PDA

View Full Version : EK 777 Trips/monthly schedules

PNH2ATL
17th Jan 2005, 20:08
Any EK 777 drivers care to give me an idea of what the trips are like and what a typical month looks like? Also with all the new 777’s coming how do you think the trips will change? Thanks

typhoonpilot
18th Jan 2005, 11:58
The trips range anywhere from quick out and backs around the ME to the 11 day Melbourne trip and everything in between. One third of the departures on any given day are between 0715 and 0845, another third are between 0100 and 0330, and about another third in the mid-afternoon. Pick-up from your house is 2:15 prior to departure.

The majority of Europe trips are 24 hour layovers, so they are a nice two to three day trip and tend to be very productive. The Australasian trips are the longer ones, ranging from 3 to 11 days. A lot of those have multiple nights off in CGK, KUL, SIN, BKK, and MEL to name af few.

A quick look at five different people for January yields an average of 10 days off in Dubai, not including rest days. With rest days included it increases to 12 days.

With the new 777s we will see an increase in Europe flying and also an increase in flights over 8 hours, possibly taking back Perth, Jo-Burg, Osaka, and Manila as well as adding JFK.

TP

bus canuck
18th Jan 2005, 13:53
With the new 777s we will see an increase in Europe flying and also an increase in flights over 8 hours, possibly taking back Perth, Jo-Burg, Osaka, and Manila as well as adding JFK.

I see... But you're going to leave us Accra and Lagos, right?:p