PDA

View Full Version : BOURNEMOUTH

Pages : [1] 2

FLYboh
18th Jan 2005, 16:56
Thought we'd start a thread on BOH similar to the others on here.

New for 2004

Thomsonfly:
Palma & Malaga daily
Amsterdam & Valencia both 6X weekly
Faro, Paris & Pisa each 5x weekly

Jet2:
Belfast daily

Thomson Holidays:
Pula may-oct every tuesday
Tenerife may-oct every friday shared with Mytravel
(also Malaga & Palma using TOM loco flights)

Island Getaways:
Salzburg may-oct every sunday

Cancelled from 2004

Mytravel:
Gran Canaria

Aurigny:
Guernsey daily
Jersey daily

Rumours for 2005:

Jet2:

Add daily Edinburgh & Prague

Thomsonfly:

Add Alicante & Venice

AirSouthwest:

To start 2X daily Manchester service

Ryanair:

Possible re introduction of Hahn & new to Bergamo

Can anyone back these rumours?

Does anyone know anything else 'doing the rounds' re BOH?

Cheers

:ok:

LTNman
18th Jan 2005, 17:13
Heard they might get a new cash machine

terrywilcox
18th Jan 2005, 17:18
But I am sure there IS a Bournemouth thresd.

airhumberside
18th Jan 2005, 17:56
Is Pula shared with Bath Travel or anyone else? Is Salzburg just Island Getaways or is any one else selling seats on it?

In my view CIA would be more likely than BGY after the recent spat between FR and the airport

Im surprised ALC wasnt introduced from the start by Thomson Fly

WOWBOY
18th Jan 2005, 18:51
I would like to see Airsouthwest launch BOH-MAN!

phil_2405
18th Jan 2005, 19:36
Cargo flights at BOH underwent changes recently as well. Channel Express withdrew the F27 on cargo flights and were replaced by Emerald and Air Contractors. I think one daily newspaper flight was also lost completely.

Here's hoping Channel Express/Jet2 launch more routes from BOH soon as it is their admin base. I think EDI is crying out for an operator!

FLYboh
18th Jan 2005, 19:50
air humberside,

The Pula service is being offered by the TUI group. Bath Travel/Palmair are not involved with any of their flights.

Salzburg is just by Island Getaways. They were really pleased with the success of the Milan summer flights that they've introduced this new route. The Milan flights for 2004 moved to BOH from SOU after DUO went bust and all their flights are operated by EAC 737.

terrywilcox, The other thread is just for Thomsonfly at BOH. I thought it better to open it up to any news/rumours re BOH.

eurostar builder
19th Jan 2005, 07:58
The Terminal is now changing.

There is now a partition between the cafe and the check in desk and work is underway building a new duty free shop and new toilets.

There is also another new baggage belt being instaled and the arrival area will be changed.

I understand a new cafe bar is to be built for non passengers.

Daily there is a Emerald 748 and a Air Contractors sat on the main ramp and three Channel Express F27 parked by hangar 102.

A Manchester flight is defently needed for Bournemouth.

A good year for Bournemouth

Groundloop
19th Jan 2005, 08:06
The cash machine joke is wearing a bit thin!

Nakata77
19th Jan 2005, 10:04
I can't believe that Edinburgh, Manchester and Alicante are not served yet by daily low cost carriers.

eurostar builder
19th Jan 2005, 10:47
From the local paper

BOURNEMOUTH Airport is bracing itself for almost a million passengers in 2005.

The airport faces a race against time to improve its passenger terminal before low-fare airlines Thomsonfly.com and Jet2.com begin flying out of Bournemouth - doubling its number of flyers overnight.

In 2004 nearly 495,000 passengers flew out of Bournemouth, but with advance bookings with the new operators booming, airport chiefs predict this figure will shoot up to just under a million this year.

And they have revealed work is ahead of schedule on a major revamp of the passenger terminal to cope with the extra passengers.

The project started in December and will include a complete reconfiguration of the existing layout as well as a second baggage belt in the arrivals area.

Airport spokesman Sally Windsor said: "We will not reach this figure as a result of steady growth over the year. It will literally happen overnight.

"Six of Thomsonfly.com's seven new flight routes will all open on the same day, as well as Jet2.com's daily flights to Belfast, and because it will happen in the run-up to Easter we are expecting to be very busy."

Delighted tourism chiefs welcomed news that increased passenger numbers will help pump more than £10 million into the local economy.

They expect a dramatic increase in inbound tourism, which will have a knock-on effect on hotels and restaurants and help raise the profile of the region.

Paul Knight, director of service delivery at Bournemouth Airport, said: "We have estimated that our low-cost operators will, in total, bring more than 100,000 visitors into the region and we have already starting working with the local tourism industry to ensure we maximise the opportunities."

Thomsonfly.com will need to recruit more than 60 new staff and the airport expects to hire up to 200 workers, including baggage handlers and security guards.

Beverly Ware from Bournemouth Tourism said: "It is fantastic news for Bournemouth and the surrounding area. All indications are that this will help expand Bournemouth as a tourist destination."

Thomsonfly.com will operate daily flights to Malaga and Palma, six flights a week to Amsterdam, Paris and Valencia, and five flights a week to Faro and Pisa. Flights to all destinations will start on March 22, except for Palma, which will begin the next day.

Jet2.com, part of the Bournemouth-based Dart Group plc, will operate daily flights to Belfast from March 23.

eurostar builder
19th Jan 2005, 15:12
The landside part of the terminal (Ie Before security checks)
Will consist of the check in desks, the bureau de change, WH Smiths,
An O'Brians sandwich bar and a seating area.

The Air side facilities for departing passengers will consist of
Food village, the bar de voyages, improved duty free shop and
Additional toilets.

The immigration hall will be increased in size and a second baggage
Carousel will be installed in the arrivals hall. And those meeting passengers off flights will now have a dedicated meters arrival lounge.

;';';;';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';'; ';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';;';'
The arrivals hall is really great news how long we been waiting for this

2005 Charter Destinations

Alicante - Palmair
Barbados - Bath Travel
Bergen,Norway - Norwegian Coastal Voyage
Chambery - Crystal/thomson
Corfu - Palmair
Cyprus - Libra/Amathus/Planet Holidays
Dubai - Bath Travel
Dubrovnik - Palmair
Faro - First Choice/Palmair
Innsbruck - Crystal/Inghams/Thomson
Lake Garde - Italian getaways/newmarket holidays/palmair
Jamaca - Bath Travel
Lanzerote - Palmair
Maderia - Palmair
Malaga - Palmair / thomson
Minorca - Palmair
Naple - Newmarket holidays
New York - Bath Travel
Oporto - Newmarket Holidays
Palma - Airtours/Aspro/Direct holidays/Palmair/Thomson/Panorama
Pula - Thomson
Salzburg - Austrain Getaways
Sardina - Newmarket Holidays
Sicily - Newmarket Holidays
Tenerife- Airtours/Aspro/Palmair/Thomson
Turin - Crystal/Thomson
Verona - Newmarket Holidays
Venice - Newmarket Holidays

FLYboh
19th Jan 2005, 15:53
Other Charters for 2005:

Barcelona NewMarket Holidays 4 departures
Malta NewMarket 4 departures
Paphos Libra 4 departures

Get me some traffic
19th Jan 2005, 17:00
Surely a BOH - MME would work? SOU - LBA and SOU - NCL both seem successful so why not? Could tap into the movement of FRA personnel as well as the SKIers (Spending the Kids Inheritance).

loveJet
20th Jan 2005, 09:23
Dont forget:

Rockhopper

Jersey Extra two flight s a week on Mon & Wed...

But hopefully even more frequency for the summer.

Jet

MARKEYD
20th Jan 2005, 12:59
Its really good news regarding all this expansion happening so quickly

Apart from based Thomsonfly and Palmair other airlines using the airport this summer are

European 737
Euro Atlantic 737 300
Spanair A320 / 321
Futura 737 400
Euro Cypria 737 800
Europe Air Post 737 300
Thomsonfly 767 200/300
British Airways 777

New charters and one off charters include

Dubai
New York
Montego Bay
New Orleans
A\apulco

Bournemouth will also see its busiest winter 2005/6 fly cruise with over 8 flights to Barbados alone !! really good for a local airport

I would imagine ramp space must be off a premium now as 5 747 are parked on taxiway " romeo" (old runway 17/35 ) and they use taxiway " Bravo " for taxiing out to the runway

Any idea where the new terminal may be built if and when it is approved , also does anyone think they may knock down or move the Channel Express cargo shed to make way for more ramp space , especially as the cargo situation has changed at BOH now

FLYboh
20th Jan 2005, 14:55
re the new terminal location.

I remember reading in an article that it was to be built on land to the west of the terminal. I think that this would be between the A.T. school and possibly includes the Channel Express area.

Richy747400
20th Jan 2005, 20:29
The improvement to the terminal is great news but another important thing is how to transport inbound passengers to Bournemouth from the airport to the town centre. Is there going to be a proper bus service at last?!?!?!?!

eurostar builder
21st Jan 2005, 07:07
There was mention in the Skybourne magazine a while back that a hourly bus service was to be introduced.

The taxi situation needs to be sorted out, if you have tried to get a taxi at Bournemouth on a Saturday evening, near impossible.

I beleive the new terminal is to the west of the orginal terminal
but further down to the end of the dissused cross runway (ie
Where 747s are parked)

From March the main ramps will be used for Sheduled aircraft only with no corperate or private aircraft allowed.

Groundloop
21st Jan 2005, 08:30
I remember seeing plans for a new terminal at BOH which had it situated near the threshold of runway 26 (ie where the museum is) with access off Matchams Lane with a possible connection to the A338.

However that was a few years ago so they may have been superseded with a new proposal.

FLYboh
21st Jan 2005, 15:00
Latest edition of the airport paper was in the terminal today and more IT holidays are:

Sardinia with Just Sardinia. Using FR flights to Gerona and then onward to Sardinia with FR.

