PDA

View Full Version : It's 'J' country out there....

500days2do
16th Jan 2005, 14:47
Just been 'playing' war games out west with some rather clever chaps that fly big jobs.Top boss fella came out with quote of the week which came back to haunt him.

'Its 'J' country out there guys...'

Sadly for him his precious fleet managed 40 minutes ex fly time all week.

Any other famous one liners you ppruners care to mention....:O

SVK
16th Jan 2005, 17:02
Maybe next week's holiday in Rockape Village will give the J guys a chance to make up for last week........

Yellow Sun
16th Jan 2005, 17:14
How about the Nimrod Sqn Cdr who stood up on 23rd December one year and said:

"Although we are Duty squadron over the Christmas period, it all looks pretty quiet"

Every crew on the squadron flew on Christmas or Boxing day.

And the moral of the tale? Never trust an AEO!

YS

hyd3failure
17th Jan 2005, 08:21
The squadron CO who stood up at shareholders some years ago and stated....

" It will be over my dead body that I have women maintaining my aircraft"....

wonder what he'd think now to see that not only are they maintaining them....there bloomin' flyin them too...!!!!

Training Risky
17th Jan 2005, 09:17
Is he ACTUALLY dead now? Maybe that's how the women got on the sqn?

hyd3failure
17th Jan 2005, 09:20
Nope, he's alive and well and currently still serving.....only he's been promoted a few times and is now an Admiral...

polomint
19th Jan 2005, 13:11
Some F3 mates told me on comms that they were flying a counter rotating cRap once.....Oh I chuckled...:D

Oggin Aviator
19th Jan 2005, 15:14
Pre entry to Gib on the way out to 6 months in the Adriatic, our SOBS (Sqn XO equiv) got all the aircrew in the briefing room and stressed that in terms of behaviour as Officers there was a definite line to be taken and we were absolutely not to "cross the line" whilst celebrating the last run ashore for a long time. Everyone had a great time, as was usual with a few days in Gib.

But who was the individual to be found unconscious through alcohol in a night club and had to brought back to the ship and put to bed by one of the Chief's? :eek:
I'll let you work that one out.
Paul McKeksdown (not the offender in question but a mate on the Sqn) - do you remember that episode?

Purr Harder
21st Jan 2005, 07:20
'......... Merge the C130J and C130K Line Servicing Sqns, what a great idea, it's is bound to be more efficient...' :ok:

BEagle
21st Jan 2005, 07:27
FSTA Civil Serpent:

"This programme will NOT slip to the right......"

I think it's now about 4 years late?:rolleyes: