View Full Version : bmi baby cardiff latest???

stator vane
4th Jan 2005, 08:43
can anyone give the latest conditions and morale at bmi baby. i have the chance to come on board end of feb.
read a thread that is a few months old with no updates that i could see.

how is it there now? especially at cardiff the nominated base.

and general living conditions in cardiff if i do this?

any information would be appreciated.

cheers;

Obi Wan Kirk
4th Jan 2005, 14:18
If you are aiming to be based in Cardiff because you live there and intend to stay there in the long term then go for it.

Otherwise it may be a good idea for you to speak to current BMI Baby pilots to find out what the score really is...

stator vane
4th Jan 2005, 14:50
no, i don't live there.

and i am asking on this thread for info about bmi baby.

did i leave something out?

Shockwaves
4th Jan 2005, 14:58
I've got a friend based in Cardiff with baby. Will get in touch with him and get him to reply to your post but as far as I'm aware he's happy with conditions etc.

Just out of interest, how much 73 experience did you have before applying?

TwinAisle
4th Jan 2005, 16:05
Living in Cardiff - great place to be!

If you want to PM me, happy to give you some pointers re where to live, where to drink etc - loads of PPRUNErs here, always social nights out going on. Also know a few baby guys out of CWL - will pass on your deets.

TA

stator vane
5th Jan 2005, 18:53
a mere 6000+ hours in the left seat of the beast. basically a one trick pony for sure.

thanks for the replies and will use the PM.

Riker
5th Jan 2005, 19:04
For those of us not in the know, what is the "beast"? You aren't referring to the 737 are you? If you aren't, did you have a 737 type when hired? Were you offered any other bases?

What is the possibility of eventually switching over to BMI and the Airbus fleet - is it a possibility down the road or are you restricted to Baby?

Cheers

stator vane
5th Jan 2005, 19:19
yes the beast is the 737-now on the -800

that's all i'm aware that bmi baby has-300's. no idea about the possibility of the airbus.

Riker
6th Jan 2005, 15:18
After flying the 800, I'd think the 300 and the 500 are watered-down versions. However, I am sure the terms/conditions and morale at Baby are better than those at Ryanair...

me109
22nd Jan 2005, 12:37
Hello all , can anyone please tell me what the recruitment policies and criteria are at Baby. I again recently applied with no reply.I am current on type (FO) with about 1500 hrs on type .
My impression is that perhaps they require more time on type or that they dont like the notice period that I have to give to my current employer .
Any info would be appreciated

Cheers .

MaximumPete
22nd Jan 2005, 12:45
There may be a delay in replying due to the recent changes at the top.

Good luck with your application

MP;)