PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused!

Healey
25th Nov 2000, 12:14
Thanks to lobbying from the AOA the co. have agreed on the extension issue. I guess I should be pleased but.......
Those who were prepared to poo on their colleagues and extend on B-scales have therefore secured a substantial payrise. That payrise was a result of the efforts of the Association of their colleagues whom they were quite happy to shaft.
Am I the only one who is confused?

[This message has been edited by Healey (edited 25 November 2000).]

Checkmate
25th Nov 2000, 14:17
Healey. Confused? Call (852) 2736 0823 weekdays, if you are HKAOA. If not join. You will get a sensible, reasonable, answer.

[This message has been edited by Checkmate (edited 25 November 2000).]

Neutral Stability
25th Nov 2000, 14:53
Well done to all, especially the AOA and its members for bringing this about. I must say, however, that I would have been even more delighted had the outcome been that w.e.f. all future extendees would do so on A scales thereby excluding the existing handful whose actions I can never condone. Let them lie in the bed they have made for themselves! Similarly, the company's actions are reprehensible. Let's not be be overcome with the euphoria of the moment - all they have done is give back something that should never have been taken away in the first place! Whatever credibility NR may have built up has effectively been destroyed by the extendee issue and his farcical comments vis-a-vis the 1994 rostering practices. I would urge you all to maintain your resolve in order to bring about a speedy and successful resolution to the ongoing rostering practices negotiations.

Don Patrol
25th Nov 2000, 16:03
I agree NS. Our contract states that we retire at 55. (COS1999 36.1)
As we are under CC at the moment NO ONE should accept extensions as this is a violation of CC. If the CO. want/need us to work past 55,then lets have a proper, negotiated, binding contract that all parties agree to. The last thing we need is CX making individual 'deals'.
UNITED WE STAND

bigblackdog
28th Nov 2000, 07:15
The point of the matter with these “extenders” is that they have been put back on the original contract . The danger of this whole episode is that management were quite willing to employ what were effectively direct entry Captains on new contracts and we have firmly told them where to shove it. That this very dangerous precedence has been nipped in the bud is a significant achievement and show of solidarity by the pilot group. Well done.
That the individuals involved have demonstrated such naivety or greed in accepting these original contracts will see them remembered, when they finally do leave, as fools.

EX HARBOUR DOOD
1st Dec 2000, 14:48
It seems to me that everyone is ready to defend themselves, dump the AOA and try to get the best deal from the company as an individual! Because it seems that the AOA is securing deals to feather there own retirement!!!

Thrust
2nd Dec 2000, 05:45
What absolute rubbish you write EHD. Read the posts and stop displaying your ignorance.

Healey
2nd Dec 2000, 10:31
Who the hell is ex harbour dood? He has suddenly appeared in a burst of inane rantings that have no connection to the real world whatsover! Definitely time for a closed forum methinks!

cheklapsap
2nd Dec 2000, 11:18
You can figure out what kind of "Dood?" this fool EHD is, by reading what he says in the Richard de Watts post. Disgusting! Qantas are welcome to him.
Back to the subject. Is it true one of the 'scabtains' has lost not only his reputation, but also his licence, the latter on medical grounds?