View Full Version : Astraeus

P8nt
6th Jan 2005, 14:54
Ok,
So its fairly easy to find how much a bonded type rating with the likes of EZY/RYR will cost,
But should a job be obtained with Astraeus what will they charge a fATPL for a type rating?

Hopefully someone can PM me and this thread will die quickly, Thanks

P8nt

Riker
6th Jan 2005, 15:14
Is it true that Astreaus recently sold off two 737-700s to a Chinese airline? Were they replaced by newer 700s?

Crosswind Limits
6th Jan 2005, 15:51
You may well be correct Riker! I believe I saw one of them at Southend a while back. Not sure what they are replacing them with though.

Puritan
7th Jan 2005, 07:12
P8nt - I think it would be true to say that in order to apply for a job with Astraeus, and to stand any chance of getting it, you have to present yourself with a type-rating for a B737 (-300 or –700) and / or B757 already in your license. Indeed the AEU recruitment page (http://www.flyastraeus.com/recruitment/index.asp?id=61) effectively says as much.

Riker - All Astraeus' aircraft are leased.

The two B737-700's you refer to were returned slight ahead of schedule ( at the behest of the leasing company ) in order that they could be put into service with another airline in the Far East – this was a mutually beneficial arrangement for all concerned – and if they have been replaced then it’s been with B757’s.

For the future, it would be very hard to second guess what’s in-store, as it’s a fast moving business…… but, that said, I believe that ( in a few months from now ) Astraeus will be operating an additional 4 x B737’s ( probably –300’s - to based in Birmingham & Exeter - so go figure who this is for ;) ) by way of a ‘damp lease’ arrangement, i.e. AEU supply the aircraft, pilots and operational support ( just as they already do for Iceland Express and Air Asia ) and the airline customers supply the brand, the cabin crew and the passengers.

Accordingly, Astraeus’ proposed fleet for summer 2005 looks like it will comprise of: 7 x B737-300’s
2 x B737-700’s
3 x B757-200’s ( with maybe a fourth )It would seem quite obvious, and the above web link says as much, that there will be recruitment to match this growth in the fleet.

Hope this helps.

Darkjet
7th Jan 2005, 13:08
Thanks for the infos Puritan,
Would you also have infos on the work conditions, roster, salary, benefits, etc...

cheers..
Dj

Puritan
7th Jan 2005, 16:50
Darkjet - That would probably best be answered by hamrah, as he has all the latest facts and figures.

P8nt - I'm not sure of your circumstances, but would this be of any use to you ? Pprune Cadet Type Rating Course (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158263)

P8nt
7th Jan 2005, 18:15
Puritan,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

and unfortunately that last one misses me by about 3 weeks... cest la vie :p

Best wishes to you all and thanks :)

P8nt

fullforward
7th Jan 2005, 21:14
Could a somebody elaborate more on T&C for 757?