PDA

View Full Version : Barbados-lgw

cabot
15th Jan 2005, 19:43
anyone from MYT care to tell me why this flight on the MYT 062 on the 8th of Jan was substituted with a dinosaur Monarch A300-605R which had to stop in Gander for a refuel? this caused my family to have a lenthy wait in gatwick -we missed our connecting EZY flight because baggage handlers took 45 minutes to deliver the suitcases to the carousel- thanks boys .Mind you we should have been grateful that the aircraft which made in 1991 was quite a youthful 14 years old compared with the pre historic 1980 ex British Airways 747-200 made in 1980 and now flying with Air Atlanta on the outboubd trip1

Vont phood
15th Jan 2005, 20:13
So what low cost ticket did you buy that gives you the right to moan about old airplanes? The A300-600's are relatively young compared with a lot of perfectly serviceable 747's flying around at the moment.

TightSlot
16th Jan 2005, 06:45
On that particular weekend, MT had some issues generated by at least one tech aircraft (A330?). The techical fault required approx 36 hours to repair (nosewheel?) and this resulted in a number of flights being subbed out to other operators. This, in turn, is why I found myself sitting in YYZ Hotac for 13 hours rather than "resting" on the sofa on days off.

I can't say for sure that this is why your aircraft was changed, but it seems highly likely. This kind of tech issue affects all airlines from time to time: Nobody is immune. It's bad luck, but at least you are home now :O

TJ747
21st Jan 2005, 22:49
Hi Cabot,

Sorry you didnt enjoy your flights, we have had quite a few probs recently with the aircraft... had a week from hell 2 wks ago. Big delays.

With our A330's doing the hadj...alot of the programme has been subbed to other carriers...i believe the outbound Air Atlanta and the rtn on monarch, bgi-lgw was arranged some time before.

Pvt msg me ifu wish and we chat about the flights rather than me broadcasting what went on in the open forum.

Cheers

TJ747