PDA

View Full Version : BOURNEMOUTH

Pages : 1 [2]

eurostar builder
25th Jul 2005, 18:53
How stupid

Secucicor (security) going on work to rule.

Now the has goto be the worst idea out with the recent problems.

Think I might reschedule my flights now.

MARKEYD
26th Jul 2005, 15:12
Have heard on good authority that all of JET 2 winter programme is up and running and that the Bournemouth route is not being operated this winter , real shame as loads are building up but not enough obviously .
A tall order to fill a 737 each day to Belfast in the winter

For those interested this is the Thomsonfly operation for the winter season

Mon 1) BOH FAO BOH LYS BOH AMS BOH

2) BOH ORY BOH ALC BOH AGP BOH

Tue 1) BOH ORY BOH ALC BOH AGP BOH

2) BOH TFS BOH AMS BOH

Wed 1) BOH ACE FAO BOH AMS BOH

2) BOH ALC BOH AGP BOH

Thu 1) BOH LYS BOH FAO BOH AMS BOH

2) BOH ORY BOH SZG BOH AGP BOH

Fri 1) BOH LYS BOH AMS BOH TFS BOH

2) BOH ORY BOH ALC BOH AGP BOH

Sat 1) BOH ORY BOH ALC BOH AGP BOH

2) BOH LYS BOH SZG BOH (Poss another LYS rotation)

Sun 1) BOH LYS BOH SZG BOH AMS BOH

2) BOH ALC BOH ORY BOH AGP BOH

eurostar builder
1st Aug 2005, 21:17
What is the start date of Easy jet flights to Switzerland.

Nakata77
2nd Aug 2005, 08:49
15th December. flights go on sale this week

Nakata77
2nd Aug 2005, 10:46
announcment is on the website now... easyJet starting 15th December from Bournemouth to Geneva with A319. Flights will be daily.

jabird
2nd Aug 2005, 11:20
Nakata, what version of the EZ site are you looking at - I can't see any mention of BOH.

The Greaser
2nd Aug 2005, 11:36
Its on the internal easyJet intranet. Sure it will be soon put on easyjet.com

Nakata77
2nd Aug 2005, 11:57
i meant the Bournemouth Airport website (www.bournemouthairport.co.uk)
easyJet will place it on their site by early afternoon...

phil_2405
2nd Aug 2005, 12:02
Great news for Bournemouth :ok: Shame its not a year round service

Nakata77
2nd Aug 2005, 12:08
if the demand is there it will be... it is the start of Bournemouth becoming a major alternative to Southampton and Gatwick which are becoming blocked up and need to spend mega millions to expand. Bournemouth will never need to spend maga millions so will always be cheaper to land at. Therefore securing the best low-cost routes.

phil_2405
2nd Aug 2005, 12:12
Cool, everyone get booking from Thursday then :ok: Here's hoping for a few more routes:p

jabird
2nd Aug 2005, 13:09
The news is live, but not for booking or on the maps yet - presumably that will be activated by Thursday?

Also GVA to STN and LTN to BRE confirmed.

Nakata77
2nd Aug 2005, 13:28
hai so desu, jabird

eurostar builder
2nd Aug 2005, 20:42
EasySwiss 319s

EZS 901 GVA-BOH 10:25-11:00
EZS 902 BOH-GVA 11:30-14:05

Shame they never started this 4 years ago they would have stolen the show ages ago.

Nakata77
3rd Aug 2005, 12:15
right now 3 BA Airbus, 3 easyJet Airbus and 1 First Choice A320 diverted in from LGW due to a ground incident on the main runway. more expected.

phil_2405
3rd Aug 2005, 13:17
You can book BOH-GVA now on easyJet.com. :ok: The maps have yet to be updated though.

eurostar builder
8th Aug 2005, 11:02
Noted the new car park is well underway and sections have already been opened and filling up already.

eurostar builder
10th Aug 2005, 06:42
Mail flights

I believe thet the mail planes are changing to different types to Atr42s.

