PDA

View Full Version : Is CC working

CATHAY PATHETIC
9th Sep 2000, 14:15
Those in the know seem to believe contract compliance is working. For those of us who are not can anyone divulge why it is ?

EX HARBOUR DOOD
9th Sep 2000, 15:05
Its a method used by the AOA to convince their foolish members that they are actually doing something,and it works!!

Jaded
9th Sep 2000, 16:26
C'mon I don't work for CX but that's just name calling.
Don't stir for the sake of it. If you didn't like it hear so be it.
Don't knock those you left behind.

Neutral Stability
9th Sep 2000, 16:26
Let me ask you all a question. How long do you think you will be able to stick to your published roster without making serious personal adjustments? In the event that these punitive, published rosters continue, I know the decision for me will be straight forward. By the way, I genuinely consider myself to be quite moderate. Come on Nick, give your work force an incentive to go to work! We know you have spare money sloshing around in the coffers - let's call it a redress of management's over-reaction of last year. Just take a look at the Rostering Practices Negotiations Proposal Paper issued by the AOA on 28 August. Call me old-fashioned, but I can't remember the last time I set eyes upon a similar company published paper that came up to a similar standard. Nick, if you were able to harness this sort of talent and use it to the company's advantage I honestly believe you would reap major benefits in the future. With a degree of effort, CC can be sustained by the AOA membership for many months. Speaking personally, it is uncomfortable both for my family and myself. However, I am determined to outlast the company by a long, long way. I will only fly a roster that I think is fair and I am presently commited to giving the AOA leadership my complete support. I would implore everyone to persevere with our CC for as long as it takes. Make your own adjustments!

chat sei chat
9th Sep 2000, 17:48
...make your own adjustments... cx has the solution at hand, but will continue to behave like playground bullies (6 years "does" constitute a track record). So, if the oct. roster is the same and there's no reasonable agreement in place; Gentlemen and Ladies "Make your adjustments"...

[This message has been edited by chat sei chat (edited 09 September 2000).]

Archaeopteryx
13th Sep 2000, 07:07
Whilst not technically part of CC, I think all who have the option to decline to operate the freighters should do so. CXF are also short of crews, especially so with the arrival of another -400F, and remember CC applies to all AOA members, CX & CXF. If we are to get a decent rostering agreement for all, and make some attempt to redress the overall balance with respect to COS and pay, etc we must all, sadly, aim to hurt the bottom line.

[This message has been edited by Archaeopteryx (edited 13 September 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Archaeopteryx (edited 13 September 2000).]

Enola Gay
13th Sep 2000, 08:40
Is it hell,

Sorry to be so negative gentlemen but the word in Crew Control is they have never had it easier! Many people available on reserve and ALL flights covered EASILY. They have never had so many people to fly! They are just laughing at us.

I personally it is the worst move we could have made but hey who cares I am a dumb woman!

Checkmate
13th Sep 2000, 14:09
EG. So what personally would you do?

St_Paul_Island
13th Sep 2000, 14:13
Freighter has been grounded at MEL for a few days recently, and crewing out of YVR has resulted in delays of about 10 hours. CC may have lots of reserve, but reserve is very inefficient because you need 4-6 people to cover each 24 hours, for each position and fleet. CC will very quickly run out of "credit" hours.

SO IT IS UP TO YOU TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OWN CREDIT HOURS. Once you hit the limit, it becomes overtime which you can legally refuse, and if you are an AOA member you must refuse.

Our credit hour system is dreadful, one thing that should be/will be addressed in any rostering agreement. Since it is set so high it will take a while to use it up. This should take maybe one to two months from now to kick in. Be ready for flight cancellations from November onwards.

Anyway, so what if it doesn't work. I have no intention of helping out such greedy people for nothing. I've had seven years of crap, and I'm tired of it. Time to see the doctor ...

fookungdo
16th Sep 2000, 20:57
Hey neutral stability!!
I agree with you whole heartedly.
Good post!!
Keep 'em up. I enjoy your posts.

It is true that CC will take up a couple of months to kick in, and, yes, Crew Control are having it easy right now.

STICK HARD AND FAST TO WHAT THE AOA SAYS.

A few personal roster adjustments, ONLY to bring ones roster in line with STANDARD INT'L PRACTICE, and just watch how fast things change.

FURTHER.... ABOUT BL@#DY TIME SOME NAMES OF CX SUCKUPS AND BREAKERS OF CC WERE POSTED.

Screaming Lord
17th Sep 2000, 06:14
NS, Very good post. Sums up the general position in an accurate way. It won't be too long chaps (and ladies), we must stick with it to the end now. Middle echelon Training managers gave NR a good serve last week which got his attention big time apparently.

HKer
17th Sep 2000, 16:16
Hey Screamer, care to expand a little more on your NR attention getter.

Thanks

Checkmate
26th Sep 2000, 16:20
Is CC working? If isn't, and crew control are flush with reserve coverage, why are they still trying to call me several times a G day?
It is now time to turn the heat up a little. Read BTL 41, then read between the lines.If we all adopt BTL 41 as our SOP's CPA will be back at the table before the EGM in Nov.

[This message has been edited by Checkmate (edited 26 September 2000).]

10sne1
27th Sep 2000, 03:56
CM;

Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't have seen that til some time in Oct. It does my heart good to finally have some clear guidance on what we really need to be doing here. I am getting a little fed up with some of the guys still busting their butts to make push back on time despite an easy CQ excuse due to late arrivals etc. We have to remember what we are trying to do here. As mentioned in the previuos post, read BTL 41 and make sure you get it all!

CC will work if we just put our minds to it!

Archaeopteryx
27th Sep 2000, 04:59
I hope you're right Checkmate. I think most of us would rather vote to accept a fair and mutually acceptable rostering agreement at the EGM in Nov, rather than ponder the pro's and con's of industrial action.

cheklapsap
27th Sep 2000, 07:09
And just where do you think this "fair and mutually acceptable" rostering system is going to come from? If we're willing to work for peanuts, then it'll be mutually acceptable because this lot want everything for nothing.
Further, don't you just love the company propaganda going through OUR ranks at the moment? "Crew control have never had it so good. They've got more pilots than they know what to do with!"
THEN WHY DO THEY CALL ME?
Come on guys, see it for what it is, CX b/s!