handling was sold off included a 5 year handling contract.
Correct me if i am wrong as it was a long time ago.

Cheers Bye

Alan Tracey
2nd May 2005, 16:28
I am under the impression that a new contract, covering several years, has been signed earlier this year, at least for LHR and ramp handle at other stations.....

Fernando_Covas
2nd May 2005, 17:35
Aviance at LGW are rubbish. I flew to Dominican Republic with first choice and aviance messed up my seat be giving it out to another passenger aswell as me. They had the attitude of "dealt with it". Very, very poor.