PDA

View Full Version : Aerokopter new heli

glyn thrash
14th Jan 2005, 02:12
guys this is my first post on this forum and i would like to introduce a heli that i think some of you might be interested in....

http://www.helicopter.com.ua/EN/about.php

if you have any questions, please feel free to click on my email in the contact section..

check out the pics and vids...

thanks,
glyn

helimatt
14th Jan 2005, 02:28
Not a bad looking machine, could be just the thing to put the wind up Frank, especially at 75000 Euro. Also nice to see someone using some modern engine technology for a change. Lets hope the FAA plays nicely and certifies it

glyn thrash
14th Jan 2005, 02:36
Lets hope the FAA plays nicely and certifies it

i sure hope they will!!! i am going through that process right now.. it's going to take a bit but i am sure that when they do,, well, look out... here come's Aerokopter!!!!!

glyn

PPRUNE FAN#1
14th Jan 2005, 04:10
Well, well! That little buggeroo sure has some Nick Lappos-size doors on it! If it can lift two guys of his...um...stature I think you're gonna have a winner. Has Sergio Sikorsky seen this thing? I'm sure he'd be interested.

Rotorbee
14th Jan 2005, 07:48
Where can I buy one?
Does anybody know what engine is used?
The seats don't seam to be "crashworthy", or am I wrong.

Vfrpilotpb
14th Jan 2005, 08:13
RB,

Slightly neg attitude asking about crashworthy seats, its the rest that should concern you, not just where your ar88 is sitting!;)

But looks like a deffo contender to kick uncle Franks backside in Euro land:ok:

P R-B

Vfr

CRAN
14th Jan 2005, 08:20
On a previous thread it was stated that the machine uses a converted Subaru 4-cylinder boxer engine.

...I wonder how long that will last in this application?!!!

I'm glad to see someone is having a go though.

Good luck chaps,

CRAN
:ok:

helimatt
14th Jan 2005, 08:33
Rotorbee,
It says on the site that it's built to FAR 27 standards, this being the case it needs to be survivable in a 15G vertical impact. Therefore I'd say it could be expected that the seats are very crashworthy:ok:

Rotorbee
14th Jan 2005, 08:34
Isn't there a saying that one should always cover his a...

glyn thrash
14th Jan 2005, 09:28
Has Sergio Sikorsky seen this thing?

he's in one of the pictures :)

Where can I buy one?
go to the websight and send me a email

Does anybody know what engine is used
the engine is a ej-25

let me know what you guys think!!!

if you would like to see the manual, send me an email and i can send you one out in pdf..

thanks,
glyn

Rotorbee
14th Jan 2005, 11:15
glyn thrash

Why don't you post some of the specs? A bit information about the engine, perfomance, design of the rotorhead and so on, would certainly help the discussion here.

But do not mention the delta 3 angle. Just in case Lu is around.
:E

glyn thrash
14th Jan 2005, 11:21
this schould help!!

http://www.copter.com.ua/docs/AK1-3_Specs_rev1_2.pdf

Rotorbee
14th Jan 2005, 11:43
glyn thrash
Thanks, very interesting. Now I will trust the seats.
When do you expect certification?

glyn thrash
14th Jan 2005, 12:23
not really sure about Europe, here in the US there are quite a bit of bumps in the road, but soon.. we are working very hard at it..!!

glyn

Dave_Jackson
20th Jan 2005, 19:06
Some more information on the Aerokopter (http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=86d34600-192a-4866-b9d3-4b1100aae5df&)

zeeoo
20th Jan 2005, 20:10
Hi,
i would ask how does the rotor adresses the lead-lag ? the magic strap has the great role but how ?
thanks