View Full Version : Far East British ATPL Renewal

777boeings
5th Jan 2005, 07:23
Major problem!
I have a UK ATPL but all the type ratings have expired by more than 7 years. I am currently flying a B777 which unfortunately is not on my UK Licence which is about to expire.
According to Lasors 2005, I can not transfer the type without another full type rating on the 777.
I find this totally absurd but still would like to keep my UK Licence active. Has anyone else had the same problem? I guess the easiest option would be to do a type rating on the most simple type possible. Does anyone have any idea where I could do this. I am in Singapore so somewhere in the region like HKG would be great.
Any help or ideas mch appreciated.:confused:

TEC TEC
5th Jan 2005, 11:44
I got a similar problem with my bus ratings they are not yet endorsed on my JAR ATPL.

I believe you got to options; If possible convert your UK ATPL into a JAR ATPL and then go to a JAR TRTO i.e. Emirates Training Center and get a check on 777 (make sure the TRTO fills in the UK CAA check forms!).
An other possibility would be to get your MEP (Multi Engine Piston) Class Rating renewed either on the UK or JAR licence.

Good luck with the CAA :}

millerscourt
5th Jan 2005, 13:55
777 b

What licence is your B777 on? If a Singapore ATPL then go to CAA at Gatwick with Logbook and a cheque and you can get it put on your licence in Part 2. Not sure whether this still applies now JAA are involved. To get JAA from UK ATPL get a current UK CAA medical which can be done in Singapore and take licence and cheque to CAA at Gatwick ,from memory about £150 for JAA licence.

777boeings
6th Jan 2005, 00:41
Thanks for the replies folks.
Unfortunately the option of putting a type from another licence on to part 2 of the UK ATPL is no longer available. That came as a bit of a shock as this was what I had always planned to do when my renewal came up.
The whole situation is ludicrous as I don't even want to use my UK licence but just want to keep it valid.

kwaiyai
7th Jan 2005, 06:59
Hi 777boeing's,
Personally I would get your JAA ATPL issued when your UK one comes up for renewal. Mine expires next year so am getting a JAA issued instead, You will need to have a valid UK IR by all accounts, I am renewing my SEP IR as having had an MEP IR I can do that now. When you need it you can have someone else pay to add your 777 TR on to your JAA licence.
I am a JAA CRE but do apologise if I am not totally correct, I also recommend you email or write to UKCAA for letter of assesment it might turn out easier (wishful thinking) Regards :cool:

Mag
21st Jan 2005, 02:59
I am not one hundred % sure if I have the answer to your problem but I am a UK SE CRE working at MFA in Melaka Malaysia. Can you retain your UK ATPL with only a single engine class rating?
I am not sure but if so, I am available.:D

kwaiyai
22nd Jan 2005, 13:16
Not sure either Mag but perhaps you can sign off my SEPL Class rating shortly, Much appreciated, Makan on me,
Regards.
:cool:

kwaiyai
23rd Jan 2005, 15:10
Lucky for you, But that doesnt really answer the question does it.
Oh by the way Maggie retired some time back:} :p

RowleyUK
23rd Jan 2005, 18:35
Sorry guys,

Whats a CRE?

kwaiyai
24th Jan 2005, 19:21
CRE under JAA is Class Rating Examiner. E.G. SEPL= Single Engine Piston Land.
TRE Is Type Rating Examiner. E.G. B727,
IRE Instrument rating etc.
I'll leave the CRI,TRI and IRI to your imagination.
Regard's,

Mag
26th Jan 2005, 09:02
OK kwaiyai
Just give the academy a call when you require the sign off and I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.:ok:

777boeings
11th Feb 2005, 02:18
Mag
Please can you check your private messages.
Thanks

Bluntly So
13th Mar 2005, 09:05
Mag,

Please check your private mail on PPrune.