Any ideas whos planes and when.

There was a Aurigny Atr 72 and Short 360 there this morning early.

Nakata77
10th Aug 2005, 08:43
Transaero B747-200 parked at BASCO today (10th Aug) don't know why exactly. Did they purchase the aircraft from EAC? Or is it in for light maintenance?

phil_2405
10th Aug 2005, 09:42
The Transaero B742 is an ex-Virgin Atlantic aircraft.

FLYboh
10th Aug 2005, 15:27
Taken from local Echo website.

HITTING NEW HEIGHTS AS 90,000-PLUS USE AIRPORT
by Roan Fair

BOURNEMOUTH Airport is celebrating after clocking up record numbers of passengers last month.

In total, 90,246 passengers used the airport in July - the first time the airport has ever handled that many in a month.

"Load factors were healthy and above expectations - passenger throughput increased by 86 per cent over July 2004 with the existing terminal coping well," said an airport spokesman.

The increase came despite falls in the number of passengers using charter and private planes.

The figures break down as:

scheduled flights, 74,954 passengers - up 157.2 per cent on 2004;

charter flights- 15,127 passengers, down 21 per cent;

private - 165 passengers, down 11 per cent.

Last week Easyjet became the latest low cost carrier to announce that it would be flying from Bournemouth Airport. Its flights to and from Geneva will operate from December 15 to April 14, providing access to ski resorts including Chamonix, Courmayeur and Morzine.

The airline expects to carry more than 35,000 passengers over the ski season on a 156-seat Airbus A319.

Ryanair, Thomsonfly and Jet2 already fly from the airport. Jet2 and Thomsonfly both recorded their busiest months so far in July.

"Thomsonfly is seeing a large number of inbound passengers, particularly from Amsterdam," said the airport spokesman. "In-bound from Paris is also surpassing expectations and really shows that Bournemouth is a truly international airport."

Bournemouth Airport's business development manager, Luke Lovegrove, is leaving.

"Now that Bournemouth is starting to achieve consistent growth and is set to hit 1.25 million passengers next year, I want to move on to the next challenge," he said.

eurostar builder
10th Aug 2005, 17:23
Any truth here.....Hope so come and join the party...

Sources have hinted that Flybe will move some flights to Hurn in 2007 when Southampton congestion is apparent.

............................................................ .........................................

Heard that European was helping with maintenence for the 747

BOH
15th Aug 2005, 17:14
So if all goes well with the easyJet Geneva flights where do you reckon their next destination would be to?I reckon somewhere in Germany!Hopefully this will cause some competition between Ryanair, easyJet and Thomsonfly now for expansion!

BOHEuropean
16th Aug 2005, 15:23
Hey,

The 747 has now departed (15th August) after maintence with European.

eurostar builder
17th Aug 2005, 18:29
Can somebody tell me why Nobody will do a Flight between
Bournemouth and Manchester.

This route really has to be a must ,so many people
I have spoke to would fly on it. It would save me hours every week on a Monday and Friday.

When Eurodirect Did this flight it was full every time, many passenger arrived early morning then did ther business and flew back later. At present we have to drive or pay BA prices from southampton (still cheaper by car even with rising fuel costs.)

So many rumours in the past _Southwest and Jet2 - Surley somebody would take it on.

If any airlines are reading this, take note and thanks for reading.

northernboyo
17th Aug 2005, 18:53
Use Flybe from Southampton to Manchester if you don't like BA prices!!!???

Trislander
17th Aug 2005, 21:41
Eurostar,

I must say I haven't heard any rumours about flybe at EGHH in the company. Have you seen EGHI's expansion plans for the next 20 years? new stands, runway starter extension and improved facilities by 2010 with a 2nd terminal by 2020.

The only advantage EGHH has over EGHI is a longer runway and with many connecting pax at the 'SOU-hub', shifting a few flights onto EGHH seems a bit pointless. Especially as the 195's will be arriving in a year's time which with it's greater performance capabilities will make better use of EGHI's shorter runway.