Costa Brava, weekly with Getaways from April to September. Just says weekly flights so I'm not sure if they're using FR's flights or chartering EAC. Anyone know?

johnwalton
21st Jan 2005, 15:08
Sardinia with Just Sardinia. Using FR flights to Gerona and then onward to Sardinia with FR

With BOH-GIR and GIR-AHO being once daily, how are they going to manage to connect people in GIR? Is there an overnight stop in Girona on the return leg?

eurostar builder
21st Jan 2005, 16:09
The Airport has to update there website better with arrivals

FR9911 Girona 12:00 Estimated 11:55
JKK3217 Tenerife 12:25 Estimated 12:40
FR7544 Prestwick 15:40
AX107 Alderney 15:45
FR994 Dublin 16:40
AX505 Guernsey 19:10
EAF551 Tenerife 20:50

Last updated: 21 Jan 2005 10:57

---------------------------------------------------
The time is now 17.08.

FLYboh
14th Feb 2005, 19:22
The Jet2 rumour is doing the rounds again. They are planning to add two new destinations to BOH within the first year. A while back I had heard daily to Edinburgh and Prague, but latest gossip is that they're looking at adding a couple of routes that Thomsonfly haven't started up yet into Spain.

I'm guessing at Alicante or Murcia. Surely they would leave Barcelona to Ryanairs daily Girona. Would be interesting to see the affect on pax numbers to Girona if this service was launched.

Anyone heard any more????:ok:

Nakata77
15th Feb 2005, 10:56
If Jet2 launched Bournemouth to Barcelona, Ryanair would simply offer all seats free until people get the message that Ryanair fares are the cheapest. Jet2 then would be painfully shown that to mess with Ryanair is a mistake.

Jet2 Edinburgh and Prague... thats what I heard just this morning... But wouldnt rule out other Spanish routes that Thomsonfly haven't got as they are the most profitable and successful pre-bookers.

eurostar builder
18th Feb 2005, 08:13
Bournemouth Airport Arrivals Website

Today Friday 18/2 at 09.10
Live Flight Information: Arrivals

Last updated: 17 Feb 2005 10:02

Great if i want to know whats in yesterday.

They got to get a grip with this------Come on Bournemouth Airport

loveJet
18th Feb 2005, 11:09
the website is fine now, thanx for the comment

sometimes a technical glitch for a moment, but now its a.ok.

jabird
18th Feb 2005, 11:26
Nakata,

"If Jet2 launched Bournemouth to Barcelona, Ryanair would simply offer all seats free until people get the message that Ryanair fares are the cheapest. Jet2 then would be painfully shown that to mess with Ryanair is a mistake."

Yet LPL has room for FR to do REU and GRO, with EZY doing BCN (x2 iirc). I would be more interested to see if Jet2 could make the slots work at BCN, as this has been commented on quite a few times.

For a weekend city break, people will always prefer to use the airport which can get them where they want to go within 60 minutes of landing (taxiing permitting), whereas REU and GRO serve plenty of other nearby resorts in their own right.

I very much doubt that ticket prices would be the most important issue if J2 were to launch this route.

Nakata77
18th Feb 2005, 15:16
jabird

nice that you think of the human race as decent people, but unfortunately as statistics can back up, people don't follow brand or convenience, they follow price. Especially from a regional airport.

Whilst I agree GRO picks up enough demand in its own right I doubt GRO without Barcelona on its doorsetp would work - from Bournemouth anyway.

Look at the CAA stats: BOH-GRO carries more pax per month than does BRS-BCN.

eurostar builder
18th Feb 2005, 17:05
A passenger flew in today in a private plane and wanted a hot meal before onward travel. As the restaurant is now airside no food (only sandwich Bar) was available.

They went home with a bad experiance of Bournemouth Airport (and hungry).

At least the cash point was still accessible

virginblue
18th Feb 2005, 17:36
What good is the cash point if one cannot spend the money on food... ? :hmm:

Wondering if we will ever see a route to Germany again from BOH.

The idea to operate HLX flights into Thomsonfly bases seems to be quite a desaster as the CGN-CVT route is producing rather unhealthy loads - so I would rule out flights from BOH to CGN by HLX. However, Air Belrin seems to be doing quite OK from SOU to PAD, so there might be a market for flights from the south coast to Germany provided the German gateway is somewhere near BFG camps.

surely not
18th Feb 2005, 19:32
Confused by the point Eurostar made. If the guy flew in, one imagines it is reasonable to assume that he was airside at that time? So did he come in on the west side of the Airfield and drive round to the terminal?

Ianj
19th Feb 2005, 12:52
The idea to operate HLX flights into Thomsonfly bases seems to be quite a desaster as the CGN-CVT route is producing rather unhealthy loads

I work from Coventry airport and the passenger figures for the HLX route CGN-CVT-CGN are very good, majority of flights having approximatley 120 pax onboard.

Ian J.

virginblue
19th Feb 2005, 13:42
I work from Coventry airport and the passenger figures for the HLX route CGN-CVT-CGN are very good, majority of flights having approximatley 120 pax onboard.

Hmmm, interesting to hear, but when HLX had a 2 EUR incl. tax offer for flights on March last week, almost all tickets were for the CVT route. I suppose that it is an indicator that the route is not doing that well, particularly in the light of the new Germanwings service to BHX that will start in March.

jabird
19th Feb 2005, 16:39
VB,

There was speculation at the time about whether this route was a convenient way to show that there are other airlines at CVT beyond TOM, and even that it might be a PR ruse.

I'll have to admit that I didn't think it would work without at least a daily rotation.

It seems to be continuing for the time being, and if the loads are good now at €2 per sector, then yields may well go up later in the year.

Mods, can we split this to a CVT happenings thread? There must be enough to talk about now, both "on and off piste" as such!

I think splitting might cause a bit of confusion and interrupt the flow. However, if anyone feels there is sufficient interest, they can start a CVT thread. :ok:
cheers H.

eurostar builder
19th Feb 2005, 19:38
I would assume that the passengers on a private flight would not be allowed to mingle with passengers of an outbound flight in the departure lounge.

ForestFlyer
24th Feb 2005, 04:23
As long as the private passengers have been subjected to the same security procedures as those for the scheduled service, there is no reason why not. At a number of airports I've used, private pilots and passengers often use the Duty/Tax Free shop at that airport, mixing with 'normal' passengers, prior to being taken to their aircraft.

Flightrider
24th Feb 2005, 05:47
Hmmmm...CAA stats for January show 1,964 passengers carried on CVT-CGN for the month. Working on the basis that there were 13 rotations in the month x 148 seats x 2 legs = 3,848 seats. That equates to a 51% loadfactor or 76 per sector. Whilst it's not awful, it isn't a resounding endorsement of the HLX strategy of serving Thomsonfly bases. I wouldn't hold my breath in Bournemouth.

Le Tirer
24th Feb 2005, 08:19
When Ryanair operated from Bournemouth to Hahn they carried 94,548 pax in the first year of operation (March 02 - February 03). Monthly figures included 9,914 in July 02, 10,375 in August 02 and 9842 in August 03. From this, there would appear to be a reasonable demand for flights to Germany from BOH. Ryanair dropped the route so that they could start Girona instead which presumably has higher yields on similar passenger numbers (92,661 January 04 to December 04). I am surprised Ryanair haven't restarted Hahn flights as it did seem popular particularly, I gather, among students using the language schools in Bournemouth. Perhaps HLX should get in quick!

FLYboh
24th Feb 2005, 15:13
Le Tirer,

The Hahn route was always operated by a 189 seat 800, where as the Girona route was operated by a 130 seat 200 from end of April 04 through to 07/09/04. So the GRO route has performed much better than the Hahn ever did. Also Hahn was always heavily discounted from BOH.

FLYboh
1st Mar 2005, 15:08
Palmair voted 2nd best airline for service by Holiday Which!
Article taken from Bournemouth Echo

OTHER bigger airlines may claim to be the world's favourite and take more care of you, but Bournemouth-based Palmair really is and does.

Despite being knocked off its number one perch by Singapore Airlines, the Palmair subsidiary of the Bath Travel empire is still flying high in the annual passenger poll conducted by Holiday Which?

With just two aircraft taking around 70,000 passengers a year to a dozen destinations from the Canaries to Corfu, Palmair was voted second favourite in the Consumer Association's bi-annual airline satisfaction survey.

And with Jet2, the budget airline arm of Channel Express, which will be launching a Belfast service from Hurn later this month, placed third in the poll, Bournemouth can claim two of the top three smoothest operators.

Nearly 20,000 passengers were canvassed for their thoughts on a range of comfort criteria from checking in to cabin cleanliness, in-flight service and meals.

The Holiday Which? report enthused: "Pocket dynamo Palmair continues to punch above its weight. Once up in the air, cabin crew on Singapore and Palmair were in a class of their own," added the report, which also found that only Air New Zealand gave more leg room to its passengers than Palmair.

Company chairman Peter Bath, whose personal meeting and greeting of passengers boarding at Bournemouth has long been a Palmair trademark, said the Holiday Which? results showed small was beautiful when it came to giving friendly service.

"Once you get to be number one you can't go any higher, but we are very pleased to get second," said Mr Bath.

Ian Doubtfire, managing director of Jet2 said: "We treat our passengers well, have smart cabin crew and leather interiors.

"We'll be flying on time every day with low fares when our Belfast service launches."

First published: March 1

FLYboh
19th Mar 2005, 12:56
Theres a rumour going around that TOM will base a third 737 at BOH in time for the summer. TOM are said to be taking on 2 ex easy planes. Anyone heard anymore???

phil_2405
20th Mar 2005, 19:20
Theres a rumour going around that TOM will base a third 737 at BOH in time for the summer. TOM are said to be taking on 2 ex easy planes. Anyone heard anymore???

It would be a very bold and positive move by Thomsonfly if that were to happen. Wouldn't they need to announce routes etc quite soon for a S05 start??

I wonder what routes a third airframe would operate.........

eurostar builder
21st Mar 2005, 07:44
With Thomsonfly starting tomorrow

Any ideas when we will see the First Plane will arrive at Bournemouth

Anybody know when its being delivered down south.

holidaymax
21st Mar 2005, 08:14
From the Thomsonfly arrivals page they will be in as follows

TOM001 Coventry - Bournemouth 22:10 Expected 22:13

TOM005 Coventry - Bournemouth 22:55 On time 22:54

eurostar builder
21st Mar 2005, 08:51
How on Earth do they know that the arrival is going to be 3 mins late and the other 1 min early as it only just the start of the day.

phil_2405
21st Mar 2005, 20:32
TOM001 Coventry Bournemouth 22:10 Expected 23:36

TOM005 Coventry Bournemouth 22:55 On time 22:54

Latest info from Thomsonfly.com

I also wondered how they can know estimated arrival times so far in advance, even for 2mw!

