PDA

View Full Version : CX has the best pilots

sigma
11th Sep 2000, 21:18
I would like to say, Cathay indeed does have the best pilots in the world, it is no secret that the A scale was divised to attract crew in the 1980s particularly due to the crew shortage in late 1980s. Michael Hardy.
To me, it is the best airline in the world,in terms of management, in flight service, engineering excellence. Cathay does not receive those awards for nothing.
Cathay was, will and always be a great airline.

Arrive in better Shape

BusyB
11th Sep 2000, 22:09
By divised I assume you mean divisive (or was it devised) because the management you are so complimentary about use A-scales as a divisive lever as opposed to a tool that they no longer need. None of the above excuses the breaking of contracts of pilots that were bribed to join CX with A-scales and have now had their contracts broken and are treated like sh*t.

xs calf
11th Sep 2000, 23:26
Only since I joined :) :) :)

Gnd_Chk_Satis
12th Sep 2000, 03:09
Please....spare us this clap-trap!

CX has some fine pilots and good people in other areas...but as for 'engineering excellence' blah blah blah...leave it out...CX is a market driven airline(bean counters rule), managed by arrogance...and makes it's money because it's based in HKG...nothing more.

Jaded
12th Sep 2000, 03:10
Hmm interesting the 4 airlines I have worked for all said they had the best pilots too. I guess they must have left and joined CX <grin>

Bob Hawke
12th Sep 2000, 04:16
I was told they are all at KAL.

Cloud Cuckooland
12th Sep 2000, 17:31
Hey, sigma tell me something I don't know!

Nice fishing expedition BTW. We've got some medium size bites already.

While were at it lets bring back "loves theme" as the boarding Music and have the FA's wear little flags indicating their home country.

We could even try pioneering new ULH routes with inadequate equipment and a "vapours" fuel policy. Don't taxi around the corners too fast or you'll lose all the fuel out of the vent tanks.

Holding into LGW? "but we're Cathay!!!"

What about having First Class Crew rest seat complete with white linen and an orchid (9AC on the Classic upper deck)

Why don't we have a group for the wives - lets call it Kai Tak Ladies!

Why don't we have drinks at the DFO's place in Kadoorie Av. - everyone is sure to come (on their G days of course!)

DirtyDawg
12th Sep 2000, 18:39
Oh Stop it please, enough.

You are just making us humble pilots feel important when all we want to do is serve our beloved company who treats us like train drivers.
(no offence to all you former train drivers out there)

Woof Woof WOof

smith
12th Sep 2000, 21:32
Good old days!

sigma
13th Sep 2000, 03:20
Thanks for your comments and opinions.
I can’t really agree or disagree with what you say in some instances but this is my personal opinion and I hope you respect it, like I respect what you say.
You lot are in the position to know Cathay.
You lot may be right cos I see this from the outside of the company.
But give me the chance to fly and I will be very satisfied. I cannot ask for anything more.
I agree with the arrogance attitude of Cathay, indeed, I experienced it myself.
But Cathay can afford to be arrogant.

Cloud, it was a complete waste of time, I agree but I did go back to see my grandad shortly before he died.
Maybe,Buddha arranged this chance to go back otherwise I would not have gone back.
At least I went inside of the H of A, saw the simulators and the training centre. It’s a compromise and I saw your favourite person, Mr DT.
Well what can you do, they rang me up and I quickly went back, paying my own ticket during the Summer PEAK season.

Again, It is what I feel not just about the crew and the company but if I do work for Cathay, I suspect that my opinion will shift towards you lot.
Anyhow, thanks for the replies, hope I have not raised your tempers
Regards
Ken

Pickled
13th Sep 2000, 23:03
Cathay certainly had the best moaners in the business.