:ok:

eurostar builder
18th Aug 2005, 07:49
Re Flybe at Bournemouth

Heard it was the New embrear 170s from Bournemouth the rest stayed the same.

Nakata77
18th Aug 2005, 09:13
Flybe will not come to Bournemouth except on diversion basis. Besides Bournemouth can only attract the volumes of people with bigger operators like easyJet, Ryanair and other low cost airlines.

Trislander
20th Aug 2005, 09:10
Eurostar,

Flybe have no E-170 aircraft or any on order.

They do have E-195's on order however! Besides, why move 195 ops to EGHH when they can operate out of EGHI?

T

eurostar builder
22nd Aug 2005, 18:15
OK, is the runway long enough for fully loaded EMB 195s when its hot.

ForestFlyer
23rd Aug 2005, 17:03
>OK, is the runway long enough for fully loaded EMB 195s when its hot.

Yes, is the short answer.

Their performance is actually quite superb, and a fully-laden 195 has a range of approx 2500 miles from SOU, which I believe takes it to North Africa.

flyBE have looked into this very carefully... frankly, they simply would not have chosen an aircraft that would mean losing routes from one of it's most successful hubs.

Wycombe
23rd Aug 2005, 17:14
Surely N Africa is a lot less than 2500NM from SOU.

If correct that puts places well outside of normal lo-co business models within range (eg, TFS without a tech-stop...impressive if true).

Only worry then is where to park 'em all - think only the cul-de-sac stands at SOU are any good due proximity of others to runway critical area.

Localiser Green
23rd Aug 2005, 17:41
Their performance is actually quite superb, and a fully-laden 195 has a range of approx 2500 miles from SOU

Not sure where they got that one from... ERJ-195 published figures show 1,400nm range with max passengers at long range cruise speed, 1,800nm for the 'LR' version.

Have Flybe gone for the LR? If so SOU-TFS is (just) within range, runway permitting.

Trislander
24th Aug 2005, 08:27
That's perf data for the standard GE engines. Flybe have chosen the uprated versions for this very reason.

Wycombe, You are quite right about the cul-de-sac parking arrangement - since BAA changed stands 8-10 for 5 nose in stands (meaning that higher tail fins protrude into the critical area) the only appropriate stands are those left round the corner, ie stands 2-5 which is enough if they replace each of the 4-based 146's for a new embraer. But hey, lookin at the airport plans those new remote stands should be built within a few years.

T

TCAS FAN
27th Aug 2005, 22:35
Localiser Green "runway permitting"

From what Embraer currently put out on their website, the SOU runway will permit SOU to GLA/EDI with full load, but not a lot more.

Being concerned for my continued employment, I, together with a number of others have asked Embraer what performance improvements they are going to come up with. This has resulted in a "no comment" citing the fact that the ERJ 195 is not yet certified and they will not release any performance figures until it is.

With a combination of the up-rated engines and some software changes to provide an intermediate take-off flap setting, as they did with the ERJ 145 (to make it work at SOU) the southern Spain destinations (AGP/ALC/MJV) could be workable from SOU, but anything more appears at the moment to be speculation. Hopefully Flybe have been guaranteed more, time will tell.

If BAA wants to keep Flybe at SOU, and remain a viable business, they hopefully are now pursuing land purchases to the north of the airport to remove the large railway sheds (apparently now empty and redundant) and thereby remove a 02 take-off obstacle, and secondly the rail sidings adjoining the northern boundary fence, to permit the runway to be displaced northwards to enable compliance with the CAA recommended 240 metre Runway End Safety Area at the south end, and avoid dumping another aircraft on the M27 while improving the 20 take-off obstacle environment, to permit increased take-off weights.

Maybe its time to start a new thread, "Can SOU survive the ERJ 195"?

sky9
28th Aug 2005, 07:26
Has anyone by chance confused Km with Nm. A 2500nm range with a full load out of SOU sounds out of this world. A 2500Km range is reasonable.