Good luck Thomsonfly @ BOH!! :D

Winston
22nd Mar 2005, 14:01
How did T-Fly do today?

phil_2405
22nd Mar 2005, 14:26
Good loads on all the flights departing BOH so far today

phil_2405
22nd Mar 2005, 15:34
Thomsonfly.com has taken off from Bournemouth

The first Thomsonfly.com low fares flight took off from Bournemouth Airport early this morning.

The first flight was bound for Valencia in Spain at 6.45am. Each one of the 148 seats on the Boeing 737-300 aircraft was occupied with people from Bournemouth and the surrounding area keen to take the opportunity to fly from their local airport at low prices. As predicted the flights have been selling rapidly since they went on sale at the beginning of December last year; bookings are fast approaching 150,000 sector passengers.

The airline is operating two aircraft from the airport. The first day of flying will see holidaymakers and business travellers flying off to Amsterdam, Pisa, Malaga, Valencia and Paris. Flights start to Palma on Wednesday (23 March) and Faro on Thursday (24 March).

All passengers travelling on Thomsonfly.com flights on the first day will receive a celebratory gift bag containing a number of travel and Thomsonfly.com goodies. Passengers on the first flight were able to toast the new airline with Bucks Fizz.

eurostar builder
22nd Mar 2005, 17:54
At the end of a GREAT DAY for Bournemouth

TOM733 Bournemouth Malaga 20:00 On time 20:00
TOM965 Bournemouth Amsterdam 20:25 Expected 20:34
TOM966 Amsterdam Bournemouth 21:55 Expected 22:15
TOM734 Malaga Bournemouth 23:20 On time 22:59

Not bad so far.

phil_2405
23rd Mar 2005, 11:45
The first Jet2 flight from Belfast has come and gone! Its been a hectic couple of days at BOH!!

eurostar builder
23rd Mar 2005, 17:29
The terminal was very red with Girls giving out Jet2 Leaflets.

I was given 6 leaflets and was only going to the toilet.

A Very Good Week

eurostar builder
25th Mar 2005, 20:54
Bournemouths New Arrivals Lounge

Well done - This has been a long waited project that has been needed for years. No Longer do you get soaking wet to meet passengers arriving.

The seats have been upgraded from White Garden Chairs at the beginning of the week to School Chairs is a row like the doctors waiting room.

There seems to be a missing opportunity to advertise anybodys flights in there with No banners / Signs / Leaflets only Trueprints.

There is a coke machine in the arrivals - Tonight to cold for Coke but does need a Coffee machine and Vending machine (Bmth Airport Please Note)

The arrivals screen is welcomed as nobody ever new what flights they where meeting in the cold and dark outside.

Well done and so good to see all flights comming and going all day over Bournemouth.

phil_2405
26th Mar 2005, 23:24
I have read on airliners.net that Thomsonfly may be basing a third a/c at BOH. They currently have 2 aircraft due which are not allocated a base - G-THOJ and G-THOK (both 733's ex-easyJet).

Does anyone have any further info on this?

Nakata77
27th Mar 2005, 18:35
I heard a similar rumour, they were due to add a 3rd aircraft at Bournemouth from early summer 2006, but because bookings and loads have exceeded all expectations, and BOH is no.1 performing base definately 1 more B733 is heading for Bournemouth. Start date is rumoured to be July, can anyone confirm?

phil_2405
29th Mar 2005, 13:56
A Thomsonfly (Britannia) B757-200 has arrived at Bournemouth this afternoon to operate some TOM flights - Paris and Amsterdam today I believe.

I have been told Thomsonfly have tech probs with one of their 737's hence why they have been using a B752 at COV and now BOH.

Nakata77
29th Mar 2005, 14:17
the reason the B752 is at BOH is due to previous weather delay of earlier services. Crew went out of hrs. Playing catch up.

phil_2405
29th Mar 2005, 14:25
Fair enough Nakata77. Some people will have lots of room on their flights today!! ;)

eurostar builder
29th Mar 2005, 15:03
The delayed Thosmonfly 737 was diverted to Gatwick last night from Bournemouth due to bad weather.

BOH
29th Mar 2005, 19:17
Hey, this is my first post!

Does Anybody know what the bad weather was?Strong Crosswinds?As I dont remember it being particularly bad last night!

Also, does anybody know the reg. of the 757 that was standing in for thomsonfly at Bournemouth today?

Thanks

BOH :D

phil_2405
29th Mar 2005, 19:21
I was a bit confused about the bad weather comments also :confused:

The B752 was G-BYAD I believe BOH.

Le Tirer
29th Mar 2005, 20:07
Between 2200 and 2330 last night the RVR at BOH was at times down to 500m with cloud overcast at 100'. Both TOM966 and TOM734 held waiting for weather improvement. TOM966 eventually made a missed approach and diverted to LGW. TOM734 managed to get in about 20 minutes later.

I don't follow what has been happening today. TOM715/716 to VLC was about 2.5hrs late (presumably having positioned back from LGW?). Returned to BOH about 14:30. By the time the TOM885/886 operated the CDG flight the delay was up to 3.5hrs. Landing back at BOH at 20:20. TOM965 departed for AMS at 21:30 due back at midnight. Which flights has the B757 operated? It doesn't seem to have helped reduce the delays?

phil_2405
29th Mar 2005, 20:16
I don't follow what has been happening today. TOM715/716 to VLC was about 2.5hrs late (presumably having positioned back from LGW?). Returned to BOH about 14:30. By the time the TOM885/886 operated the CDG flight the delay was up to 3.5hrs. Landing back at BOH at 20:20. TOM965 departed for AMS at 21:30 due back at midnight. Which flights has the B757 operated? It doesn't seem to have helped reduce the delays?

Not sure why but the B733 that positioned in from LGW came in about an hr or something later than was planned, which meant the VLC was delayed. Last I heard the B752 was going to operate the Paris and Amsterdam but that could have changed. A poor day for TOM @ BOH in terms of punctuality :confused:

Nakata77
30th Mar 2005, 07:06
the visibility caused 1 flight to divert.

crew for next mornings flight taxied to Gatwick to fly plane empty to BOH which meant they ran out of their hours sooner than normal. In order to avoid cancelling flights they brought in a B752.

what about standby B733 crews at BOH i ask myself?!

They had an empty B733 sitting around all afternoon!

loveJet
30th Mar 2005, 07:54
bmibaby had a diversion into BOH yesterday from manchester. Fuel and go. Nice to see on the apron with two TOM B733's and B752!

BOH
30th Mar 2005, 10:22
Why was the BMI Baby Diverted into BOH??It is nice to see Bournemouth finaly get some real traffic!Saturday lunch time seemed so wierd with all the flights coming and going!:ok:

BOH

EMERALD1
30th Mar 2005, 11:08
All this action AND 2 Emerald 748s dashing back & fore to the islands every day! What an airport!

Le Tirer
30th Mar 2005, 11:44
The BMI Baby diversion was because of fog in Jersey.

BOH
30th Mar 2005, 15:14
Whats with the European flight EAF531 from Jersey tonight at 21:30?

Cheers

BOH

phil_2405
30th Mar 2005, 17:44
Whats with the European flight EAF531 from Jersey tonight at 21:30?

What do you mean what's with it??! :confused:

I believe it is a weekly day trip flight, aircraft departs BOH early and returns in the evening.

FLYboh
30th Mar 2005, 17:45
The EAF Jersey is a Palmair day trip. If you go to the bath travel website and click on the Palmair tab you can look at everything Palmair does from BOH. This will give you the dates etc..

The main reason for this flight is to position the aircraft at Jersey to operate a charter onbehalf of a CI tour operator. The day trips are just to make use of the craft but appear to do ok.:ok:

Wycombe
30th Mar 2005, 20:59
...today I believe it spent the day ex JER going to ACE (Lanzarote) and back.

loveJet
31st Mar 2005, 07:55
VLM, BA and Flybe diversions at BOH now as fog at SOU.

This will be an interesting lunch time with the peak AX/LS/FR and TOM flights as well.

eurostar builder
31st Mar 2005, 15:26
Also there was a Beechcraft 200 diverted from Southampton to add to the diversions.

Jet2 had an Air Execl 737 today

All in all a very good day for Bournemouth

phil_2405
31st Mar 2005, 17:44
Flybe diversions

What flybe flights/aircraft diverted to Bournemouth today?

smallpilot
31st Mar 2005, 18:19
Can the cash machine cope? ;)

FLYboh
31st Mar 2005, 19:08
Oh, good God!:hmm:

loveJet
1st Apr 2005, 08:06
yes its coping.

just...

Eastern Airways Saab 2000 diverted into BOH from Newcastle this morning.

Unusual flights in and out today, Cairo and Barbados among the normal flights.

eurostar builder
1st Apr 2005, 10:09
Bournemouths seeing some different Aircraft on the Jet2 Flights

yesterday was a TF- Air Excel 737
today was TF- Islandsflug 737.

Good to see a Eastern Airlines Saab 2000 at Bournemouth was this one of the ones that was originally painted here
with AIM.

BOH
1st Apr 2005, 11:36
Why have Jet2 flights been using different aircraft on their flights?

Belfast flight is delayed until 3pm at the moment, will try and find out why!

BOH

loveJet
1st Apr 2005, 12:19
BOH, who are you!?

I think there is a tech problem with the B733.

Girona was also very late...

BOH
1st Apr 2005, 12:29
loveJet, why you ask?

loveJet
1st Apr 2005, 12:31
do you work at the airport?!

you obviously have a pulse on the action here, so i just wondered :ok:

BOH
1st Apr 2005, 12:43
Oh I wish I did :)

Im just a Sixth Former unfortunatly :( Using my contacts to the full :p Oh the Joys on the net! hehe

To go a bit off topic, Does anybody here work at ATC at BOH??Because Ive got a weeks Work Experience there in July :D hehe

Hope you guys dont mind me using the forum :O

BOH:D

ALLMCC
1st Apr 2005, 13:23
BOH

Realise its early days but do you have any info on how the BFS service is performing in terms of loads - notice Jet 2 were giving away free night club entry which might suggest loads are falling short of initial expectations. Also see frequency reducing to 4X weekly from 30 August.

loveJet
1st Apr 2005, 13:46
loads are good, about 50% so far. Reckon April will be better and forward bookings looking encouraging.

tribekey
1st Apr 2005, 14:06
BOH - a lot of atc at Bournemouth do keep an eye on this site,been wondering who keeps posting stuff. We'll see you in July- know who you are now.

