PDA

View Full Version : XV Squadron at RAF Cottesmore - Victors

gareth herts
12th Jan 2005, 16:09
Hi All

Posted last year at some point in the military forum but perhaps this is a better place for it. My father served at RAF Cottesmore from 1958 to 1962 serving as an instrument tech for XV Squadron on Victor B1s. If anyone was around there at this time I know he'd be delighted to share a few memories here - he has a never ending stack of great stories and also some wonderful photographs which I must see if I can borrow and scan in.

Thanks all and a belated happy new year

Gareth

Archimedes
12th Jan 2005, 22:12
Gareth,

I suspect that you might well know this, since I dimly recall someone called Gazman (from Hertfordshire way) asking a question about the Victor force, and am guessing that ... But if you're not the same person, hope that This thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111797&highlight=Vulcan) (despite the title) might help as it has quite a bit on the V-Force, and IIRC (I'd have to search through it to be sure) has stuff on the Victors too.

gareth herts
13th Jan 2005, 22:22
Thanks for the pointer Archimedes - not the same person but I'll head for the thread now! I've now relocated to Brum so guess the name is a bit misleading!

Thanks again

G