PDA

View Full Version : JETSTAR ASIA are reducing the service. Less flights

sport
8th Jan 2005, 07:46
Jetstar have annouced a reduction in services from January 1st.

Flt 3K175/3K176 ( SIN-SUB-SIN) Daily cancelled

Flt 3K151/3K152 ( SIN-CGK-SIN) Daily cancelled

Have they made the right decision? Staffing levels are also creating a concern, responsible for a number of delays already.

ditzyboy
8th Jan 2005, 08:51
I know these destinations are/were planned... Neither has ever been offered for sale on their website, nor was any formal launch date given. Are they simply postponed for whatever reason (staffing / competition / weak market)?

What I mean is it isn't really a service reduction if fares never even went on sale.

swh
8th Jan 2005, 15:36
sport,

could it have something to do with jetstar australia parking A320 aircraft at SYD this week due lack of crews.

:rolleyes:

rescue 1
8th Jan 2005, 20:30
I don't see two flights a day as a significant reduction.

QF main would cancel more than that a day due maintenance!

Kaptin M
8th Jan 2005, 21:42
It's actually FOUR flights, rescue 1, and in proportion to the total number of J*'s existing network, I'd guess it does represent a "significant" reduction.

If crew shortages are the reason, then increase the incentive that will attract more crews - more $$$$'s ;)

sport
8th Jan 2005, 23:06
Kaptin you are correct.

They presently have 3 aircraft operating in Asia doing a total of 4 return flts to Sin a day. One aircraft departs early and does two return services the other two do only one. The plan was that these two cancelled services were to fully utilise the idle time of the second two aircraft.

Rescue 1

I see this as a sizeable reduction, not in services, but in the planned expansion of Jet star as Ditzyboy pointed out. Idle aircraft don't make for profits

ValueAir ramped up to their 12 services a day immediately the aircraft were available, is crewing the reason or is the market not quite there yet?

I doubt that the Tsunami reached CGK. so geoff can't use that as an excuse.

rescue 1
9th Jan 2005, 08:08
Perhaps it is in response to the crisis in Asia? However, I noticed on their web site that CGK and SUB are not yet published.

Hopefully though as Kaptin M suggested that there is a pilot shortage and that may well mean an increase in $$...

faheel
9th Jan 2005, 08:29
I did a flt to Jakarta about a month or so ago in a 777-200 as I arrived a -300 departed and when I left a 747 arrived, loads in the 160 range, valuair left before me with 16 pax on board.

Now I thing that says the route is well and truly saturated, too many chairs and not enough bums to fill em.

Draw your own conclusions on that.

B A Lert
11th Jan 2005, 01:43
Was in Singapore the other night and heard a Jetstar Asia guy unload in no uncertain terms. Talk about having total lack of coinfidence in his 'management' as he was aying that most of the office types are either young Qantas people without experience or old Qantas people who can't find jobs in Qantas in Australia or who have been retrenched and are on highly paid contracts in WSSS.

The reason apparently for the cancellation of the Indonesia flights is just poor planning and not allowing sufficient time to line everything up. Lack of government approval from Indonesia I am told is the basis for the cancellations. More can be expected for other destinations. This must be costing plenty as a bit more than 8 hrs daily utilisation on brand new A320's will hardly pay many of the bills that surely must be piling up.

sport
7th Mar 2005, 19:39
skywest_xr posted
Yes, they dropped Pattaya (UTP) effective 01 MAR.

I here they are also sending one of their a/c back to Australia, not enough work for them there. The main stream in Aus. will be giving up more routes to Jet* soon.