Obviously atc are pleased with Thomson and jet2 starting up,we also expect the third Thomson 737 in July/Aug. Allthough this greatly increases pax numbers and subsequently work for everyone in handling,terminal staff etc it doesn't radically alter the overall number of aircraft we handle which is around 85000 a year. Large proportion of these are instrument traning or ppl movements though.

phil_2405
4th Apr 2005, 17:36
I think the initial Jet2 loads have been dissappointing but then it does take time to build up a service. The fact that Jet2 are reducing frequency down to 4 weekly on 30th August 05 rather than cutting the route completely must show they have faith in the route and/or forward bookings are reasonable (as mentioned by LoveJet)...anyone agree?

Does the weak start to Belfast for Jet2 make the chance of further Jet2 services from BOH less likely do you think? (I think the airport definitely needs a link to Edinburgh)

jabird
4th Apr 2005, 21:52
Phil,

I would wonder how viable any domestic route is which can't sustain at least one daily rotation - except for some of the LCY shuttles, which have weekend restrictions.

BOH is an important destination, but SOU remains the geographic centre of the Solent, with BHD also being much closer to Belfast.

With less seats to occupy on their Q400s / RJs, I would imagine that BE would have BFS & EDI pretty well sown up, and I just can't see Jet2 reducing costs to the extent that FR would at PIK, where they have a very attractive agreement.

Not sure about the business/leisure or in/out splits on Solent <> NI, but would imagine the demographics on this route might favour SOU, whereas BOH can still offer a great range of holiday destinations at keen prices, many of which would be out of range of a Q400 / SOU's runway anyway.

eurostar builder
5th Apr 2005, 02:59
Think the Bournemouth to Manchester would have been a better choice than Belfast with Jet2 as once rumoured.

Does any airline do a low fare cost to Cyprus.

eurostar builder
5th Apr 2005, 06:13
Has anybody seen the long stay Car Park at Bournemouth

They have made a new gate at the rear and Cars now parking in the Field behind. Surely that shows theres a demand for the flights at Bournemouth.

LTNman
5th Apr 2005, 06:17
They have made a new gate at the rear and Cars now parking in the Field behind.

So nothing has changed since the last time I was at Bournemouth when I found my car marooned in the middle of a lake after it had rained. :sad: :( :{

ALLMCC
5th Apr 2005, 10:48
I would imagine Jet 2 will flog the BFS for as long as they can and dropping it will be a last resort particularly after the embarassment of BFS - ORK being scrapped before it even got off the ground.

Winston
5th Apr 2005, 13:57
At he risk of sounding sad has anyone got any pictures of the Tfly 73s at BOH, i've tried airliners.net but no luck. How strong is the rumour of a third Tfy aircraft this year? How far is the staff car park from the terminal (got to be better than the 10 min bus drive over speed bumps at LGW!!!)

BOH
6th Apr 2005, 21:56
With the amount of rumours going around about it, I would say fairly likely, especially with the good load their getting at the moment bound to rise about that time for the summer holiday rush!

Quote Winston

"has anyone got any pictures of the Tfly 73s at BOH"

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/search.main

Search for Bournemouth and select either 'Bournemouth Airport Movements' or Bournemouth Aircraft Movements 2', theres 2 photo's on their last time I looked, not very good but there at bournemouth!

Talking of the Staff Car Park, does anybody know when I go for work experience with ATC where I should park my car if I drive across??

Cheers

BOH :)

phil_2405
6th Apr 2005, 22:02
If you do a normal photo search for Bournemouth on Airliners.net now, there are a few pics of Thomsonfly.com and Jet2.com:ok:

Nakata77
7th Apr 2005, 13:07
BOH, you will need to park in the staff car park and you will be escorted to ATC. No-one is allowed to drive across the airside part of the airport unless you have an airside driving pass! D'oh!

LGS6753
8th Apr 2005, 17:48
eurostar builder -

Helios do low-cost to Cyprus. Daily from Luton, lower frequencies elsewhere.

phil_2405
11th Apr 2005, 10:20
Have Thomsonfly been having tech probs with G-THOE in the last few days? I see they have been using a B735 G-THOA and the new B733 (G-THOG) for some services at Bournemouth. Or is it just the normal moving round of aircraft that airlines do!

PAPAROMA
11th Apr 2005, 18:16
Flyglobespan do low-cost to Cyprus from GLA on one of their new 737-800s. Overnight flight though

BOH
18th Apr 2005, 15:15
I just drove past BOH on my way home, saw a Thomas Cook 757 outside the BASCO hanger. Why is there still a Iberia B727 across there?

FLYboh
18th Apr 2005, 16:44
Thomson Holidays have announced that they will add 3 new charter destinations for summer 2006.

Algarve, Ibiza and Paphos.

:cool:

loveJet
19th Apr 2005, 08:59
where did you get this info from? the brochures aren't released yet

Groundloop
19th Apr 2005, 12:10
"Why is there still a Iberia B727 across there?"

As it ain't got any engines it can't go anywhere else!

eurostar builder
19th Apr 2005, 12:29
The 727 is a rebuild of another that is hiding behind BASCO hangar and it was supposed to be converted to a Private Jet for some Goverment Aircraft.

Not sure if is still going ahead though as it seems to be dumped on the far side.

phil_2405
19th Apr 2005, 12:54
Thomson Holidays have announced that they will add 3 new charter destinations for summer 2006 - Algarve, Ibiza and Paphos.

where did you get this info from? the brochures aren't released yet

I believe the info was given in a TUI press release on their website.

eurostar builder
19th Apr 2005, 18:12
Yes its on the TUI Website

BOH
20th Apr 2005, 16:33
Its always good to hear of even more flight being planned for bournemouth, although I feel its almost time for a new terminal to be built! Would the 737-300's make the paphos route or would they charter it out/bring it a B757?

FLYboh
20th Apr 2005, 18:46
Too right BOH,

Imagine next summer when TOM will have 3 or even 4 737's based at BOH. It's going to be very busy. Plus the new charter services and anything else that may come our way.

Manchester PLC need to get a move on and build a nice shiny new terminal.

Nakata77
21st Apr 2005, 13:14
B757 will be operating as one based aircraft for Tomsonfly on wed, thu, fri and sat next week. Think one of the B733's is going to have a chance to do the DSA flights - maybe as a back up for press/media etc.

BOH
21st Apr 2005, 15:43
Is the Excel Airways B762 I just saw fly over going for maintentence at BASCO?

phil_2405
21st Apr 2005, 20:00
Is the Excel Airways B762 I just saw fly over going for maintentence at BASCO?

I think it was just training. Not sure though.

smallpilot
21st Apr 2005, 20:09
They'll have to get another cash machine at this rate! :D

anguspm
22nd Apr 2005, 09:57
Originally two IB 727´s for mods, checks, structural etc before use in N Africa (PAX), one has been carried out but the other will not be done. Possibly departing BOH on a lorry..... trainer...

FLYboh
22nd Apr 2005, 18:40
First Choice have announced that they will add a weekly Palma service for summer 2006 using Iberworld A320.

Getting busier and busier.:ok:

a bristolian
22nd Apr 2005, 18:54
Thomas Cook brochure shows BOH-PMI , PFO , DLM and AYT

so at least 4 more!!

phil_2405
22nd Apr 2005, 19:29
Excellent news, keep them coming! :D

eurostar builder
23rd Apr 2005, 06:30
Another new thonsonfly 737 was delivered to Bournemouth last night "OH"

FLYboh
23rd Apr 2005, 16:37
Great news about the Thomas Cook flights. Can anyone confirm length of season and carrier? Will these be operated in conjunction with other charter companies?

Thanks for any information.:ok:

a bristolian
23rd Apr 2005, 17:06
I think the brochure said IWD on the PMI and SunExpress on the the other 3 including PFO which must have been a mistake - more probably ECA.

They all looked like whole charters to me.

FLYboh
25th Apr 2005, 14:05
New for Spring 2006 from Palmair are -

Paphos,
Malta,
Luxor using an Astreaus 737 on the Paphos and Luxor routes.

They have dropped Malaga and Alicante for the winter. Does this mean that TOM are going to introduce an Alicante service?

Info taken from the Bath Travel website. :ok:

Nakata77
25th Apr 2005, 14:20
Flyboh, where on the bath travel website? I can't find it.

FLYboh
25th Apr 2005, 17:45
http://www.bathtravel.com/palmair/pdf/Flight_Times_2005_2006.pdf

You go to the Bath Travel website, click on the Palmair tab at the top of the page. This takes you to the Palmair section and then click on the Flight times and dates tab on the left hand side.

J-Guy
25th Apr 2005, 18:35
Rockhopper will reinstate daily flights between Jersey, Guernsey and Bournemouth as of June 6th. The flight from Jersey will operate via Guernsey on a once daily basis. Full article below:

http://www.rockhopper.aero/pr2005/pr210405.htm

phil_2405
25th Apr 2005, 18:51
Rockhopper will reinstate daily flights between Jersey, Guernsey and Bournemouth as of June 6th. The flight from Jersey will operate via Guernsey on a once daily basis.

More excellent news for Bournemouth, keep it coming! :D

BOH
26th Apr 2005, 14:13
Theres to be a few flights going out to Paphos in 06, any reason why there arent any going to larnaca?? Last time I went of a flight BOH - LCA it was full.

Also, a real long shot, but the flights being operated by Astreaus, any indication in the long run that Palmair will end up in them.

BOH

FLYboh
26th Apr 2005, 14:28
BOH. Who said there weren't any flights to Larnaca in 2006?

Unless you've heard otherwise everything operating summer 05 will be there in summer 06 a long with the new routes.

Can't see Libra scrapping Larnaca as its a real good seller for them.

BOH
26th Apr 2005, 14:54
Good Point FLYboh :p Im just suprised theyre adding multiple Paphos flights when theirs only one to LCA at the moment :confused:
Cheers

BOH

loveJet
26th Apr 2005, 16:28
Adding another Larnaca would dilute the market. Its better to offer a totally different destination within Cyprus. I think that Thomson and Thomas Cook will eventually agree to share a single flight to Paphos as 2 may be a little ambitious as well as the Larnaca.

