PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Overfill areas

HZ123
5th Jan 2005, 09:30
Can someone confirm for me the following question. At LHR we still advise that fuel can be expressed (overfill) from the wing tips and under the wings at the roots. In the latter case it was only the SSC that vented fuel from the wing root. Is there any other jet a/c that vent from the wing roots. Thanks.

LuckandNeat
9th Jan 2005, 20:18
I know of a small one namley the Shorts 360 and family alike ...

Its a turboprop as we all know but if it overfills / vents it lands straight on top of the person operating the gauges in that dodgy looking bit where the starboard main wheel goes into ...

A collegue of mine knows all about that !!! He He He ...

He was a bit wet !

:D

jettison valve
9th Jan 2005, 21:11
HZ123,

A330/A340/A380/B747/B777 certainly donīt vent at the wing root. Donīt know about other types, though...

Speaking about Concorde, could it be that venting at the wing root has to do with the fact that its wings drop towards outboard, i. e. the wing root is the "highest" point of the tank...?!

What about HZ-123, is she still around - or completely replaced by HZ-124, the poor old bugger MSN004? ;-)

Cheers,
J.V.

HZ123
10th Jan 2005, 07:17
HZ-123 is alive and well at SEN, having undergone a major in 1999 it has been parked since. There has been an occasional engine run each year. In March she is due to go into ATC Lasham at Southend to be prepared for a ferry flight to Aussie to go to Quantas' museum. Presently parked alongside her is P4 - a BAC 1-11 executive a/c which is due to leave soon.