PDA

View Full Version : Shell Contract

Staticdroop
6th Jan 2005, 11:30
Just thought i'd throw this into the forum as i know it will affect quite a few people and i haven't seen anything written yet.
Any news on who is the likely winner of this race or has it already been announced, if so what are the likely implications of either company winning the bid.
Being nosey for all the right reasons.:hmm:

Night Watchman
6th Jan 2005, 20:25
Have a look on ebay cos that's how it's being decided.

joedirt
6th Jan 2005, 20:53
I place my bet on Bristow....:suspect:

simfly
7th Jan 2005, 07:41
As far as I know, online bidding process complete by 10th Jan, announcment expected around 15th.

Staticdroop
7th Jan 2005, 10:26
Anybody any thoughts on the outcome if one or other win the contract?

joedirt
7th Jan 2005, 15:06
CHC and Bond would be in the sh*tter regarding crews. Bristows, if smart, will keep their pilots for other work.

Aviator609
7th Jan 2005, 16:18
Please enlighten me on where this contract is? Will be joining Bristows shortly, just for info. Thanks!:ok:

joedirt
7th Jan 2005, 16:34
Me thinks it's on the Brent

simfly
7th Jan 2005, 17:30
Contract is for all Central (Aberdeen) and southern (Norwich & Den Helder) ops. Brents (out of Scatsta) will remain unnafected as shell currently happy with the IAC routine.

ATPMBA
8th Jan 2005, 15:18
What is the IAC routine that Shell uses? Is it a ride/flight share arrangement?

simfly
8th Jan 2005, 18:23
The IAC (integrated aviation consortium) is a consortuim of a few oil companies, headed by Bristow to share fixed wing costs. Flightline fly the route using BAE 146's, and other costs such as terminal facilities etc are paid in a certain percentage by each IAC member. ie, shell pay 60% of costs as they're scheduled to use 60% of the helicopter operation. Saves a lot on contracting fixed wings for themselves.

Camp Freddie
12th Jan 2005, 17:03
so did they do the stuff on "ebay" or e-bid ? any rumours on outcome, wasnt it supposed to be tommorow the announcement is made ? or has that slipped now?

regards

CF

simfly
12th Jan 2005, 18:05
Camp Freddie, rest assured, the result will be on here as soon as it's announced.

Banksman
14th Jan 2005, 19:19
Contract bid is in and all up for grabs. All will know by end of January.Let the best company win.

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
14th Jan 2005, 20:20
Best company ? In that case the contract bidding system has failed !! Or got fixed........... But if true, it won't be Bristow or CHC, or Bond for that matter !! Who then ?:rolleyes:

Hummingfrog
14th Jan 2005, 20:36
Shell have decided to run their supply boats from Bergen now rather than Aberdeen so the Air Support contract may have a twist in the tail.:confused:

HF

Staticdroop
15th Jan 2005, 08:38
Whatever happens with the contract will the crews be protected by TUPE, or will there be mass lay offs and re-employment:confused:

simfly
15th Jan 2005, 15:22
well, that may depend on the outcome of the Talisman contract, shorlty to be announced also!!!!

Staticdroop
15th Jan 2005, 15:53
Talisman contract:confused:

simfly
15th Jan 2005, 19:15
Yep, Talisman contract.

chopperman
15th Jan 2005, 21:52
will the crews be protected by TUPE

In a word, 'no'.

Chopperman.

Staticdroop
18th Jan 2005, 08:53
Simfly,
Please explain Talisman, i'm so confused:confused:

Choperman,
Surely they must comply with standard employment reulations, and surely it would make sense for them to keep the current crews:hmm:

Droopystop
18th Jan 2005, 09:02
Talisman is just another oil company who operate platforms in the North Sea.

chopperman
18th Jan 2005, 13:21
Staticdroop,
As I understand it; if company 'A' bids for and is awarded a contract that was previously held by company 'B' then TUPE does not apply. However, if company 'A' purchases company 'B', then TUPE will apply to the cews of company 'B'.
Hope that makes sense,
Chopperman.

simfly
18th Jan 2005, 18:58
Staticdroop,

The Talisman contract is being tendered for right now, the result to be announced in a few weeks.

Staticdroop
19th Jan 2005, 09:46
As i understand it if company A is awarded a contract held by company B then the employees' of company A will go to company B, this is due to the fact that the same work is being done by either company:ugh:
Confused, you will be:ok:

simfly
19th Jan 2005, 13:21
If the jobs are transferred to another company (ie, contracted out) then yes, but in this case jobs aren't transferred from one company to another. eg- pilots etc would have to apply for new jobs with new company, they would not be transferred to new company.

**THE CONTRACT WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED THURSDAY 20TH JAN.**