PDA

View Full Version : Surinam Airways

Lil' Pilot
8th Jan 2005, 22:06
How are the doing right now?
Since they introduced the 743 tho their fleet, for the Paramaribo - Amsterdam route. Because the aircraft is also spending a lot of time in Amsterdam, standing still. Are there coming new routes for this aircraft? How's the future of SLM, since from May 2006 other airlines may start scheduled services between Surinam and the Netherlands. So more competition for SLM :bored: Good news for the pax, but I expect this is going to have negative effects for SLM.
Does anyone have some info?

Ciao, Lil' P

P.S. (how is the flight crew for the B743 composed? I heard that there are some Dutch captains. From which airline do they come? thanks in advance)

Marcel_MPH
8th Jan 2005, 22:16
SLM has deployed the 743 for thrice-weekly roundtrips between Paramaribo and Amsterdam on Tuesday, Fridays and Sundays. KLM will operate the other twice-weekly services on this route with Boeing 747-400 equipment, on Mondays and Thursdays.

Not sure about the crew, but looking at the retirement of the 742/3 by KLM I think some crew were transferred to fly for SLM, since the aircraft is also still in hands of KLM Engineering & Maintenance.

alexmcfire
29th Jan 2005, 16:18
Will AF/KLM use the A380 on the AŽdam-ParŽbo route in the future?
From what I saw on my trip to ParŽbo the could definitly fill it up
at least once a week...

Lil' Pilot
1st Feb 2005, 16:45
To fill a mega jumbo on that route, would'nt be a problem at all I think! :p