PDA

View Full Version : RVSM Rating/Exam

Q4NVS
4th Jan 2005, 09:45
Anyone know what exactly is required to obtain this rating and/or endorsement?

Heard that it consists of an additional exam with SA CAA.

ou Trek dronkie
4th Jan 2005, 12:03
Try :

http://www.ecacnav.com/rvsm/default.htm

oTd

SubsonicMortal
4th Jan 2005, 12:04
The RVSM exam is written at the CAA. I wrote the exam about a year and a half ago when it first became an exam at the CAA. The questions are based on operations in the North Atlantic Minimum Navigation Performance Standards airspace. You can buy a syllabus at the CAA. I asked a friend at SAA to lend me his SAA issued booklet on RVSM and that proved to be enough for the pass.

Not that RVSM is of any use (so far) in Africa but my idea behind it was to have "one thing more" to include on a CV.

Hope the info helps. Cheers.

ou Trek dronkie
4th Jan 2005, 14:33
Thanks for the update. I guess this is something new in the CAA ? Anyway, you can get a lot of information from Eurocontrol, they even had a (Free) CD, with all the operating info. The spanners also can get some gen andit used to have plaenty useful links.

oTd

davidjh
6th Jan 2005, 07:14
Hi ERJ135

Yuo can go to www.nat-pco.org and download the latest version (10), I think, of the MNPS/RVSM operations manual. This will obviously take some time but is well worth it. I wrote the exam about 18 months ago and CAA has it listed on their exam entry form for on-line or outstation exams. Have fun;)