PDA

View Full Version : AOC Information

CHOPPER74
13th Jan 2005, 04:46
I am wanting to operate under another persons AOC in Australia as i only have private time and not commercial time and do not qualify to be a Chief Pilot. What are the laws in relation to doing this with one machine(R44) and is this a wise decision. Wanting to complete my 300 hours so i that can apply to be chief pilot and then get our own AOC. Have around 800 hours and a CPL(H).

helimatt
13th Jan 2005, 04:57
G'Day,
I expect someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it goes something like this;
It is illegal to operate a company under another operator's AOC, however I think you can operate as part of the company holding the AOC, by crosshiring your machine to them and having them employ you as a pilot. You can have your own trading name but it must be added to the AOC and all your invoices to clients must have the AOC holding company's ACN printed on them:ok:

belly tank
13th Jan 2005, 05:03
Helimatt is absolutely correct.

The aircraft must be operated by the AOC Holder they give you a dry hire rate for the aircraft for example and they use it for commercial work using only the AOC Holders employed or on the books pilots.

rotaryman
13th Jan 2005, 07:11
A Loop Hole that should be closed!!

For the very reason you don"t Qualify to be a Chief Pilot of your own Company!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Limits are set for a reason!!
:ok: