PDA

View Full Version : NTL and spam

Navy_Adversary
15th Jan 2005, 11:05
When I open my outlook express email which I have through NTL there are always 3 or 4 spam e-mails.

In the TO section it is not my e-mail address but another NTL one(various), is there anything that can be done to stop this spam e-mail which is not actually addressed to me?

I did use Mailwasher for a couple of months and found it reasonably useful, the spam was reduced considerably, now I just seem to receive these NTL associated ones.
TIA:confused:

E-Liam
15th Jan 2005, 13:59
Hi NA,

Do all the spam messages have the same sender's address? If so, highlight one of them, then click on Message | Block Sender. If there are various senders, then do it for each. If you make a mistake and accidentally block someone you didn't mean to, then click on Tools | Message Rules | Blocked Senders.. and just unselect the one you need to.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Liam

spannersatcx
15th Jan 2005, 14:14
you'll probably find that it was addressed to you, you were just blind copied BC rather than TO or CC.

Navy_Adversary
16th Jan 2005, 10:31
Thanks for the help guys, I do not get loads of spam like I used to, and what I do get is from different sources.
I know there is the blocked senders list but I didn't know if there was anything else as it all was NTL related.
I will have a look at downloading the anti spam site listed.