PDA

View Full Version : No World Championships in the UK this year!

headsethair
19th Jan 2005, 07:27
Just seen an announcement on the HCGB website which updates the situation. It has now emerged that the Worlds will not happen in the UK.
The HCGB Board decided that the contracts for Kemble were too "onerous"
and
"In addition it transpired that the FAI-CIG had not actually sanctioned the event.
This means the WHC in 2005 will now be located outside the UK. The new location will be confirmed by the FAI-CIG in March 2005. This in no way effects preparations for the British Team and we shall continue with plans to produce the winning team."
Tweed jackets and leather elbow patches at dawn. There'll be some explaining to do!

Heliport
19th Jan 2005, 09:11
Thanks for letting us know headsethair

I did wonder when I read in an earlier post that Kemble wanted to take the entire proceeds of the 'gate' how the HCGB would then be able to finance the infrastructure.
I've heard FAI sanction doesn't come cheap but, never having been involved in any way in helicopter competitions, I don't know if that's true.

NB:

If anyone has any questions/views/criticisms/suggestions, send them to the HCGB or post them on the HCGB's own website.

I am not prepared to spend time monitoring and moderating discussions about the internal politics of any flying club - or to allow this topic to be used as an excuse by people with their own agenda trying to settle personal grudges.

Heliport