PDA

View Full Version : Air Tanzania

bushpilot
14th Jan 2005, 04:00
Hi Tz pilots,
Does anyone know if ATC got the Lets and 737s they were planning to get and if so, are the batch of pilots they sent to SA back and flying them? Or is the company still BSing around still. They still don't even have a working website! Are they still advertising for new pilots. Cheers:}

ShenziRubani
14th Jan 2005, 15:01
406pilot, reply to the dude. I know you are going to like this thread!!! ;)

406pilot
14th Jan 2005, 18:04
he he shenzi,
just to piss u off im not replying........

no more 406pilot

ShenziRubani
14th Jan 2005, 20:02
C'mon Ndugu, pleeeeease!!! :{ reply to the nice mister pilot asking ze question here. Come on, 406rubani, :8 you actually have all the info for him. Charge him some shillingis...

bushpilot
16th Jan 2005, 03:53
Anyone Anyone :E . I was called for an interview last Feb 04 by TACH intl, but a 2 day notice to appear for the interview wasn't very alluring to me. If any of u guys fortunate to get in, starting pay :E . Airplane details, training, few details would be appreciated, if there are any that is.....:}

406pilot
16th Jan 2005, 09:21
ha ha ha

somebody actually gives a damn abvout that mickey mouse tack interview and this god foresaken conmpany,trust me buddy ur better off whtever ur doing,even if thats playing ps2..pay did i hear somebody askin about the pay???wht pay....exactly...he he he...the thing we do for advancement in this aviation career

keep it up there fellows
no more 406pilot

406pilot
17th Jan 2005, 12:32
ok ok enough of toying around with monsier shenzi,lets get back to being the pro's that we arent

sorry to make you wait so long for info on this company,but i thought of....well never mind,so here goes..

Atcl as its now called, operates an all 'jet" fleet of 737-200adv the plan to buy/lease turboprops is pretty much scraped for now atleast. i was one of the fortune/unfortunate guys to actually go throught the selection process(tack & atcl interview) so did i make it?nahhh not even close

We were intially recruited and "trained" for the dash8 but somewhere along the lines the plan was altered and so were were left helplessly hanging...ok that was mid last year

Then we were told that the original dash 8 crew will all be trained on the 737...hurrraayyyy everyone shouted,and so started the long wait for sim slots,trainings finance and so forth that was near the end of 2004.

As i speak now there are plans to expand the fleet and i just read in one of the local newspapers 3capt/f/o required....he he he
so i suppose you could always re-apply,as for the financial side of the story u need to figure out a way to pm me

like we say in tz,

karibu sana...
no more 406pilot

ShenziRubani
17th Jan 2005, 16:07
Good on ya brotha!! :}

406pilot
18th Jan 2005, 10:16
hey no probs brotha,.....

bush pilot check ur pm i put more lucrative info there....

no more 406pilot

lone Falcon
18th Jan 2005, 10:32
Hello to All those good souls wanting to join The Flag Carrier of this great country Tanzania !

the following is a list of qualifications required, together with whatever pilot license and other expertise you have.

1) Most important of all A VERY HEALTHY BANK BALANCE :}

2) More than A TON of Patience

3) Be ready to Expect the unexpected.

if you have all these qualities then KARIBU SANA to ATCL :ok:

406pilot
18th Jan 2005, 10:46
there u have it bush pilot,

just in case u were wondering,lone falcon got on the same boat as me in february 2004 and se are still sailing brotha........

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

BAKELA
19th Jan 2005, 18:35
Does all of the above maybe have something to do with SAA's shareholding in Air Tanzania? Sounds like big brotha (friggin' close to Botha ain't it) have anything to do with it? If it's the case it makes me 'proud' :yuk: to think my tax money has tsunamis in Tanzanian aviation... :E

bushpilot
19th Jan 2005, 20:26
hehe,
thanks for the replies guys. I knew that ATC was screwed when SAA took it over, they should have sold the shares to Kenya Airways or some other European Airline like Kenya Airways did. SAA will probably just use it as a cash cow and run their own planes along the routes intended for ATCL. I know I would :sad:

406pilot
20th Jan 2005, 05:19
hi bakela,bush pilot and the rest of the gang..

"marriage is a compromise" thats wht i was told by one wise man,so it goes to saying that the marriage btw saa & atcl should be no different thn that.

For what its worth i for one think SAA is the best thing that could ever happen to ATCL,if they can just get rid of the "deadwood" that has been eating up the company for so long im sure it will be sorted out...

all the best in your future endeavours bush pilot.

keep it up there fellows,
no more 406pilot

bushpilot
20th Jan 2005, 13:55
Hi 406,
Thanks for the good wishes. Yeap, the marriage btwn ATC & SAA puts ATCL in a much better off stance than when they were only govt operated. And yes, I definitely agree with you, they need to get rid of all that "fat and dead wood". The beauracracy and idlers at ATC house need to be seriously trimmed for one.
This airline can definitely go places with the right leadership and execution of a profitable gameplan. Cheers :)

BAKELA
21st Jan 2005, 18:14

Glad to hear SAA for once made a positive contribution to something. From what I hear, there's still seriously big paw-paws and fans to be seen but since AV and JVJ left things are on the upswing at SAA. Good for them. :ok: Hope they keep on what seems to be a positive curve.