PDA

View Full Version : Vueling recruitment

N2334M
4th Jan 2005, 12:29
Pablo !!

I was told by a friend that he saw many ex Volare pilots in Barcelona doing the recruitment for Vueling.

So "thanks" to this damned Italian airline that closed and released hundreds of typerated A320 pilots in the market, now they are invading Spain and Vueling might hire them because they are experienced on type.

I think that at the moment there are no chances of getting hired in Europe without type rating and experience on type, it does not matter what "connections" you have.

Best regards,
N2334M.

Gufo
4th Jan 2005, 13:54
Well, that's law in the jungle, man... I'm pretty sure my disappointment in being home without flying nor salary is deeper than yours. However, I'm sorry we -damned people- saturated the market. Trust me, I would NEVER wanted that to happen ;)

If it makes you feel better, personally I didn't get there for Vueling and I'm NOT planning to invade Spain. Don't like the climate :p

Take care and good luck, everybody (me, too) :)

N2334M
4th Jan 2005, 20:54
Quote: "I'm pretty sure my disappointment in being home without flying nor salary is deeper than yours."

Gufo,

I never said I am disappointed.

If you are an experienced pilot with thousands of hours on jets and you are home without flying than it's your own problem.

If you look around (not in Italy) you can easily get a job, if you have experience.

The real problems are for the thousands of pilots with 0 experience coming out every moths from all flight schools in Europe.

In Spain "unofficial" rumours say there are 3000 without a job.

Best regards.

Gufo
5th Jan 2005, 08:42
Hi there. Simply, what I meant is that it's not so easy, even if you have some hundreds (in my case) hours 320.. And again, I didn't even update my CV in Italian. I focused mainly on the UK, Middle East, Germany, even Aeroflot. So I might be everything, but not reluctant to move :)

But still no good news. I didn't mean to be rude or make offence to anybody; it just made me a little sad, to read that mine was a damned company who now tries to invade Spain. I think this is ungrateful, considering the quality of the people who were there with me. But maybe I'm just too sensitive right now: staying on the ground for too much time makes me sick :ugh:

C ya soon. Cheers!

duece19
5th Jan 2005, 10:05
Im on with Gufo here...

When you have settled down and started a life, its harder to move again, and suddenly becoming unemployed is very very hard for your mind. I cant blame any unemployed pilot for applying for any job, and ofcourse Vueling would like to see an all spanish crew, but there might not be enough qualified pilots in spain.

N2334M

If there is so many unemployed pilots in spain, why did you go for it anyway? Seems crazy to me.

Duece

papazulu
6th Jan 2005, 15:30
Dear N2334M...
What about all those "damned foreign pilots" who used to fly vor VA? Many where from all over EU and all qualified, so...I agree on the fact that most of us are ready to drop the head and go for the TR. I cannot afford it but, when some for warranty exists...VA lasted longer than many other and I am sure there are plenty clones around...

PZ