MARKEYD
26th Apr 2005, 19:25
Its all looking really good for 2006 with a good aray of new routes being added which complement the existing ones and also its really good to see some new well established holiday company s giving Bournemouth a chance now to prove itself !

Paphos Euro Cypria Boeing 737 800 Tue 1045 1145
Palma Iberoworld Airbus A320 Sat 0920 1020
Faro Euro atlantic Boeing 737 300 Thu 1135 1235
Antalya Sun Express Boeing 737 800 Tue 0920 1020
Dalaman Sun express Boeing 737 800 Fri 1900 2000

Palma is shared by First Choice and Thomas Cook
Paphos is shared by Thomas Cook and Thomson

Obviously MyTravel , Thomson , Libra and Palmair still to advise on there actual flight schedules although heard rumour that MyTravel are to re introduce Las Palmas again . Thomson to also introduce Ibiza into next summer although this is more than likely to be operated by Thomsonfly scheduled service.

BA are operating the New York fly cruise in July using a Boeing 777 again fantastic !!

FLYboh
27th Apr 2005, 18:57
I believe that Thomson will announce their summer 06 schedules tomorrow. When do MyTravel announce their summer 06?

Great news on the above.

Will be interesting to see if Thomson will continue at SOU. Have First Choice and Thomas Cook continued with the summer 06 flights from SOU?

cptcoxie
27th Apr 2005, 21:57
There is not the passengers from the channel islands to serve BOH. As an employee for aurigny havin work with the bournemouth route from jersey i notice the decline in pasenger numbers the demand for bournemouth is not there with Flybe operating to southampton and exeter low cost from jersey.

Aurigny ceased services to bournemouth because it was making a loss. but rockhopper seem to follow aurigny on there routes and make the same mistake for example the dinard route out of jersey that lasted about 3 months!

FLYboh
28th Apr 2005, 08:43
cptcoxie,

I would beg to differ. It is true that the demand in the winter months is much lower than in the summer, but you can't really compare the low cost services by Flybe with the traditional fare structure of Aurigny. Passengers who would fly BOH to JER are attracted to SOU due to the ticket price.

If TOM were to bring in a loco service as you suggest in another thread, then loads would be healthy from BOH.

Rockhopper hasn't followed Aurigny into BOH. It's the other way around. Rockhopper started services in January 2002, Aurigny started in March 2004.

Rockhoppers Alderney route continues to grow from BOH and last year nearly carried 9,000 pax an increase of around 8%. Remember that Rockhopper are not a loco operation and only use maximum 15 seat trislanders on all routes.

It will be interesting to see who wins out on the Alderney - Southampton route when Rockhopper starts its services.

eurostar builder
28th Apr 2005, 10:08
Rockhopper was pushed out when Aurigny stepped in, now they have chance to take back over after Aurigny pulled the route to save money.

Only fair, hope rockhopper do get a Short 360 as mentioned somewhere before

eurostar builder
30th Apr 2005, 07:42
Went assed Bournemouth This week to see a Packed Ramp

outside the terminal
1 thomsonfly 757
1 thomsonfly 737
1 Ryanair 737
1 jet2 737

West Ramp
2x Emerald 748
1 Air Contrators f27
1 Titan 737
1 rockhopper bn3

Full......

Question is,

Why doesnt the freight aircraft that are parked up all day get moved onto the Disused runway or to build a new ramp just for Cargo to make more space.

BOH
30th Apr 2005, 16:30
Because they can obv all fit on the current ramps - just a thought! Why build more if you dont need it! I guess that if they needed the ramp space cleared then they would move the Frieghters away.

Quote from dft.gov.uk "The 12,000 sq. metre apron at Bournemouth Airport has only 6 stands, at present, which is seen as a major constraint to development, as it potentially only provides capacity for 1 mppa. The recent planning approval includes consents for apron expansion."

BOH
30th Apr 2005, 22:37
Out of interest, as over the next year the Passenger numbers are to increase at BOH, and so probably (and hopefully :) ) going to carry on increasing over the following years, are their any plans at all to replace the shed that makes up the terminal. Theres only so much they can expand the current one, and I dont see how they can increase much more such things as the number of baggage belts, last time I traveled through bournemouth I was suprised they fitted one in the space they had in Arrivals. Its long over due but are their any plans in the pipeline?

Cheers :D

BOH

BOH
1st May 2005, 18:34
Only me talking on this topic atm hehe Im pretty sure that a Jet2 was doing circuits today, saw it go over my house a few times quite low, and there seemed to be alot of aircraft noise allday even if I couldnt see them.

Cheers BOH

MARKEYD
3rd May 2005, 16:28
Unfortunatly some bad news regarding the Summer 2006 programme

First Choice and Thomas Cook have cancelled there programme of flights to the following

Dalaman Palma Paphos Faro Antalya

Seems really odd to pull the plug already at such an early stage not giving any chance to sell these holidays , although the planning actually starts a good 6 months before this so must have been a good reason .
Its still really early days though and its still possible some of these services could be reinstated

Good news however is My Travel are bringing back Las Palmas

Flights known to be operating with the big tour operators so far now are

Saturday Palma Futura Boeing 737 400 My Travel
Sunday Larnaca Euro Cypria Boeing 737 800 Libra
Monday Las Palmas Spanair A320 My Travel
Tuesday Pula Thomsonfly Boeing 737 300 Thomson
Wednesday Paphos Thomsonfly boeing 737 300 Thomson
Friday Tenerife Spanair A320 Thomson / My Travel

FLYboh
3rd May 2005, 17:04
Anyone got any news on Thomsonfly plans for growth at BOH?

eyeinthesky
3rd May 2005, 18:40

Rockhopper was pushed out when Aurigny stepped in, now they have chance to take back over after Aurigny pulled the route to save money.

Unquote

Not true. Aurigny started up the BOH-JER route well after Rockhopper had been running it to try to force Rockhopper out of business when they saw how successful Rockhopper were in competing with them on the Mainland-ACI route. That Aurigny decided to put a 35-seat aircraft on a route previously operated by a 15-seat one was pretty daft and bound to be expensive. Rockhopper were happy to sit back, develop their other inter-island routes and watch Aurigny lose yet more money in their vain hope of protecting their previous monopoly of the market. It's called business acumen, and something which seems a relatively new concept to some companies over there. If Aurigny is doing so well, how come no-one wanted to buy it from the States at the price demanded when they saw the books? One wonders whether, if Aurigny were not state-owned, they would still be in business.

Whatever, good news for Bournemouth. I too cannot understand why the freighters which generally fly at night have to spend all day parked on the Western Apron blocking it for daytime users. Perhaps as apron congestion increases the policy will be changed.

yeoman
4th May 2005, 10:13
Miles off thread I know but I need a little help? I'm trying to track down anyone who was involved with Air Wight and/or Elan Vannin Airlines.

Additionally, Zahra M who was in ATC.

Started my career at EVA and ZM is a friend from Devon before anyone has a conspiracy going!

Congrats to BOH on your recent success, it's come a long way. Thoroughly enjoyed bringing a 763 in a few months back for JFK flight next day, thanks to the young lady in ATC for helping us out with a little apprehension on the subject of lamp stands -v- wingtips! Excellent sense of humour.:E

MARKEYD
5th May 2005, 09:26
Thomas Cook and First Choice holidays having announced these new routes from Bournemouth for next summer 2006 actually havent contracted out the airlines or aircraft yet to operate them , hence the reason they have been withdrawn from sale at the moment !

Its possible they will be re allocated when edition 2 brochures are released and they have managed to find an operator !

eurostar builder
8th May 2005, 20:22
What is going on with some flights from Bournemouth.

Friday afternoon / evening flight was operated with a FlightLine 146 which then took passengers back to Gatwick with a Bus ride back to Bournemouth arriving at 05.15.

Sunday inbound flight has been cancelled from Palma and passenger arriving on a Doncaster flight at 01.45 insted of 23.20 then the plane continues to Doncaster.

Whats going on

yeoman
8th May 2005, 20:39
Is this Thomson Fly we are talking about? If so, late delivery of aircraft and being let down by pilot training providers.

Thanks to whoever passed my message to Zahra M. Now on touch. Thankyou again.

eurostar builder
9th May 2005, 04:56
It was Thomsonfly and you anwered the question

phil_2405
9th May 2005, 15:28
A Britannia Boeing 757 is due tonight to operate the Thomsonfly flights to AMS apparently. Positioning in from London/Gatwick.

phil_2405
9th May 2005, 18:29
Bournemouth-Amsterdam flight is operating from London/Gatwick now.

eurostar builder
9th May 2005, 18:41
Not Good

Starting to get a bad name

:{ :\ :suspect: :ooh:

Does anybody know what the First Choice 757 was doing at Bournemouth today.

phil_2405
9th May 2005, 21:20
Does anybody know what the First Choice 757 was doing at Bournemouth today.

Positioned in from London/Gatwick then operated out to Shannon with pax. Unsure of reason for flight.

Nakata77
10th May 2005, 08:20
The flight (FCA B757) was chartered for a private business trip to Shannon for a group of local business people. The EAC 732 was also operated on the private flight. Unaware of its return date.

phil_2405
10th May 2005, 20:23
Thomsonfly seem to have sorted whatever problems they were having out (for now), all flights operating ok today I believe.

Dutchie
12th May 2005, 19:38
What no happenings in BOH for 24 hours????

BOH
12th May 2005, 21:46
Well there were some happenings I think hehe! At about quarter past/half past 11 I saw three 737's go in one afta the otha, atleast I think they were 737's. I couldnt see the livery very well as i was looking into the sun!I think the first one might have been in an alliance kind of colourscheme, not sure at all tho, the second one looked like a Islandflug, and the 3rd was deff a Thomsonfly. The thomsonfly was the only scheduled service to come in at that point according to the arrivals board, Anyone Know What Aircraft They Were and Why They Were Heading Into BOH???

Cheers :p BOH

phil_2405
13th May 2005, 07:43
the second one looked like a Islandflug

I suspect that would be an aircraft operating for Jet2.com. Usually TF-ELA.

