PDA

View Full Version : Recent Documents XP

Maxflyer
6th Jan 2005, 13:56
On win 98 I used to be able to clear the recent documents list, so that other people would not see the documents I had opened. Is there an easy way to do this in XP. I know that I have my own individual log on name, but sometimes it would be a help to be able to do this.

spannersatcx
6th Jan 2005, 14:21
1. Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties.
2. Click Customize.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Recent documents, click Clear List, click OK, and then click OK. Your most recently used documents are removed from the My Recent Documents folder.

2_dollars
6th Jan 2005, 14:31
Or if you want to have no history at all........

Go to Start - Run...

Type "gpedit.msc" and enter.

Now go to User Configuration - Administarative Templates - Start Menu and Taskbar

Now double click "Do not keep history of recently opened documents" and click on "Enabled" then ok and there you have it .
$$

Maxflyer
6th Jan 2005, 14:52
Thanks guys. Great help. :)

rotorcraig
6th Jan 2005, 18:49
Or download TweakUI for XP and switch off Recent Documents on the Explorer tab...

TweakUI and other "PowerToys" are found here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) at microsoft.com

RC