PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair/CAE

eagerbeaver
7th Jan 2005, 11:11
Has anyone who has applied heard back from CAE or Ryanair yet?

jamestkirk
7th Jan 2005, 11:45
Applied last week and heard nothing yet.

I think that it would take them a while to get through the begging letters.

Oh, and to de-cipher the wording that has been smudged by the tears of the emotional pilot wrecks that have been applying.

I am thinking of getting a t-shirt with my flying details on one side and contact details on the other. Then wear it while walking around Gatwick's deaprture lounge. Obviuosly I'd wear trousers. No point in being un-subtle

WX Man
7th Jan 2005, 13:21
Begging letters? Application forms? I thought it was online application... am I missing something?

Ingo1
7th Jan 2005, 15:32
I applied through BFSAA but haven't heard anything yet.
Does your chances increase if you apply through all of the approved TRTOs?

I did my MCC at SAS Flight Academy, by the way.

OBK!
7th Jan 2005, 19:36
Ingo

I think if you did your mcc at SAS Flight Academy then you should contact them and maybe ask them about the ryanair self sponsored type rating as i think they can recommend people?

I've applied via CAE but it seems so simple to apply that they must get so many of them. I've not heard anything either.

Cheers
OBK

Ingo1
8th Jan 2005, 15:05
Just contacted them..seems like I am too old!!
36 years at the moment and they do not seem to take on anyone older than 35??

skyteam
8th Jan 2005, 17:11
i've sent the aplication to sas flight school me too..

i'm waiting for,,, they sent me an email telling me that the course starts (the first one the 21 of march)
and telling me also:

Unfortunately we do not have the resources to keep you updated on the
process. Should you be selected for assessment we will contact you.

The initial type rating courses will start at the 21st of March and the
final course will start at the 8th of August 2005.

i hope they're going to call me what do you think?

Cheers

mjc9967
8th Jan 2005, 20:07
...applied to CAE too back in December - nothing heard back....applications to the SAS school are through pilotpool only arent they? (unless you did the SAS MCC that is)

Flypiggy
14th Jan 2005, 10:58
Hello

I have too applied for Ryan through 3 of the schools and just wondered if anyone knows how they decide who gets a shot?

The online application forms were so short sweet and simple that there was nothing to make yourself stand out.. for all they know Chuck Choddy Balls could get an interview over Chuck Jaeger... Is it a lottery or what?

Ive heard nothing either... never do though... nowt new!

skyteam
14th Jan 2005, 11:59
so do i.......

as the first course of ryan is the 21ª of march ... i think we have to wait for the recruit.........

what do you think...

mjc9967
14th Jan 2005, 17:43
21st March is the first course date in the automated reply of SAS/bfsaa isnt it?

What about CAE and GECAT? Any replies or course/assessment dates known?

skyteam
16th Jan 2005, 17:05
the thing is that wasn't an automated reply ... i don't know. we have to keep us updated about the seleccions if anybody knows something more...

let us know..

cheers

timzsta
17th Jan 2005, 19:56
I emailed them about a month ago asking for details of the scheme etc. Never heard a thing back.

biminiflyer
19th Jan 2005, 13:39
Have it on good authority from a certain personnel guy in Dublin that if you are over 30 years old then Ryanair will not take you through the schools!seems that a couple of people in the past struggled/got binned and so they have said no more...... imagine how it feels to be told you are over the hill when you are in your 30's:sad:

They really are the pits,you should see it at stansted people leaving all the time,,nice shinny a/c arriving from boeing,people working there with Frozen ATPL's but cant get a job?

Well all i say is :mad: the c...s

jamestkirk
20th Jan 2005, 12:27
I heard from a friend that Ryanair like pilots over 30, because they are looking for life experience.

Does anyone know for sure.

Teroc
21st Jan 2005, 08:55
Not true about the over 30 thing.....unless theyve changed their policy in the last 3 weeks.

I know 2 people who got in since Christmas. One is 34 and the other is 32.
A friend of mine started one and a half years ago with them and he was 32 at the time.

All low hour first job guys.

Are they saying your mental capacity diminishes when you hit 30 !! Despite having gone through the same JAR exams as a 20 year old. Tish Tosh !!! :rolleyes:

Ingo1
21st Jan 2005, 11:15
I'm 36 years and according to BFSAA I'm too old for ryan.
They have not taken on anyone older than 35.
As I did my MCC at SAS Flight Academy recently and wasn't told about any age limit I'm not too happy about it.