Groundloop
13th May 2005, 08:49
Drove past BOH at about 11.45 and there were 2 Thomsonfly, one Ryanair and one Jet2 at the terminal. You probably saw three of those going in.

Nakata77
13th May 2005, 14:41
Spanair A320, Ryanair B738, Thomsonfly 2xB737-300, Jet2 B737-400, Titan B737-300 all on the ramp today - seemed to be bursting at the seems. New apron, lighting and infrastructure is badly needed

LGS6753
13th May 2005, 16:32
5 737s and an A320. Wow, I bet there was a huge queue for the cash machine.:ok:

eurostar builder
13th May 2005, 17:45
Execpt for the A320 4 aircraft are on the Ramp every day around 12.00

Jet2 737 Ryanair 737 and 2 ThomsonFly 737.

Thats why It was mentioned about the Cargo being on the Ramp.

Get them moved.

Also anybody heard when thomsonfly will annouce the third based Aircraft.

FLYboh
19th May 2005, 14:13
Thomson Lakes & mountains have anounced some new routes for 2006 and BOH has gained 2.

'Regional flying has increased significantly with departures from Bournemouth and Doncaster-Sheffield airports to Salzburg (Austria) and Verona (Italy), '

This was taken from the TUI news section.

Austrian Getaways currently fly weekly to Salzburg and New Market has announced a weekly Verona flight next summer, so maybe Thomson will use these flights.

Can anyone confirm?:ok:

phil_2405
19th May 2005, 14:35
Perhaps these will be new Thomsonfly.com destinations? Especially as these flights are from BOH and DSA (both Tfly bases).I think Salzburg is a winter Tfly destination from Coventry.

Findo
20th May 2005, 09:55
Went through this week on RYR. I just didn't believe it ,,,, the cash machine was out of order. I mean it was like Blackpool without the Tower. What are things coming to ?:ok:

eurostar builder
20th May 2005, 17:52
But now theres a coffee machine and vending machine in the New Arrivals hall

Jet2 arrived this week from Belfast with 18 passengers on board.

When are they starting a Manchester Flight.

phil_2405
20th May 2005, 18:16
Jet2 arrived this week from Belfast with 18 passengers on board.

I think Jet2 will pull off BOH-BFS this winter, it just hasnt been a success (so far anyway). Not sure if they would bother replacing it with anything e.g. Manchester.

LBA
20th May 2005, 18:19
18 Pax! That is apalling!

I actually thought the route would work, most UK-BFS routes do, and with the sucess of Thomsonfly and Ryanair there, I am surprised by this.

I suppose Jet2 can go two ways about this route - scrap it or up the frequency to two daily to try and attract more day trippers.

At least they stopped taking bookings for BFS-ORK, that was a dreadful choice for an airline with 737s.

Get me some traffic
20th May 2005, 21:34
What about a service to MME?

FLYboh
21st May 2005, 12:44
Jet2 should have introduced EDI. Most people I speak to down here aren't that interested in N. Ireland. Don't understand why as its really beautiful and has some great places to visit.

Good news from Thomson Holidays this week as they are introducing new winter charters from BOH to:

Las Palmas, Alicante X 2, Arrecife, Malaga X2, Algarve & continuing with Tenerife.

All flights will be by a BOH based TOM aircraft. So I would hazard a guess that TOM will launch an Alicante service from BOH this winter season. I wonder if this will replace the Valencia service that appears to be a little slow at the moment.

eurostar builder
21st May 2005, 15:30
When is the third based aircraft due to arrive to operate another two new routes.

phil_2405
21st May 2005, 15:54
Jet2 should have introduced EDI

I agree, surely more appeal to leisure travellers than Belfast?

airhumberside
21st May 2005, 17:25
The reason it was BFS not EDI they operate to was that they had an aircraft spare at BFS and not EDI

BombardierCR7
21st May 2005, 19:28
not really true, airhumberside.

BFS - BOH was chosen as LS had a spare W on their BFS aircraft. TBI identified the south coast as being the last major UK region not served from BFS with what they saw at the time as an unserved market. It was either SOU or BOH that would get the business. MAplc gave the best deal, LS took that opportunity.

There was no strategic decision by LS to serve BOH from BFS (along with ORK). It seemed a good idea at the time, cost/market wise. EDI - BOH was never in the equation at that time, although an EDI - south coast UK route is currently now being evaluated (along with others from EDI in the spare "W" avaliable with the EDI based aircraft from the beginning of Aug).

Gaza
22nd May 2005, 17:16
EDI - BOH was never in the equation at that time, although an EDI - south coast UK route is currently now being evaluated (along with others from EDI in the spare "W" avaliable with the EDI based aircraft from the beginning of Aug).

That is good news. SOU would make no sense at all as a single daily rotation would struggle to compete with the multiple rotations from BA and BE.

Nakata77
23rd May 2005, 13:46
the reason why ryanair at BOH works is cos the B738 undercuts flybe by a whopping margin so Glasgow and Dublin work well compared to SOU. Barcelona is obviously successful as it has the market to its-self.

Jet2 cannot undercut flybe Q400 on BHD, and so withi similar fares but flybe's superior frequency they will hoover up the market share on Belfast-South Coast. No chice but to reduce frequency to a similar level as seen on MME-BFS.

As for Thomsonfly, they can undercut Flybe 146's easily and offer superior comfort/performance. Certainly better option on AMS and CDG too.

Bournemouth to Edinburgh should do well as long as the fares undercut SOU by a significant enough margin. However on route like this Ryanair would probably be the better operator....

FLYboh
23rd May 2005, 13:59
Flybe certainly know how to hold their share of the market. Ryanair have lost ground to Flybe on the Glasgow route with passenger numbers on the PIK-BOH route dropping since the launch of the daily SOU-GLA last September. I think this is why the Jet2 Belfast route hasn't worked out.

Having said that the stats for April on the CAA site indicate Flybe loosing ground to Thomsonfly on the Malaga route, but we will have to wait a few more months to see how this pans out.

BOH
23rd May 2005, 21:23
Any news as of yet on the rumour of Ryanair bringing back Hahn and also starting out to Milan?

Nakata77
24th May 2005, 07:53
... and where did that rumour come from?

BOH
24th May 2005, 09:36
Quoting flyBOH

Ryanair:

Possible re introduction of Hahn & new to Bergamo

Was in the first post of this topic!I know it was a while back now though.

phil_2405
25th May 2005, 19:27
Thomsonfly passenger figures seem to be rising now, many flights have been over the 100 pax mark in the last week or so.

Surely one the 2 extra B733's that Thomsonfly are expecting this autumn must be on its way to Bournemouth?

eurostar builder
26th May 2005, 19:18
Heard the third plane to arrive on the third quater of the year.

BOH
26th May 2005, 20:20
Im Suprised Thomsonfly is gona try and expand their operation as it goes onto winter, hope its not a bad decision :uhoh:

phil_2405
26th May 2005, 20:57
Yea I think it would def be better to expand going into a busy summer season but I think it could work adding a 3rd aircraft during the winter season. As long as their choose the right destinations, advertise it well and offer good prices.:ok:

FLYboh
27th May 2005, 11:10
Thomson holidays are using a TOM aircraft to operate their winter schedule to the Canaries three days of the week, whilst also using the TOM loco flights to their other destinations. So if a 3rd craft comes to BOH this winter it wouldn't be adding 3 extra flights every day.

I have a feeling that Alicante will be a new loco destination as Thomson holidays will be offering Alicante twice a week using TOM this winter.

We wont have to wait long to find out whats going on as I believe they announce their winter schedule in early July. :ok:

BOH
27th May 2005, 16:50
Was There A Thomsonfly 757 opperating any TOM flights today for any reason?I saw one overhead at just before 3pm heading in?Or was it a charter :confused:

phil_2405
27th May 2005, 19:07
I believe a Boeing 757 was used for one of the early morning flights today, not sure which flight though. (G-BYAW I think)

BOH
27th May 2005, 21:35
Quote from Airliners.net - apparently in a topic on here but I couldnt find it

Bournemouth base with 3 B737-800's

Nimes NEW!
Biarittz NEW!
Milan NEW!
Rome NEW!
Murcia NEW!
Stockholm NEW!
Oslo NEW!
Glasgow Prestwick
Dublin
Barcelona Girona
Bergerac NEW!

What do you reckon is the likelyhood of this?Would be great - but I cant see half the routes working!Where would the demand for Nimes and Biarittz come from?I cant see it!Oh Well Fingers Crossed hey guys... :ok:

Cheers BOH

p.s. I found it, Nakata77 wrote it! Out of Interest how come u said it was "No Joke" N77?

TightSlot
27th May 2005, 21:42
G-BYAW operated to PMI and back before positioning to CVT for p.m. BCN service.

I was on it so I thought I'd better do the same thing.

Now knackered (me, not Alpha Whiskey)

G'nite

eurostar builder
28th May 2005, 04:58
G-THOE 737 diverted to Gatwick the evening before due to bad weather at Bournemouth , so the 757 flew down and replaced the first two flights.

Good news for those flights , when can we book, i say

Also its nice to see the 757 on approach looks big.

BOH
29th May 2005, 08:00
Yeh :) Its Always better than the standard 737 on approach like were used to!Does anyone know what time of day that BA 777 charter is meant to arrive in july...would love to catch that on approach!

MARKEYD
30th May 2005, 15:42
Regarding some of the rumours about Ryanair basing several aircraft at Bournemouth and operating to some rather obscure places i for one hope they dont base anything at BOURNEMOUTH at the moment !

We have just seen THOMSONFLY base 2 737 aircraft and start operating to 7 destinations . This airline needs time to expand slowly. With demand already been proven after only 3 months a 3 rd aircraft is hopefully on its way and more destinations announced soon to places that people want to go to
Only have to look at Ryanair s suggested routes from BOH and it wont work .
I think JET 2 have found this out to there cost with the Belfast route , hopefully that will change and a Manchester or Edinburgh route will be introduced instead

Its controlled growth that is needed and Thomsonfly look to be just the sort of airline to do it . Ryanair would have done this a long time ago at Bournemouth had they thought it would work the fact we only have 3 routes operated by them rather proves this . Also a 737 800 with 189 seats is much harder to fill than a 148 seater , which is much better for Bournemouth s market

Ryanair have been a lifeline to Bournemouth for many years as has Palmair and Bath Travel but hopefully Thomsonfly with the backing of Thomson holidays will continue to do this and work with the airport

Only have to look at next summer and some of the new destinations we have its going to be a busy one

What we need now is a new terminal which hopefully wont be to long in the making

eurostar builder
31st May 2005, 19:33
Does anybody know what the passengers figures have to be before the terminal is to be built.

