PDA

View Full Version : Entry level airline job - Qatar

student-mork
13th Jan 2005, 17:35
Saw this in Flight Intl. If youre under 29 and not given to thieving its worth a pop! Also theres nothing about you having to be a Gulf resident.

Cadet Pilot / Second Officer
Region: Qatar
Company: Qatar Airways
Salary: QAR 7000 (approx USD 1910)
Position type: Permanent
Posted: Monday 10 January 2005
Job type(s): Flight crew
Description: Qatar Airways Recruitment
Qatar Airways is the world's fastest growing airline with an expanding route network covering the Middle East, Far East, Africa, Asia and Europe, and with a modern Fleet of A300-600, A319/A320/A321 and A330 aircraft. We are based in Doha, a modern commercial centre and growing tourist destination, and we are soaring to greater heights by way of expansion and progress.
Qatar Airways offers excellent career prospects for the right candidates and invite applications for the position of Cadet Pilot / Second Officer (Ref: CP/SO/503/04)
Candidates must hold a valid ICAO Commercial Pilots License with Instrument Rating & frozen ATPL from a recognized flying school. Proficiency in both written and spoken English is essential and only candidates below 29 years of age will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with tertiary education, especially in Science or Engineering.
Successful candidates will be provided training for a type rating on one of the Company's fleets and be required to sign a training bond that will require them to serve Qatar Airways from joining until 5 years after their date of appointment as First Officer. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to repay a part of his training cost at the rate of QAR 1,800 (approx USD 494) a month for 5 years from his appointment as First Officer.
Successful applicants will be paid a salary of QAR 7000 (approx USD 1910) as a Cadet Pilot / Second Officer and be provided with Company housing, on a shared basis, or an allowance of QAR 3,500 per month in lieu of housing.
A First Officer in Qatar Airways will earn an all inclusive average monthly remuneration package of approximately QAR 24,800 (approx USD 6800) inclusive of housing and other allowances. Other benefits include meal allowances, school fee subsidy for children and Loss of Licence/Medical/Group Life Insurances. All remuneration is currently tax-free.
If interested, please immediately send your CV quoting above reference number together with photocopies of your license, medical certificate and passport, and a recent passport sized photograph to the Email Id. If unable to e-mail, applications should be mailed to postal address or Fax No. given below.
For more information about Qatar Airways, we invite you to visit our website at www.qatarairways.com
Regretfully, due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

OK, have just seen that Ive made a duplicate posting and will be suitably reprimanded. Apologies to all who were given the impression that Qatar was exploding into a hive of activity!
But better posted twice than not at all! :\\

med777
19th Jan 2005, 09:39
Does it mean if I am 29 it is too late to postulate ...

I tried to contact human ressources without success.

Best Regards,
Md

med777
19th Jan 2005, 16:01
An other question:

Who applied to the cadet selection...
Do you receive an answer from the human ressource.

If so where do you come from and what is your pilot background.

BR,
Mehdi

N2334M
19th Jan 2005, 19:39
I applied both through flihgtinternationaljobs.com and directly on their web and received a message where it is confirmed they have received my application.

Nothing more, so far.

med777
20th Jan 2005, 07:51
ok thanks for your answer can I knwo
what is your profile:
- studies
- pilot background
and nationality

BR
Med