NCLRULES
28th Aug 2005, 08:13
Bournemouth is now on the EZY destinations map. ;)

ForestFlyer
28th Aug 2005, 18:42
>Maybe its time to start a new thread, "Can SOU survive the ERJ 195"?

TCAS FAN, I know for a fact that flyBE have looked into the 195 performance out of SOU, including consulting BAA's own technical people, and that the 195 can operate all existing routes and some new besides, based on the configuration they have chosen, and SOU's existing obstacles etc, etc.

TCAS FAN
28th Aug 2005, 19:01
Forestflyer

Lets hope that wet runways figures in their calcualtions, BRAL learn't to their peril that application JAR-OPS criteria ended up with them having to off-load PAX on the EDI/GLA flights, until the intermediate flap setting was certified.

Good luck to Flybe, lets hope that the "technical people" at SOU can now sort out the obstacle situation north end (ie the sheds) and south end (the large fir trees) and enable Flybe to use the '195 to its apparent real potential.

Looking forward to certification of the '195 and Embrarer impressing us all with the take-off performance data, should be a real winner if it really is a BAe146/RJ replacement.

eurostar builder
29th Aug 2005, 04:22
Just in case anybody was thinking of visiting Southampton
BAA have just increased there car Park Charges AGAIN from 22/8

BOH
7th Sep 2005, 11:16
About 1:50pm yesterday (Tues) afternoon i saw a FlyBe. Dash8-Q400 on approach into BOH, is this a charter operation or diversion or something?

Trislander
7th Sep 2005, 11:30
Flybe use BOH for training the new guys on the Q400. Circuits, ILS, holds and the like.

If it was late at night however, then it was probably a diversion because SOU was shut.

T

FLYboh
7th Sep 2005, 16:46
Thomsonfly are holding a recruitment day on the 24th September. Does anyone know if this is to do with launching new routes in the new year?

gary4444
7th Sep 2005, 16:57
This might help

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=181949

FLYboh
13th Sep 2005, 16:38
Thomsonfly have started uploading their summer 2006 schedule and Alicante is new operating 5 flights per week. Palma looses the wednesday flight and Malaga remains daily. Other routes to follow hopefully with a few newones.

The Thomson Holiday website is offering holidays to the Algarve next summer on Thurs & Sun and the flight times there would need the basing of a 3rd aircraft to achieve the schedules.

Fingers crossed. More routes to follow.

girt big un
13th Sep 2005, 21:10
When they wake up in the bunker they will realise that being at BOH is a financial disaster. By then Palmair would be long gone. The airport is a"local airport" it has poor road links and public transport is a joke. 50% of the catchment area is water and to the North forest. There is a limited catchment area that could be easily be persuaded to go to another close by airport based on the price of a ticket.

Palmair have for many years seen off the competition but this time deep German pockets rule the roost.

I wonder if the great Manchester team can translate their undoubted skills to a corner shop. It is a bit like asking Stuart Rose to run your local newsagent. They do not understand the difference between a supermarket and a local corner (airport) shop.

By the way before I do not and never have worked for the Baths but I have watched regional airports and their inept management for years.

Bring back Harry Longhurst quickly

FLYboh
14th Sep 2005, 14:37
Girt Big Un... from one of your previous posts...

'Please can you all try and support those business men that risk their money to keep the rest of us plebs in work and not knock them'.

This is a thread about news and rumours, if you want to start a 'lets bash BOH thread' then go ahead. Otherwise take your own advice.

If BOH was such a disaster then Ryanair would have left long ago and Palmair would have moved up the road to SOU.

Re your points.

Over 4 million people live within a 90 minute drive of BOH.

Nearly 1 million passengers will use BOH in 2005

Over 1.25 million will use the airport in 2006.

