PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Vs Cathay?

OAT Letdown
24th Sep 2000, 02:10
I would like to know which carrier is the better employer, taking into account job satisfaction, lifestyle, pay and advancement. I am particularly interested to hear from anyone who has worked for both companies and is able to offer non-biased advice. I realise that the answer may be along the lines of 'horses for courses' but I am after a comparison of the 'total package'.
Thanks in advance. OAT http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

jtr
24th Sep 2000, 04:37
IIIIIINNNNNCCCCOOOOMMMMIIIINNNGGGG!
http://smilecwm.tripod.com/paladin/jesse6.gif

[This message has been edited by jtr (edited 24 September 2000).]

HardRock
24th Sep 2000, 05:04
Well now... I could stay where I want to be, and work for McDonald's, or I could move really far away and work for Burger King? What to do??????

Goonybird
24th Sep 2000, 14:36
I think Burger King is known as "Hungry Jack's" in Australia. ;)

St_Paul_Island
24th Sep 2000, 16:48
OAT,

You are unlikely to find what you want on this forum. Over 100 CX pilots have left for QANTAS, including many F/Os who were quite happy to start as S/O. As I recall two (2) then returned to CX. As the QANTAS joiners are unlikely to peruse this thread any longer, you should ask this question on the thread for QANTAS pilots for an answer to your question.

Oh, I forgot - there is no dedicated QANTAS thread. I suppose if that means they are happy enough in that company not to bleat on PPRuNe, then perhaps that is a better answer than any you could receive on this forum.

OAT Letdown
25th Sep 2000, 04:05
St_Paul_Island,

Thanks for the heads-up.

OAT :)

EX HARBOUR DOOD
29th Sep 2000, 00:30
Well then,I am one of thes ex CX come QF guys.I didnt realise there was 100 of us,but then nothing is surprising anymore.The two companies are completely different and you should not expect to walk from one to the other and find commonality.However,the art of flying in an airline does not change.You go to work,do your part and then go home.Where you choose that home will be is the most important part of the debate.Arguing over pay,promotions,conditions etc,are only useful if you can enjoy them.All of us will retire as Captains with a nice house and a new car.So wether you do all that in 10 years or 15 years really isnt all that important.Or is it???

PNR
1st Oct 2000, 08:37
Hey Goonybird,

Not anymore... They finally managed to buy the rights to "Burger King" in Oz from some small shop that registered the name years ago!!

For the others on this thread,

QF do in fact have a bleat site much like this one. Can't remember where on the web, but they have some bitter infighting about seniority, fleet disparities (pay) and other issues. I saw it at a mates place one time a while back.

------------------

[This message has been edited by PNR (edited 01 October 2000).]