PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Interview

Airspeed
30th Aug 2000, 04:40
Does anybody know how long after filling out a paper application for Cathay, will an offer for an interview be requested?

The Guru
3rd Sep 2000, 17:23
From very recent experience I found it took about 10 months from date of posting to date of receipt. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif That said I know A.L. has been away a little so that might be the reason for the dealy?!?

Lerxt
4th Sep 2000, 09:23
It took me 3 weeks to get a request.

Airspeed
4th Sep 2000, 19:41
Thanks Lerxt, I hope I'll be hearing something soon. Can't wait to fly again. Do you think they will accept a First Class Medical with co pilot only? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

Lerxt
5th Sep 2000, 01:01
Cathay do their own medical and it is a bastard of a medical. It takes well over one hour. They told us that most people fail the medical. Don't be concerned however, just relax and do your best.

moon_towers
5th Sep 2000, 07:26
Between 2 years-5 years.

US Marine
5th Sep 2000, 14:01
CV submitted in July, application form in August, interview in HK in September. You won't hear a bad word about there speed of processing applications from here.

Airspeed
5th Sep 2000, 20:59
Good Luck Marine man, They should have received my app the first of Sept. Let me know how it goes OK. US Army

ausflyer
24th Sep 2000, 06:39
Hi all. Should one accept the fact that at 38 years old that the race has been run for entry as SO? TP at CX would not commit when asked last week. No heavy/wide time. 3500hrs with the usual trimmings. Any one willing to comment? Thanks and always looking on the bright side!!!!!!!

Polar-bear
27th Sep 2000, 13:35
Hey Airspeed

They are really on a recruiting drive down here in Sunny South Africa. They had adverts in various magazines here, and I sent off my C.V. Within 2 weeks I had the forms to fill in, and a week after sending them off, they asked me to come for an interview.

A friend of mine got called for an interview 2 days after faxing off his CV.

All the best with your application!

Polar-bear

middlemarker
28th Sep 2000, 01:06
took me about ten months for the forst one ,i dint even think i would get a look in with only 1200 total 300 multi ,but im on my way to the final one now sound like there screaming out for pilots

KingAir
28th Sep 2000, 05:47
Hey middlemarker, I have about the same amount of hours as you have and just filled out and handed in my application forms last month. Just wondering if any of the 300 hours multi was turbine and what did you do to get your application noticed.

nudger
28th Sep 2000, 06:45
Not quite the bottom of the barrel just yet!

middlemarker
1st Oct 2000, 06:11
king air

na no turbine most of it on c-310 and at the time of the interview i was flying a 182

best of luck mate

r u from oz

KingAir
2nd Oct 2000, 19:37
Thanks middlemarker. I currently reside in Toronto, Canada. I wonder how CX is doing for Canuck crews? I'll follow up this week with T.P. Good luck to you on your final interview.

Bob Hawke
3rd Oct 2000, 12:15
Ausflyer,
Got almost the same answer, and I am in the same boat,that is, no definitive answer - but a hint that I was wasting mine and their time. Who knows, wonders never cease. http://smilecwm.tripod.com/cwm/a.gif

Maybe there is a reason for this. Maybe there is a God, or even the world is flat. It doesn't matter, just get on with it and something else will come your way.

Good luck to the rest of you. ON ON.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hawke (edited 03 October 2000).]