PDA

View Full Version : I,m Back !!

Captain Krono
10th Oct 2000, 06:10
Hi Guys I am back, fit and well and a big thanks to all of you who took the time to give me a call or send an email to check the old Krono was OK.

I am ready to go so first off let me say to those who thought Liam had seen me off" TOUGH". It will take more than that whimp to sack the old Krono.

Down to important stuff. I posted the age 60 retirement rumour a few months ago. Some poo pooed it but look now at what has happened. To the 4 extendees my sympathy you will have a rough time of it. There are no excuses ,you 4 have sold out.

As regards the CC breakers you are shortly to be suspended and your fate will be the same BUT you can redeem yourselves and you will be given a fair hearing but until then you're on your own.

I think flying with the "4" and the "Suspended" constitutes a real flying safety hazard and should be reported at every opportunity to the CAD via the confidential reporting human factors system.

Sorry to hear the NZ IRD has ruled against our NZ based guys but had you done your homework in the first place you would have known you were always on a sticky wicket.

Now for some hot stuff.

One of our managers due to retire next year is taking CX to court in HKG on an age discrimination charge. Good you say, well read on. His case and solicitors are being funded by CX !!!!! Why ? Well if the ruling goes against CX then retirement at 55 will be illegal and the company will be forced to amend our contracts to reflect this HKG ruling. In other words 55 will be erased opening the door for unlimited extensions. The manager in question has no intention of extending, his flat in London is nearing completion and he will leave at 55 with the appropriate golden handshake.

Great to be back. See you at the EGM.

Krono.

Cloud Cuckooland
10th Oct 2000, 09:13
Bottom line:
We assemble negotiating tools and they assemble negotiating tools. To bad the "Four" have given them a great big hammer FOC.

Checkmate
10th Oct 2000, 10:18
Krono. I went through the legal process with respect to CPLARS relevant age, and age discrimination, some years ago. The result was "There is no age discrimination protection in HK law".