PDA

View Full Version : Strike vs. Fighter "dicta" ??

leonard17F
16th Jan 2005, 21:13
Is there anyone who has a copy of a funny list of sayings/reasons why a strike pilot is much more worth than a fighter pilot ?
Believe it originated in the US...
I remember having seen it 10 years ago, can't find it now.
Thanks !

soddim
16th Jan 2005, 22:52
There are only two roles for aircraft - fighters and targets.

Oggin Aviator
17th Jan 2005, 04:34
IIRC a version of it - extolling the virtue of the attack pilot - is on the wall at work above a retired A7 pilots desk - I'll copy it down tomorrow if it is still there. I'll let you know.

antipodean alligator
17th Jan 2005, 09:55
The airforce exists to drop bombs and break other people's stuff.....Aircraft that cannot do this are merely support assets!

Mad_Mark
17th Jan 2005, 11:34
alligator...

The airforce exists to drop bombs and break other people's stuff.....Aircraft that cannot do this are merely support assets!

So those aircraft that fire missiles (air-air or air-surface) or drop torpedoes to "break other peoples stuff" don't count then :confused: :D

MadMark!!! :mad:

antipodean alligator
17th Jan 2005, 11:46
Don't shoot/bomb/torpedo the messenger Mark! Thanks for pointing out the flaw though....Naturally all forms of breakage are approved!

stillin1
17th Jan 2005, 13:06
There is nothing funny about a strike pilot who believes he is "much more worth" than a Fighter Pilot. That is just terribly sad!!! :{ :cool:

Zoom
17th Jan 2005, 13:53
Soddim speaks the truth.

Bo Nalls
17th Jan 2005, 17:24
How about this site? (http://www.skyhawk.org/2E/attack.htm)

leonard17F
17th Jan 2005, 20:24
Bo !
You made my day ! I could not lay my hand on it, after such a long time....
My fellow Mud-Movers, you are welcome to share good French wine here, while we will look (down) at our Fighters "cousins" telling BS stories to lobotomized blonde babes while waving their hands one in front another and lying like second-hand cars salesmen about "maddog", "pitbull", "husky" and all their favorite buzzwords..
Thanks for everybody's help !
FLY NAVY !

soddim
17th Jan 2005, 22:47
Guess you mud movers are not checking six too much nowadays what with there being nobody brave enough to come up and get you in the last few conflicts. However, don't count on not needing some air superiority help in the future and be careful how you run down your fighter mates just in case you need them.

Zoom
18th Jan 2005, 21:19
Has anyone got a transcript of the tape that came out of Viet Nam late 60s entitled something like, 'What the captain really meant'?