PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

JakeElliott
18th Jan 2005, 02:01
Hey everyone,

Names Jake, Im currently a student at Sault College in Ontario, Canada. I am looking for advice on starting out a career in aviation, and in particular going to Africa. I will be graduating in April/May 2005 with a commercial multi IFR and 250 hrs. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good place to start making some contacts and get some advice. I have aquired my South African Citizenship and should get a passport shortly. I don't know if this will help me at all? Any advice, any suggestions, ANYTHING, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jake Elliott

B Sousa
18th Jan 2005, 11:34
If you gave up Canadian citizenship for South African, you certainly didnt learn much in College.......As to the rest of your questions check a lot of the threads here as your questions have all been asked and answered....
Do some bush work in Canada first, it will build you time and make you more marketable in Africa.

birdlady
18th Jan 2005, 11:38
Hi Jake

If you've got South African citizenship that half the battle. No worries with regard to work permits. A good place to start is with instructing. There are various places that will do this rating for you. Do a search on here and you will find all the good schools. I can name a few 43rd Airschool, Progress, Algoa, Superior Pilot Services, CFA etc. Another option is to look at Maun in Botswana. Dangerous flying but good fun apparently. They take on low houred pilots aswell. Just do a search for Maun Botswana and all will be revealed.

Ciao for now. And good luck:ok:

BL:ok:

JakeElliott
18th Jan 2005, 20:42
appreciate the input. And B Sousa, I learned a thing or 2 in college, Dual Citizenship. :ok:

lokione
18th Jan 2005, 20:55
Dangerous flying - in Maun..............give me a break!! It is wonderful fun fun fun!;) ;) ;)