PDA

View Full Version : November Roster/Dragonair help.

Screaming Lord
30th Sep 2000, 23:04
Would you believe it, but plans are afoot for said Airline to do some of our Aussie (Yes AUSTRALIA) schedule, and also relieve the TPE load. Just so we won't have to do all those "O" day and reserve duties. How kind.

Kubota
1st Oct 2000, 07:18
Take this one with a pinch of salt.

ETOPS is required.

ETOPS authority is a combination of Airframe, Engine and Operator. I don't think that they bought ETOPS capable aircraft, (different config to CX machines) and in addition they don't (to the best of knowledge) fly any ETOPS routes. I could be wrong, but I don't it would be THAT easy to slide Hairy Worm Airlines into a CX Oz schedule. It takes time, experience AND the right AOC.

Now, if you had said MNL, DPS, BKK or SIN, perhaps.

Old A
1st Oct 2000, 11:46
Actually all our 330s are ETOPS aircraft.
Same spares pool as CX.

[This message has been edited by Old A (edited 01 October 2000).]

jtr
1st Oct 2000, 16:25
Even if you go non-etops, surely the extra fuel cost beats cancelling the flight. But can they do this according to the ccc.. cccc... <gag-spit> conditions of service?

Kubota
1st Oct 2000, 17:33
Old A, same spares pool doesn't necessarily mean that the aircraft are ETOPS. It requires a different MEL, AOC, and as I said, crew training and experience gleaned by the airline. Despite all attempts by the airlines to rationalise and simplify the process, it is very much controlled by the CAD who are bound by legislation.

This may come as a bit of a surprise, but Cathay Crews couldn't fly your aircraft on ETOPS routes. I know of what I speak. I am pretty sure that your A330's have a different equipment configuration. Sharing the same engines and airframe doesn't mean that they are the same models.

All semantics anyway. Ain't gonna happen.

Old A
2nd Oct 2000, 03:04
MELs already done.

Crew training and approval is a bit tight for November <grin>

Staggers
2nd Oct 2000, 04:34
Do you remember where PEK and SHA went?
Then KHH switched airlines.
Now we have a Dragonair freighter going to the UK.
I wonder..........

[This message has been edited by Staggers (edited 02 October 2000).]

Thrust
4th Oct 2000, 11:42
I thought you had emergency slides in Dragon not Slide/ rafts. Does this make a difference?