PDA

View Full Version : ryan air type rating

lovis9
12th Jan 2005, 09:42
Good day to all!!!

I have a question regarding the way to get hired from ryan air.
I have 610 h with some turbine experience and I am looking to undergo a type rating to then apply for ryan air.

There are 3 schools listed on the web site,first what is the interiew I have to pay for regarding of, adn which one you think is the best?

Any suggestion on everything regrding his mater will be well accepted and I thanks all of you for that!!

Lovi.

wobblyprop
12th Jan 2005, 10:08
apply to all of them. There is some discussion somehwere here about SAS and if you did the MCC there they might recommend you.

headlesshorseman
12th Jan 2005, 10:11
don't know if you heard on the news yesterday that ryanair set a new low in employee conditions throughout the whole country, not just within aviation. crew have to buy their own water amoungst other things.

think carefully, and read the posts already on here about ryan's pay and conditions, after you have spent obscene amounts on getting the rating.

mjc9967
12th Jan 2005, 16:30
does anyone one know the schedule of selections?

I've applied to all three, no replies of any sort.

The SAS site sent me to the pilotpool website to apply for Ryanair - has that been the same for others?

I read on another thread that someone received a reply from SAS detailing course dates etc, but saying not to contact them.

Anyone else had this?...I havent and my SAS application went to pilotpool as directed.....

Cheers

lovis9
12th Jan 2005, 19:31
Thanks,
It seems you are right, well, astraeus seem a good "chance", a part from CTC,
which TRTO would you all suggest me, on where to spend my saved money to get a type rating? Thinking over all of the possibilities I could get from it, from build up time, or above of all, a job.
Thanks guys,

Lovi.

CIPO
12th Jan 2005, 19:38
Ahhh, didn't take too long for the Ryanair bashers to sharpen their knives, maybe answering the question that the pruner posted would be more constructive.

Ryanair are doing their own sim checks now at EMA and are only using SAS and CAE as far as i am aware.
I would apply on-line to both of these schools.

IRISHPILOT
12th Jan 2005, 20:37
Lovis9, have a lookhere (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=154551).

If you are willing to pay more expensive ratings that about GBP1100, why not go for an FAA rating (which goes straight on your FAA licence, if it is not UK), then go for some hour building place. You pay the same, but get the 500 hours with it.

cheers, IP

celtflyer
12th Jan 2005, 22:38
deleted