View Full Version : Virgin Blue first aid requirement

SkySista
11th Jan 2005, 06:25
Hi,

Wondering if there are any past or current CC with DJ/Pacific Blue who call tell me what the First Aid requirements are. On the Virgin Blue website it states a current Senior First Aid is required, however, on filling out the "Jobs At Virgin Blue" StaffCV form, it asks if I possess a current CPR certificate.

Are they asking if your Senior First Aid had a CPR component or is this a separate qualification?

If so I think the web site is a bit misleading, as one could assume only Senior First Aid is required, when in reality you need to do a CPR qual.

Would the extra 'Defibrillator Course" be adequate, and if not, what exactly do they want?

I've spent the requisite time breathing into a dummy and doing the necessary chest compressions... passed the practical test on it.... now what? Do I have to pay for something else again????? Bit hard when I'm on limited income as it is...

Thanks for any info. Much appreciated!!!

Sky

Iguanahead
11th Jan 2005, 06:54
Hi Sky,

I'm not part of DJ but would assume that because Senior First Aid includes the CPR component that you would be covered.

I'm only guessing but after working in airlines for a while and recently reapplying the Senior certificate seems to be the only requirement.

Hope I'm right.

Cheers Iguana

sinala1
11th Jan 2005, 06:59
Hi Skysista,

Iguagahead is correct in saying the Senior First Aid certificate course includes CPR. The SFA cert is valid for 3 years, CPR for one year. Its my understanding that you need at least 1 year validity on your SFA, and either 6 months or 1 year on your CPR?

If your SFA is still current for at least 1 year, I suggest you go do CPR refresher course (usually only 3 hours, about $45 or so??) - your CPR is then valid for the next year.

Cheers, and good luck! :ok:

Crop Dust
11th Jan 2005, 10:33
A Senior First Aid Course is all that you need to have. :ok:

SkySista
12th Jan 2005, 07:24
Thanks everyone!

That clears it up!!! My certificate doesn't really say much about CPR... I'll give St John a call tomorrow and see what's up.

Feeling like I'm on the right track now - just got home from my RSA - it was really good!

Sky

flightboi
16th Jan 2005, 23:19
Hi Guys,
I'm am crew with VB and currently we require a current level 2 senior 1st aid certificate with a validity of at least 12 months. Additionally, we also ask for a CPR refresher course which all our crew are rostered to do every 12 months with St Johns.
Hope this helps.
FB