I know it has been quoted but cannot remember, was there any date it would be considered.

Also has anybody seen the Car Park At Bournemouth both car parks are almost bursting with using the rear field as a overflow.
Very good for business.

BOH
31st May 2005, 22:32
eurostarbuilder,

"The terminal at Bournemouth Airport is currently 4,600 sq. m, with expansion to 8,400 sq. m. in the pipeline. The expansion is envisaged to cater for up to 1.25 mppa. The capacity of the current facilities is estimated to be of around 0.5 mppa."

Taken from DFT, hope it helps!!

What do people reckon on the intruder at the airport, story published in the Echo on Saturday. Is the airport security sufficient?The fence around the B3073 surely isnt high enough and secure enough for an Airport!

BOH

phil_2405
1st Jun 2005, 08:43
I think I read/heard somewhere that the airport is planning to start a feasability plan for a new terminal/terminal extension in July 2005.

tribekey
1st Jun 2005, 12:27
Security around regional airports is a difficult subject. Let's face it anyone can climb over a four or five foot fence,it's the reaction to that happening which is important.There have been several instances of people wandering on to the airfield,kids on bikes,people taking 'short cuts' etc.They are seen,stopped etc,is that a problem? The press as usual over dramatises incidents.Yes somebody was on the airfield but they were challenged etc. The incident also took place on a private apron,nowhere near the main terminal. Even if you put a ten foot electrified fence around an airport that doesn't stop anyone who's determined to do damage etc.

Nakata77
1st Jun 2005, 16:19
er yes it does tribekey

when was the last time you heard of someone cycling to an aircraft at Heathrow? Or taking a short cut across a live runway there?

Not only would people kick off about saftey of aircraft (suicide attempts for example) but it also HIGHLIGHTS the ease of entering an airport from a terrorist point of view.

A kid could throw a stone at a B737 at BOH taxiing down the southern taxiway. u think its best to wait for something like that to happen before action is taken?

eurostar builder
1st Jun 2005, 19:32
Road Junction

There was a Major accident at The Airport entarance a couple of weeks ago late at night.

Is there any consideration of putting traffic lights or a Mini roundabout before someone dies.

exrotarybooty
2nd Jun 2005, 11:28
eurostar builder

It certainly needs sorting out as my wife works at the airport, Dart Group, and it takes ages to leave and turn right (or even left), due to the traffic; especially during the summer months. A mini round-a-bout wouldn't help as the priority would still be for the main road traffic from the right.
There was a proposal tied in with the new terminal to have a road that went direct to the Spur Road, and that would solve the problem, but it's big bucks.

It doesn't help when the main road traffic is spending it's time gazing at aircraft, and not the road ahead!

ERB

tribekey
2nd Jun 2005, 15:40
Nakata ; you are right - it does matter if something like throwing a stone over the fence or similar happens- i agree 100% . Point is whatever security is in place if someone is determined to do damage they can. For example,put a ten foot fence in,sure you'll keep out people but it doesn't stop the example you gave,you can still throw stuff,climb it etc. Obviously a higher fence is better.I believe the cost of doing this at Bournemouth is over one million,are they going to spend that? No,not until forced by law or an incident.
Pick any regional airort and you'll find low fences and ungaurded perimeters. The best we can hope for in those circumstances is a good security response should anything happen.
As for the guy cycling to the aircraft- it's effectively free and open access to many parts of the northern side of the airfield, there are numerous ways to walk,cycle etc onto the various aprons over there.

A higher , solid fence would also stop the ridiculous amounts of road accidents that occur as drivers watch the aircraft instead of the road. There are plans,i understand, to put traffic lights at the junction where the airport entrance is.

exrotarybooty
2nd Jun 2005, 16:50
I reckon the problem with traffic lights on the exit/entrance junction is that the Christchurch to Parley Cross bound traffic would soon back up to the Hurn roundabout, and cause chaos.

Perhaps an interim answer is to extend the 30 MPH limit, (which currently ends just after the Hurn Roundabout when Parley bound), to the Golf Driving Range junction; where there was a horrendous accident not too long ago. The speed limit past the airport exit/entrance is 60MPH at the moment, which makes getting out across two lines of traffic exciting to say the least.

ERB

Nakata77
3rd Jun 2005, 09:37
once bournemouth was majority GA

now majority passengers

Therefore - safety must be priority even before a new terminal.

Safety too in the car-parks. There are overflows in use at the moment that aren't even illuminated or fitted with drainage systems. I would refuse to pay full price to park on sodden grass with NO security or lighting.

If my mother or girlfriend was flying home alone and had to collect her car I would be MAD if i knew she had to walk through a wet field hidden under trees to get to her car after dark

FLYboh
4th Jun 2005, 09:34
Anyone heard any news/rumours re Thomsonflys winter schedules and the possible basing of a 3rd craft?

Next summer a TOM based 737 will operate these 4 charter flights:

TUE = Pula
WED = Paphos & Verona (both new)
SAT = Salzburg (new)

phil_2405
4th Jun 2005, 15:12
All Thomsonfly flights (both charter and scheduled) will operate under the TOM callsign and flight code from May 2006. Making it quite hard to tell which flights are scheduled and which are charter.

Don't the Thomsonfly BOH-Pula flights already operate with TOM flight codes although its a charter service?

Will the Bournemouth charter flights be booking through Thomsonfly.com with the rest of the scheduled flights?

FLYboh
4th Jun 2005, 17:09
The Pula flight is the only charter operated by TOM for Thomsons this summer. No loco seats are offered on this weekly service.

Thomsons use TOM flights to Malaga, Palma, Faro and Pisa to carry charter passengers into the resort areas.

FLYboh
6th Jun 2005, 18:23
Thomson Holidays have added another weekly Tenerife service for this winter period. A second flight every tuesday which means they will be going head to head with Palmair on both the tuesday and friday flights. I hope they aren't diluting the market too much.

Its great to see Thomsons come back in such a big way at BOH.

Just hope they fill all their seats on all routes to ensure continued growth for them and BOH.

phil_2405
6th Jun 2005, 18:27
Is this Tenerife flight operated by Thomsonfly?

FLYboh
6th Jun 2005, 18:31
I think both are as the flight times show flight originating from BOH

Tue depart 07.00 arrive 16.05

Fri depart 14.15 arrive 23.20

LGWAlan
7th Jun 2005, 12:01
Tue BOH-TFS 0700-1115/1200-1605 TOM741/2
Fri BOH-TFS 1415-1830/1915-2320 TOM743/4 - no inflight meals

Indicates to me that the Tuesday might be a full charter operated by TOM while we may see a TOM scheduled service to TFS over the winter as the Tuesday service makes no mention of no in-flight meals

FLYboh
11th Jun 2005, 16:25
New Market holidays have extended their flights to Barcelona from just 1 flight originally planned for April this year to weekly flights in Oct/Nov 05 and Feb - Mar 06.

Maybe TOM should introduce a 4x weekly service to Barcelona every thur,fri, sun & mon. This may only have a slight impact on the FR Girona service. New Market already use TOM flights to Amsterdam and Paris so they could just use the TOM flights instead of having to organise a charter operator.

Nakata77
13th Jun 2005, 10:51
Newmarket use the Ryanair Barcelona Girona route for their Barcelona departures. There are no charters arranged for the route. They take allocations of between 40-50 seats per week. Thomsonfly wouldn't want to do Barcelona alongside Ryanair when there are so many other routes not operated by anyone still!

FLYboh
13th Jun 2005, 14:00
The advert said ' return flights to Barcelona' so I presumed that they would mean Barcelona and not Girona. Anyway I guess its good for the Ryanair loads.

I know that Spanish Getaways use Ryanair for their holidays to the Costa Brava.

phil_2405
13th Jun 2005, 14:51
With Jet2.com slowly releasing their Winter 05/06 flights now, will we see the BOH-BFS this winter?? :confused:

Nakata77
14th Jun 2005, 10:06
i doubt it.

loads have been diabolical. very rarely do the numbers go above 90 on any flight.

maybe the decrease in frequency will help...

it would be more wise for Jet2 to replace it with Edinburgh or Spain and show thier commitment to the airport still... good for PR

phil_2405
14th Jun 2005, 11:17
Yea maybe going down to 4 times a week will make the route more viable. I hope Jet2 don't withdraw from the airport completely..stlll plenty of routes to exploit from Bournemouth.

FLYboh
14th Jun 2005, 14:10
Thomsonfly's website has a banner saying 'new winter routes coming soon' So it wont be long till we know whats happing for the winter schedules.:ok:

phil_2405
14th Jun 2005, 19:46
Does anyone know for sure or with some certainty what we can expect from Thomsonfly this winter at Bournemouth?

Do you think there is any chance of sister TUI carrier, Hapag Lloyd Express, launching services to Bournemouth from Cologne/Bonn for example, similar to their operations into Coventry?

Nakata77
15th Jun 2005, 07:43
not before summer 2006...

winter destinations mooted to be TFS, ALC, SZG, GVA as well as other existing routes in network

phil_2405
15th Jun 2005, 15:58
All Jet2.com flights from Belfast are for sale now, apart from Bournemouth :confused:

with alacrity
15th Jun 2005, 17:10
Just checked the website and flights between Belfast and Bournemouth are still bookable until the end of October albeit on a reduced frequency.

Leodis
15th Jun 2005, 17:28
I know PM has considered a Leeds - Bournemouth and that is within the last three months so there is still hope for a Leeds link up with the south coast.:cool:

LBA
15th Jun 2005, 17:34
Havent we already got enough links to the south coast!

Two airlines serving Southampton, one about to start Exeter, one serving Newquay and offering connections to Plymouth.

Leodis
15th Jun 2005, 17:51
Oh ok then, South - SouthEast!!

:ouch:

phil_2405
15th Jun 2005, 18:48
Just checked the website and flights between Belfast and Bournemouth are still bookable until the end of October albeit on a reduced frequency.

