PDA

View Full Version : Att: All Ag pilots

AT502
11th Jan 2005, 02:27
G'day,

I trying to attract support for an Ag Pilots forum. Please go to the following link to show your support.

Cheers,

Troup

Ag Pilot Forum (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158562)

Heliport
11th Jan 2005, 07:08
We have ag discussions in this forum, helicopter flying obviously.

I'd be very sorry to lose them.

Heliport

AT502
11th Jan 2005, 09:06
Sorry Heliport,

I don't mean to take anything away from your forum. I know a lot of Ag guys browse this area so I am just trying to find them and see if they are interested in an ag forum, be it for choppers or fixed wing guys.

The main reason for wanting a forum of our own is becuase our industry (the aerial ag industry) has so many issues which don't really fit into other areas, ie. firebombing, baiting, locust, spraying, application issues, aircraft types, hours, seasons, the list goes on. One of the hot topics in our industry at the moment is powerline strikes as we had a record number in 2004. This area needs plenty of discussion so we can all help each other to maybe save someones life.

Our aerial ag industry does not have an anonymous forum to use like Pprune so therefore feedback and exchange of information that other aviation sectors are given on pprune are not available to us. I believe this could be a valuable tool to newcomers also seeking information on entering our industry. I have found pprune to be very accomodating to all other areas of aviation, but just becuase our industry is small we are still a very important part of aviation, the broad community and agriculture.

Cheers,

Super Trouper