PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla and plug-ins

Binoculars
16th Jan 2005, 14:33
I downloaded Mozilla Firefox on the advice of this forum and have been quite happy with it, but I still have to use IE for some sites, because Firefox tells me certain plug-ins are not available. When prompted to download, I am told that no suitable plug-ins can be found. The chief offender is my internet banking site.

I'd like to use Firefox all the time, and have told the Binoettes to use it unless absolutely necessary, and it's certainly massively better on the popup scale.

Not a major issue, just a minor inconvenience, but any ideas?

Jhieminga
17th Jan 2005, 19:10
Binos, does it tell you which plug ins are needed? Sometimes they need to be loaded manually instead of through the automated installer (although it should then tell you so!).

You could have a look on the Mozilla.org (https://addons.update.mozilla.org/?application=firefox) site. A lot of plugins are available there.

I always get pi$$ed off at sites that refuse to work and actually tell you that you need to use IE! :* You could try getting in touch with the helpdesk for the internet banking to see if they have a solution, but I wouldn't count on it!