Yes BOH does need improved access and a new terminal, but these are all in the pipeline and because BOH is not attracting business travellers it doesn't matter that you don't have a railway station on your doorstep. The majority of people still arrive at airports in cars.

FLYboh
16th Sep 2005, 14:48
August was BOH's best month ever handling 97,056 passengers. Thats an increase of 42% on 2004.

Loads were good on most routes and TOM averaged 80% across there BOH network with Malaga and Faro being 88%.

Ryanair also had an excellent month with Girona being the strongest performer on 92% carrying 10,812.

All looks good for the future. :ok:

phil_2405
16th Sep 2005, 14:53
Excellent news for everyone at Bournemouth :ok:

Anyone have any idea to new Thomsonfly destinations for Summer 2006 from BOH?

eurostar builder
16th Sep 2005, 17:48
Bournemouth has reaplied for a New terminal building as the current plans have already been outgrown with the current passengers figures.

This would also have plans for the link road to the A338 Spur Road. Bristol has no station and that does well with transport links.

Also Digging has started in the field opposite to the Bournemouth Airport Enterance rumoured to be a 3rd Car Park for Long Term.

Air Berlin is to Start in the Future from Bournemouth

BOH
16th Sep 2005, 18:21
Does anyone have a copy of the plans for the new terminal ... where they would be situated etc. ... and also anyone know what route air berlin would start?

phil_2405
16th Sep 2005, 18:47
I've not heard anything about Air Berlin before, would it be a transfer of services from Southampton?

How definite is Air Berlin @ BOH?

BOH
16th Sep 2005, 22:54
I would have thought Ryanair would bring back its service to Germany before they let Air Berlin serve BOH.

eurostar builder
17th Sep 2005, 06:25
Ryr should have restarted Hahn as this was a real winner
so hopefully Air Berlin will make Bournemouth - Germany a sucess

phil_2405
17th Sep 2005, 11:27
Why did Ryanair stop services to Hahn if they were so successful?

Nakata77
17th Sep 2005, 14:35
Ryanair have a limit on the number of routes they can fly from BOH so they opeted to swap Frankfurt for Girona to test the market and also to achieve higher yields. I'm sure they will bring Germany back but may not be Frankfurt.

Air Berlin to Paderborn initially but later to Berlin, maybe Munich.

phil_2405
17th Sep 2005, 14:40
I don't quite understand that, why have Ryanair got a limit to the number of routes they can operate at BOH?

No offence to anyone but why do people fly to Paderborn? What is there?

airhumberside
17th Sep 2005, 14:59
No offence to anyone but why do people fly to Paderborn? What is there?
I believe there are military links from when British forces had a large presence in Germany

phil_2405
17th Sep 2005, 15:54
Fair enough, I thought there would be some reason.

Bring it on Air Berlin :ok:

BOH
18th Sep 2005, 19:20
But whats this about the limit ryanair has on its routes from BOH?

phil_2405
18th Sep 2005, 19:37
To my knowledge there is not any limit of the number of routes Ryanair can operate at Bournemouth (its not 3 at least). Hopefully Nakata77 can explain what they meant?

Nakata77
19th Sep 2005, 10:52
sorry, i was under the impression there was a limit imposed by the airport. could be wrong, but would make sense seeing as a perfectly good route like Frankfurt was dropped in favour of a more lucrative spanish one.

Diamond 'katana' geezer
21st Sep 2005, 20:53
BOH,

Managed to get a good look at the original plans back in 2000. Then the terminal was to be located at on the threshold of the old northerly runway. A large tarmac area in front of the terminal would be the apron. As for the terminal design, think ‘off the shelf’ aluminium square, like Southampton and Stanstead, but with more right angles. Aircraft parked at stands with pax walking to aircraft. Any plans for extra access to the terminal was contained within secondary proposal in which the Blackwater Bridge and roundabout (near stocks farm) are key.

I viewed the application at the Christchurch council offices and if I’m correct can be viewed by anyone on request.

I understand that more recent plans may have changed, to move the same design to a different location on the airfield.

Most interesting reading was from a certain gentleman in the local area, who had written a letter with spaces for date, time, registration, estimated altitude and type of aircraft. Every time an aircraft was judged to be too noisy/low etc, the spaces were filled and the letter sent to the planning office and a copy to the airport. The record was 7 in one day, with a total of over 100! Whatever you think, said gentleman must have got a special deal on stamps!

Geez

virginblue
23rd Sep 2005, 14:40
BOH-PAD now confirmed by PAD airport in its newsletter.

3x weekly TuThSa.

I would not count on additional routes by Air Berlin from BOH. PAD-SOU is a rather odd route in AB's network. The only Euro-Shuttle routes from PAD are all to the UK: STN, MAN, BOH as the area around PAD is the heartland of British Forces Germany with quite a few UK soldiers and expats. Quite different catchment area than MUC or BER.

Any insight why they are moving in from SOU ? Did they have problems there regarding runway length ?

eurostar builder
23rd Sep 2005, 15:07
I had heard that Air Berlin could not fill all seats
in the aircraft because of the runway length.

Not sure if this is true but im sure you will tell me different.

Any news on starting dates yet. Could not find the newsletter and nothing on Air Berlin site yet.

virginblue
23rd Sep 2005, 15:44
The press release says that it will start with effect winter schedule, which probably means on Nov. 1. On both AB's and PAD's website, still given as the destination is SOU .

Exel
23rd Sep 2005, 15:50
From the airport grapevine :

Selling seats to the general public on the SOU - PAD route were a problem as were the flight times.

A significant percentage of pax to use this route were connected with the MOD and it is them who kept the route operative for so long.
Coupled with the fact that AB wanted better slot allocations which were not forthcoming has resulted in the withdrawl from SOU.

phil_2405
23rd Sep 2005, 17:01
When can we expect a press release and associated start of bookings then?

eurostar builder
26th Sep 2005, 06:48
Who is looking at Operating a weekly flight to New York from Bournemouth.

Get those plans in now and make a bigger terminal that that mess up the road.

Nakata77
26th Sep 2005, 14:48
nobody at the moment, but EOS or MaxJet once weekly would be good for the local businesses in the area, JPMorgan could support a twice weekly flight alone!

UniGirl
26th Sep 2005, 20:49
Hi,

The digging opposite the entrance is not a new car park, its New Milton sand and Ballast getting gravel!

Does anyone know when Bournemouth is intending on publishing its Master Plan?

eurostar builder
27th Sep 2005, 07:42
Flights now on sale,looks like flights start on 17 Dec.Times are:

PAD-BOH 0700 0720
BOH-PAD 0805 1030

TUE/THU/SAT

There where three guys looking at the Junction yesterday
the queue to exit the road ran back upto the terminal.

Trislander
27th Sep 2005, 12:32
A roundabout is definatley required there. Also that piece of road doesn't appear to have any speed limit signs along it's whole length, making many drivers assume it's a national speed limit road. Does anyone actually know what the limit is along there? There's no sign at the beginning at the Hurn roundabout or at the other end at the APW roundabout. :confused:

T

BOH
27th Sep 2005, 14:47
It appear that Air Berlin are stopping flights at the end of October to sutton and yet they dont start the BOH til mid december??
The speed limit is a 50 along that road, the signs are just before the roundabout before the turn off to the Aviation Park.

Groundloop
27th Sep 2005, 14:49
Traffic lights would probably be better that a roundabout.

There is no speed limit on the road. The 30mph limit finishes just after the Hurn roundabout. A 40 limit starts just after the roundabout for the North West Area and West Parley.

I thought the limit on a single carriageway road was 60. I've never seen a 50 sign anywhere. Are they new?

