helen-damnation
14th Jan 2005, 19:00
Latest rumour doing the rounds is of 4 more 343s coming our way.:O
Anyone know anything?:confused:

Remember:
It's better to be up and doing than down and being done!:ooh: :ooh: :ooh:

apaddyinuk
14th Jan 2005, 19:39
Presumably your talking about EK here or are we left to use our psychic powers on this one?

Flip Flop Flyer
15th Jan 2005, 17:07
It's a bit like News and Rumours; if nothing else is mentioned consider it to pertain to Big Airways. Here it's Mrats.

Warlock2000
17th Jan 2005, 12:27
Hope so! :ok:
Nothing wrong with those planes (besides the odd BING), they climb & cruise a bit slow but at least make money which is more than can be said for the flash -500's.

akerosid
20th Jan 2005, 17:06
I was just wondering where these aircraft might come from? EK got the last of the SQ 340s and since then, A340s have been in very short supply. Offhand, can't think of any carriers currently wanting to part with them.

Speednews has a link to a list of widebodies available and there are no 340s; a few UA 777s are about all that's available (and these are PW).

Presumably EK is still scouting high and low for new(ish) aircraft to support growth plans?

Does this mean that we can expect announcements of new routes if/when these aircraft are sourced?

Payscale
21st Jan 2005, 05:59
No. But we will be going 15 times a day to BHX and GLA :} Who cares as long as there are bums in the seats...

I think we are going to Seoul, Geneva and Hamburg this year....

Dont put your hopes high for a pay raise either.

Maybe a joining bonus for DECs and lowering the entry requirements for FOs is more their style.

Besides all the moaning in here people still stay. There is allways some fellow in here that knows of at least 20 pilots leaving, but sorry, it is just rumours. The few people that has left have done so for perfectly good personal reasons. Not out of disgust. More like family problems, failed command and such.

We are an expat airline, so certain turnover must be expected, but I had thought it was more.

The rumour of a raise in Etihad is great, but lets hear it from the guyes in Abu Dhabi. Good on them!

helen-damnation
21st Jan 2005, 18:48
Back at last! I hate it when work gets in the way of the verbal diarhoea:O
Yes, I was talking EK.
The rumour doing the rounds was ex Lufthansa aircraft, but it has been overshadowed by the 'Toulouse Boeing Basher':ok: and all the bright lights, patting of backs etc.