PDA

View Full Version : Old St Nick and the13th Month

Four Holer Roller
15th Nov 2000, 23:19
Well, Christmas is coming, the Season of Good Will, when old St Nick gives all the boys and girls in the CX family a present of a 13th Month.......unless of course you work for VETA! You may have worked your socks off this year (like everybody else), taken a swingeing pay cut, and very probably had your leave cancelled, but you are NOT included in the festive spirit.
Nick, you're supposedly a "man manager", how do you think the VETA people are going to feel come Christmas when everyone else gets a 13th month and we don't? Motivated, ready to help out in a "difficult year"....I don't think so!!
We could work on the principle of a day's work for a day's pay of course, and since we're being paid a month less maybe we should just work a month less!
What do you think guys?

Come on Nick...don't be a Scrooge....re-instate the 13th month.

Goonybird
16th Nov 2000, 06:06
Scrooge? I think he's the Grinch, and the 13th month was right at the top of his list of benefits to steal!!!

http://www.worldlynx.net/brian/images/grinchsmile.gif

[This message has been edited by Goonybird (edited 16 November 2000).]

Thrust
16th Nov 2000, 09:38
I doubt he's the Grinch. The Grinch eventually found he had a heart.

The only message Nick will understand, is looking like a prat, when people flood back from non-Nth American basings and start costing the company big bucks.

BUSDRVR
17th Nov 2000, 04:49
You expect a 13th month, this from a company that extended 4 guys on b-scales to save a mere 60,000 HK/ month. This extension only creates more ill will in amongst the ranks. Now would a man manager allow that to happen ????

jagman
17th Nov 2000, 10:18
You're quite right Busman - penny wise and pound foolish isn't it?
Nick's patronising tone that all is well up to Industry standard is going to sound hollow on the 23rd.
They will have some nasty shocks for you but if we stick together we'll win. Surely Hong Kong won't want to put up with an annual sick-out

geh065
17th Nov 2000, 13:00
How about pro-rata pay? Some of us have been here just less than a year, but only just. I too have worked this year and hopefully I am not worth less than the next guy, so why can't pro-rata 13th month and profit share be given? I have participated in this year and helped generate the profits as well, so surely I qualify!