Nakata77
27th Sep 2005, 15:42
AIR BERLIN AND PADERBORN AIRPORT HAVE ANNOUNCED BOURNEMOUTH FLIGHTS, GOT IT ON THEIR WEBSITE AND STARTING TO PROMOTE IT. WHY HASNT BOURNEMOUTH DONE THE SAME THING. ANYONE WOULD THINK THAT THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT ARE PART-TIME

BOURNEMOUTH WEBSITE HASNT EVEN GOT ANYTHING LISTED ABOUT WINTER FLIGHTS LET ALONE SUMMER 2006 DETAILS. WHATS GOING ON BOURNEMOUTH? IF YOU WANT TO GROW THEN MAKE SURE YOU CAN COPE WITH THE INCREASED WORK LOAD!

phil_2405
27th Sep 2005, 18:54
Bournemouth is attracting a good level of low cost business now:

Thomsonfly - 2 based aircraft
Ryanair - 3 daily routes
Jet2.com - until end of Oct!
easyJet - 1 daily route from Dec.
Air Berlin - 1 route, 3 weekly from Dec.

Bournemouth can now claim to offer services by Europe's 2 largest low cost airlines and 2 other major players (isn't Air Berlin Europe's 3rd largest?)

I would imagine growth will mainly come at BOH in the coming years, at the expense of SOU in the area.

What is next for Bournemouth?

loveJet
28th Sep 2005, 08:35
I wouldn't be surprised if Ryanair launched a whole tranche of new routes - especially given the fact that agreement for expansion seems to have been made at Nottingham and Humberside. Anyone's guess as to where they'd fly though, probably Derry, Nimes, Nantes, Jerez, Poznan and other ridiculous places !!!

shamrock7seal
28th Sep 2005, 08:54
Possible airlines that could fit Bournemouth:

Air Southwest - Manchester, Cork, Newcastle
Flyglobespan - Edinburgh
Flybe - Jersey, Guernsey
Helvetic - Zurich
Wizz/Centralwings - Warsaw, Krakow
MaxJet - New York (3 or 4 times weekly)

Charter service - Orlando

Also expansion from existing operators:

easyJet to replace Jet2 on BFS, add Liverpool, Nice, Palma
Ryanair - Milan, Rome, Stockholm, Murcia, Pisa
Thomsonfly - Ibiza, Venice
Air Berlin - Berlin, Munich
Flyniki - Vienna, Salzbrug

BOH
28th Sep 2005, 11:00
BOH surely cant take a flight to new york or orlando, i just cant see the demand!i dont think itl be long before ryanair and easyjet launch new routes.Easyjet to palma wouldnt work with TOM and EAF already on the route though.

eurostar builder
28th Sep 2005, 11:49
Continental does Bristol to New York with a 757 I beleive..

............................................................ .........................................

Also another one for Bournemouth could be Balkan Holidays with a A320 thats operating from Southampton ..

Re Advertise.
There is No mention of any Easyjet Flights in Bournemouth not easy a orange sign anywhere.

............................................................ ..........................................

MerchantVenturer
28th Sep 2005, 13:33
Yes, CO does do BRS-EWR with a daily 172-seat 757 (started in May this year).

It has had a slowish start with the real problem apparently getting Americans to use it.

Things seem to be picking up with nearly 9,000 using the service in August (if that month had been poor eyebrows would be raised) giving a load factor in the low 80%, and signs for September appear good as well.

BRS has a throughput of 5 million pax annually compared to BOH's approaching 3/4 million, so on the face of things it would seem that BOH would struggle to successfully operate a daily 757.

I'm not sure of BOH's realistic catchment area. BRS is said to have 7 million in its own but there are other airports within and on the fringe of this as well.

Also bear in mind that Greater Bristol is the major economic force for the whole of the government's southwest region, which includes Bournemouth and Poole, so that is another reason to suspect that BOH might struggle even to emulate BRS's relatively modest, but improving, performance on the 'New York' route.

Unless of course there are specific circumstances in Bournemouth and district for
thinking a New York service would work.

