PDA

View Full Version : flyBE fleet

randomair
14th Jan 2005, 14:17
Hello,

Does anyone know any up to date fleet details for flyBE? Every site i go to has a different number!

Also could anyone tell me the ice protection system on the Q400??

Thanks

Whispering Giant
14th Jan 2005, 15:54
Flybe fleet consists of :-

6 x BAe146-200 series.
8 x BAe146-300 series.
2 x Dash8-300 series. ( currently 1 flying from GCI and 1 stored at BHD)
16 x Dash8-400 series.( newest 1 - G-JECG arrived last Sunday)

2 x 737's - 300 series due to be leased to us from March 2005.

Ice protection system on the Dash 8 is pneumatic boot's on the wing's and tail and electrical de-ice on the prop's.

hope this help's,

brgds
W.G

EGAC_Ramper
14th Jan 2005, 16:15
The DHC-8 300 at BHD is actually flying.Seems FlyBE have removed a Q400 from there and using the 300 on the first NCL rotation of the day,returning to do the GLA run.Pity as I was looknig forward to being rid of the Q300.

Regards:ok:

Whispering Giant
14th Jan 2005, 16:28
EGAC ramper - i dont know where youre getting that information cos i'm sat in op's at the mo and there is definetly no plan to use this a/c for the time being as it is just a spare airframe.

EGAC_Ramper
14th Jan 2005, 16:59
I work at BHD and its been operating over the last few days I've been there,even loaded it myself!! lol We used to have 4 Q400's and the 1 Q300 based,now a Q400 has disappeared and the Q300 remains and flying.

Regards

notac
15th Jan 2005, 17:09
"i'm sat in op's at the mo and there is definetly no plan to use this a/c"

"its been operating over the last few days I've been there, even loaded it myself"

Good to see Ops have their finger on the pulse as usual :(

Slightly worrying when ops don't know where their aeroplanes are :uhoh:

Ambulance 'Charlie Alpha'
15th Jan 2005, 17:18
I'm assuming the non-flying Q300 is the one in old Jersey European Colours that I park across from every night at Glasgow? Must be seeing things again!!!? Even saw it moving under it's own power yesterday...or did I?

ACA

Whispering Giant
15th Jan 2005, 18:58
EGAC ramper - it might be best to check yuor fact's before you make your post's on here - If you had bothered to check on the date of my posting this was the last day of operation of this particular Dash8-300, it had only been used in the previous couple of days due to having two tech Q400's in GLA.
As i sais there are NO plans to use this a/c - it is just a spare airframe prior to it being sent back to Bombardier - it is available to cover as and when is required.

brgds
W.G

EGAC_Ramper
15th Jan 2005, 19:20
Lol I did not state anything wrong,it "had" been then flying for the last few days which you have now just proved correct and so I stand by my comments.Maybe you should have read my comments and then informed us as to why it had been operating and the circumstances behind it.Rather than immediately saying I'm wrong,seems over the time since your post you've clearly gone and taken a look at the situation with regards to the Q300 operating as I've mentioned.Still no need to get into fisty cuff's over it! lol
:D :ok:

Regards

randomair
16th Jan 2005, 08:16
Hello again,

I sure am asking alot of questions!

Bases for flybe, im counting 8!

Belfast, Glasgow Edinburgh, Birmingham, Exeter, Jersey, Southhamptom and Norwich!!

Am i correct??

er82
16th Jan 2005, 10:29
Afraid you're not correct!
Norwich is NOT a base. But you did miss off Guernsey.

Flying Dispatcher
16th Jan 2005, 17:49
So I am wandering who the Whispering Giant could be?? hmmmmm

Air of Despair
16th Jan 2005, 18:01
Randomair,

Guess you're one of the chosen few from Oxford who have been called for interview for flybe tomorrow.

Best of Luck

circlesquare
16th Jan 2005, 18:36
Just to set things a bit straight here..

FlyBE spare DH8C-300 is in BHD until the end of the month. It IS a spare hull as WG says, however it IS flying a lot of the time to allow for maintanence DH8D-400's. (and the odd tech so I understand) before the next Q400 comes on line, hence why EGAC ramper has been dispatching it with unerring regularity of late!!
As for the 'bases', BHD/BHX/CDG/EDI/EXT/GLA/GCI/JER/SOU are current, with CDG due to close at the end of the winter. (certainly in terms of nightstopping airframes).
A handful of crew are still based LGW/LBA/TLS/LYS, but this is as a result of remote rosters and decisions by some to go part-time.
If any of you have interviews over the next few weeks, best of luck. the staff and crew are very friendly, but the company will work you quite close to FTL limits, so will you most certainly get your hours up quite quickly...

0[]

joe
16th Jan 2005, 20:18
Air Of Despair.

Flybe are also interviewing 30+ guys at Cabair Cranfield on Wednesday. I gather alot of guys and girls are leaving for pastures green.

Maybe a good time to apply as i gather they are after about 30 out of 80 odd interviewed.

Rgds

Sliding member
25th Jan 2005, 17:26
Lets hope WG stays in Ops and doesn't try to become Flightdeck. Great demo of CRM there.:ok: