PDA

View Full Version : ALPA! how, where, why

lostINgp
10th Jan 2005, 08:13
Hi all.

Tacking the talk off the Solenta thread in respect to how Alpa has helped those pilots that are members, it makes sense to be part of them
With talk of other operators in trouble and general poor maintenance they are the guys to have on your side.
So my question is.
1. Why aren’t we all members?
2. How, where, when etc do we join?

Maybe some one out there can help and also relay some stories to get the rest to join.

Lost IN gp

Union Air
10th Jan 2005, 11:23
Certainly seems to be worth it ..... I hear that a chap that got fired from NAC last year got a huge sum (R120 000+) from an arbitration that ALPA represented him in. Also, if you have an accident / incident, they help you with sorting your reports and the other legal stuff out.

Easiest would probably be to call their offices in Kempton Park - being a member I fortunately have the number on hand! - (011)394-5310. They can then explain all the membership benefits etc.

Otherwise, if you have more questions, I can try to help.

Firefly7
10th Jan 2005, 15:52
Yes
I would like to know more
I am flying in Africa do tey have a web sight
:confused:

Ttailed
10th Jan 2005, 20:13
Hi there !

Its a great organisation to belong to and I woulod recomend that any flight deck crewmember join ALPA. They have great facilities in Blockhouse street in Kempton opposite the Medicross clinic. The ladies that work there are all very friendly and helpfull.

Good luck,

Tt

Union Air
11th Jan 2005, 05:19
No website - but you can e-mail the membership dpt (Sonia) at [email protected].
:ok:
Guaranteed you'll have a quick, friendly response!