Good luck anyway, the more routes the better, so long as they are sustainable.

phil_2405
28th Sep 2005, 17:28
especially given the fact that agreement for expansion seems to have been made at Nottingham and Humberside

Slightly off topic but I wasn't aware Ryanair had any deal with Humberside airport? They currently don't operate any services at HUY, not even a DUB.

AndyHUY
28th Sep 2005, 17:34
Where did this info come from if you dont mind me asking?

eurostar builder
30th Sep 2005, 08:08
Am I right to beleive that the the Bristol flight is once a week the demand for weekly would make more sence.

future_pilot17
30th Sep 2005, 08:29
If your talking about the CO flights to BRS it's a daily 757 service. Will be reduced for the winter to 4 or 5x weekly I think

Trislander
30th Sep 2005, 11:30
Shamrock,
-------------------------------------------------------
Possible airlines that could fit Bournemouth:

Air Southwest - Manchester, Cork, Newcastle
-Perhaps, but currently fleet limitations won't allow, routes flown regularly and successfully from SOU

Flyglobespan - Edinburgh
-737 bit big for such a thin route

Flybe - Jersey, Guernsey
-Why? SOU base is only 30 mins drive away, similar catchment area.

Helvetic - Zurich
- Very much a business route, would have to be on a small a/c to work in the week, BACX at SOU dropped the route due low loads. An A320-size a/c would work for a weekly ski service in the winter however.

Wizz/Centralwings - Warsaw, Krakow
-Again, very businessy, small a/c again.

MaxJet - New York (3 or 4 times weekly)
-Maybe once a week on a 757 would be realistic. This would be pricey and LHR has more appeal with more flights and lower fares.

Charter service - Orlando
-In the summer, once a week, definatley.

Also expansion from existing operators:

easyJet to replace Jet2 on BFS, add Liverpool, Nice, Palma
Ryanair - Milan, Rome, Stockholm, Murcia, Pisa
Thomsonfly - Ibiza, Venice
Air Berlin - Berlin, Munich
Flyniki - Vienna, Salzbrug

Let's not forget that to make it worthwhile flying from a local airport, there needs to be the ability to return same day (except on holiday routes). A 737 operator will struggle to fill 4 sectors-worth of pax on these routes.
The main thing airlines look at when opening new routes is
a) Where do the majority of people really want to go?
b) Does it fit our business structure?
c) Will it be profitable using our a/c type, will a day return be necessary?

There are obviously a lot more factors but these are the fundamentals and that's what I have based my replies above on.

Don't think I'm being harsh, I'm just being realistic.

MerchantVenturer
30th Sep 2005, 11:35
Am I right to beleive that the the Bristol flight is once a week the demand for weekly would make more sence.

eurostarbuilder

As I said in my above post on this page, the BRS-EWR has been daily since it began last May.

It will go to 5 rotations a week in for the winter period.

The 757 used is configured so that its 172 seats include 16 business/first and the rest (156) economy.

Some days a/c with winglets are used, often not. It was thought the short and high BRS runway (6,600 feet at an elevation of 600 feet) might be a problem. It has not been.

BOH with its longer runway should have no trouble at all.

eurostar builder
30th Sep 2005, 11:39
Why is this topic been moved....

BOH
30th Sep 2005, 21:07
In the Advertiser this week it said that both Thomas Cook and EasyJet has a range of new services that they were going to launch during 2006 - anyone know about this??

Nakata77
3rd Oct 2005, 09:38
YEAH EASY TO GENEVA AND THOMAS COOK TO PALMA AND TURKEY

WAS A CRAP PRESS RELEASE COS DIDNT MENTION EASYJET GENEVA - SLIGHTLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN PADERBORN WOULDNT YOU SAY?!

think it was a mistake about 'range' of services but am sure its in the pipeline

eurostar builder
3rd Oct 2005, 15:23
Nakata77

Easy jet have already announced and Starting flights in 2005.(this year).

BOH
3rd Oct 2005, 15:31
Yeh i knew about those services was just wondering what they meant by the range because did sound like there were already plans