Sorry, I meant Winter 05/06 flights.

phil_2405
22nd Jun 2005, 20:32
Got an email from Thomsonfly today saying winter seats would become available to book from the 30th June...not long to go now

BOH
23rd Jun 2005, 21:05
Does anyone know why a FRA Falcon 20 flew over Corfe Mullen coming from the airport direction today at about 11am very low?

Get me some traffic
23rd Jun 2005, 22:54
What about Bournemouth Teesside (sorry Durham Tees Valley)? Surely a couple of 30/40 seat rotations a day would go? Sunny south coast and FRA and all that?

FLYboh
24th Jun 2005, 13:23
The FRA falcons fly almost daily from BOH. Normally 3 fly in formation back to the airport quite low over the town during the late afternoon. As far as I know they are often used as dummy missles for the Royal Navy to practice on and the Government uses them to keep tabs on the fishing vessels.

Nakata77
24th Jun 2005, 15:00
if BOH-BFS aint working too well then BOH-MME will never work!

onion
24th Jun 2005, 17:51
Nakata77 I would suggest the reason why the BOH-BFS is not working is the same as the MME-BFS. The fact that it is once a day, and from what I hear being reduced. Routes like this that are really there for business links should be twice a day minimum. Who knows maybe a twice a day MME-BOH with a sensible sized aircraft (maybe J41 or a 328) would work. Fact is that MME has no link to the south coast although a Gatwick is starting and BOH has no link to the North East. Don't dismiss routes just out of hand. Who would of thought Bournemouth would have a Pisa! (I think it done 5 times a week as well!). If I had told you that 5 years ago you would of called the men in white jackets to take me away.

LBA
24th Jun 2005, 17:59
You say that MME has no link to the south coast apart from LGW, dont forget that Newquay has just started.

Would a LBA-BOH route work do you think?

Or do we already have that to well covered with our new flights to Newquay, Southampton (With FlyBe) and Exeter as well as connections to Plymouth?

onion
24th Jun 2005, 18:12
Regarding Newquay it is not really on the south coast but the south west, like MME is in the north east and Norwich is in the east.
LBA Leeds would work probably, but let MME in there first you've got enough already:O

eurostar builder
28th Jun 2005, 06:10
Just a note

At Bournemouth they have closed the road off to the Museum as they are using the overflow car cark next to the long term aircraft park now.

Good news

Hoping for some good news for thomsponfly routes. Will hold off buying flight today and wait what thomsonfly will come up with.

phil_2405
30th Jun 2005, 11:48
There is a new map on homepage of Thomsonfly.com showing new routes from Bournemouth to:

Alicante
Tenerife
Lyon
Salzburg

FLYboh
30th Jun 2005, 11:55
flights are now bookable but you have to search for a summer flight first then click search again tab.

Paris has switched CDG to Orly and gained an extra flight.

Amsterdam has also gained an extra weekly flight now daily

Alicante is new and daily

Malaga daily

Faro drops to 4 x weekly

Tenerife is new and 2 x weekly

Salzburg is 3 x weekly

Lyon is 5 x weekly

Palma, Valencia and Pisa are not in the system. Don't know if Valencia will return now that there are flights to Alicante and Pisa might not return till next summer.

More info when I get it

phil_2405
30th Jun 2005, 12:11
Is this a 3 aircraft base then? Surprised to see Paris switch to Orly...didnt expect that.

FLYboh
30th Jun 2005, 12:25
From what I can make out TOM can still operate the schedule with 2 aircraft. There are 6 rotations a day, 3 per aircraft.

If there are any more flights then they will have to bring in a 3rd craft. Shocked that Palma hasn't appeared yet as this is the joint best route from BOH along with Malaga. Would of thought they would have at least operated 4x weekly there this winter.

phil_2405
30th Jun 2005, 12:43
The following services will not be featuring in our Winter flying programme. Services to these destinations will end on:

From Bournemouth:

Paris Charles de Gaulle - 29th October 2005
Palma - 29th October 2005
Pisa - 29th October 2005
Valencia - 29th October 2005

FLYboh
30th Jun 2005, 13:13
I think that TOM are making a mistake by not continuing some form of schedule to Palma. In fact I feel that maybe they're holding something back. They have 2 737's coming into the fleet in the next few months with others later on according to Jethros site, so maybe Palma and a couple of other routes may appear over the next few weeks.

Just noticed that you can't book any Palma flights with Thomsonfly from the 3 bases. Is this normal for their winter schedule?

eurostar builder
30th Jun 2005, 21:12
Does this mean thomsofly change to ORLY instead of CDG.

Also Lyon and Salzburg, are these winter flights or tagged along with charter flights.

Also on Thomsonfly site BOH-TENerife

FLYboh
1st Jul 2005, 13:12
TOM will operate to Orly instead of CDG from the end of October. Orly is closer to Paris so may attract more passengers?

Lyon and Salzburg are operating through the winter from BOH as loco destinations. The saturday Lyon flight will also carry ski charter passengers.

Tenerife is operated tuesday and friday and will carry both charter and loco scheduled passengers.

Really surprised that TOM are not operating to Palma from any of the 3 bases. But it will return next spring so its not too bad.

eurostar builder
6th Jul 2005, 07:32
CDG was very easy by train to the centre taking around 30 mins.

The question how easy is it to get to Disney Land from Orly as most of my flight where going there this week.

............................................................ ..........................

The car parks are ful,theyl even closed the road to the museum to use the car park. Heard rumour that the airport looking to buy next field to main car park for parking.

Just need to start building the new term and not to waste any more money on tarting up.

FLYboh
6th Jul 2005, 15:03
This was taken from the Irish Independent, could the southern airport be BOH? as they already fly to LGW.

'Separately, Ryanair is also increasing capacity at Shannon, Cork, Knock and Derry airports. Tomorrow, the airline will announce plans to add two new routes out of Shannon: one is expected to be to a location in western France, the other to southern England'.

eurostar builder
7th Jul 2005, 09:12
Thomas Cook comes to Bournemouth

FIERCE competition amongst airlines at Bournemouth Airport will leave passengers spoilt for choice, it has been predicted.

High-profile travel company Thomas Cook is the latest contender to enter the ring, switching its business from Southampton in a bid to take advantage of soaring customer demand at Bournemouth.

The decision means that, for the first time, every one of the big four travel companies - Airtours, Thomson, Thomas Cook and First Choice - will be flying from Bournemouth.

Airport officials are delighted with the decision and say customers can only benefit from the airport's current boom.

And David Skillicorn, managing director of Bournemouth-based Palmair, has confirmed they will also be extending their flight programme and are confident they can handle the increased competition.

Thomas Cook will begin flying to Majorca, Cyprus and Turkey from next summer, providing customers travelling to Spain with the choice of using them, Thomson Fly, Thomson Holidays, First Choice or Palmair.

A spokesperson for the company, which won't be using its own liveried planes, said: "Bookings show that these areas in particular have really soared in popularity on the South Coast and seats from Bournemouth are already being snapped up.

"Adding these additional flights from Bournemouth during the summer months means we have opened up accessibility to many more passengers for summer 2006."

But Mr Skillicorn warned there was only a limited catchment area of potential passengers.

"Operators succeed or fall by the wayside here based on their reputations," he said. "We've had some very high-profile failures here.

"Competition is a great thing and I welcome it but the acid test will be whether these other airlines are still here in a few years.

"It's an archetypal David and Goliath situation - we've been throwing our small stones for years now and have got no intention of stopping."

Sally Windsor, marketing manager at Bournemouth International Airport, said the arrival of Thomson Fly had prompted other operators like Thomas Cook to sit up and take notice.

"Success breeds success and we're delighted to welcome Thomas Cook to Bournemouth," she said. "There's no doubt we're currently going through a very successful phase."

First published: July 6, 2005

Trislander
10th Jul 2005, 11:17
The reason why PMI is being dropped is because it is a summer destination, it does get chilly there in the winter too! Being a relatively small island, the only likely business you'd get in the winter period is from the ex-pats of which I doubt there are enough to fill an entire aircraft going to Bournemouth every week let alone 4 times a week.

When it starts getting hot again people will want to travel there on holiday again and so the flights will recommence.

Nakata77
11th Jul 2005, 10:53
great route analysis trislander. seriously, I suppose you're right but seeing as Palmair arn't running their long established Palma winter flight believing Thomsonfly would continue the service - meaning the airport is without a Palma winter flight.

new 500 space car park being constructed today at the airport to end use of the overflow... great to see success being actualised in construction work. hopefully the next major development will be the construction of a decent terminal area.

MARKEYD
11th Jul 2005, 12:50
Palmair are actually operating to Palma this winter albeit on a much smaller scale than of previous years
The flights operate on a Sat Wed or Fri with Palma being operated in the am and a Faro rotation in the pm , about 15 flights on sale this winter
The services to Alicante and Malaga are not operating this winter though

Good to finally see the car park expanded although with next summers inreased flights its going to have to be ongoing i would have thought
The terminal especially the portacabin departure lounge needs to be sorted out quickly as well

Still its all good news for BOH , we have waited a long time for such expansion and it invariabley comes with these sorts of problems !

Role on the new terminal !!

phil_2405
13th Jul 2005, 12:18
The Jet2.com Belfast loads seem to be improving, will Jet2 have faith in it for the winter??

Nakata77
13th Jul 2005, 14:24
loads on the daily BFS have improved to around 65% which is encouraging. Whether they keep the service running through the winter remains to be seen. Personally I don't think so. The route is useless at 4 weekly (from September 1st) against Flybe's 3 daily at Southampton.

phil_2405
13th Jul 2005, 14:55
Yea I fear Bournemouth will lose its Belfast link come wintertime. Encouraging to see the route performing better though, where did you get the 65% figure from? The route seems to be performing better for inbound traffic rather than outbound.

BOH
17th Jul 2005, 21:37
Does Anybody know of any special movements happening at Hurn this week between Mon and Fri as im on Work Experience with the ATC all week?

FLYboh
23rd Jul 2005, 11:08
Now that it looks really unlikely that Jet2 will continue with the Belfast route.

Does anyone think that AirSouthwest may reconsider their twice daily Bournemouth/Belfast service as there is definately demand for around 80/90 pax per day. If they offered an early morning and late evening run then they would target a larger pax group than the present Jet2 service.

Anyone got any news re the 3rd TOM aircraft. Have heard mumblings about its still coming in October, but surely this would have been announced by now.