PDA

View Full Version : Iberia Intercontinental

13th Jan 2005, 11:39
I have browsed the boards regarding Iberia and have generally found reviews ranging between ok - average for inter-European routes. People I've spoken to reckon that the long range flights are much worse. You basically have to go and get your own food and drinks in the galley.

Is it really that bad? At least its an A340-600 and you can keep yourself occupied with the IFE.
Anybody that can confirm or deny the above mentioned scenario?

My flight is in early February from MAD-JNB.

answer=42
13th Jan 2005, 21:50
No, nothing like that. From my limited experience, it was OK though not nearly the best. I flew in a 747 Classic - the 340 should be better.

Jorge Newberry
14th Jan 2005, 14:26
On an early Nov. flight from Buenos Aires to Madrid I got - without asking for it - an upgrade to Biz. All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't pay for it. We were fed the same slop that they got down the back, my IFE didn't work and the attitude of the crew was "Nothing to do with me guvnor..." In a word, crap.

15th Jan 2005, 00:03
Crikey!! So its all true! Well at least some of the horror stories I heard.
The ticket was ridiculously cheap, so I guess I get what I paid for.

KiloMIke
15th Jan 2005, 08:22
I flew LHR-EZE via MAD and back in November on IB.

While the service itself wasn't bad there just wasn't very much of it. The flight from MAD-EZE takes about 12hours . About 90 mins after takeoff they served some food and then again about 1 hour before landing a light snack. Apart from that there was nothing else. Drink and very small snacks available from the galley if you required them. What I found very suprising was that there were no trays of water or juice brought around during the flight.

There is no individual IFE in Economy even on the brand new A340-600.

15th Jan 2005, 09:24
There is no individual IFE in Economy even on the brand new A340-600.

Thats a pity. I was banking on the IFE. Nothing like a few movies or a round of poker to kill the time:{
I will remember about the drinks during the night though. Best to bring some along then.
Tks for the info.