PDA

View Full Version : Any Qr A330 Captains?

fullforward
3rd Jan 2005, 17:46
Would you mind to share some true and unbiased FACTS about QR package for DECs on the A330?
How about living conditions: are the allowances reasonalble, rosters, schooling for small kids etc?
Please, no pointless and empty discussions...

Best regards!

Obi Wan Kirk
4th Jan 2005, 14:31
Hi fullforward,

The money deal for captains is very good. You'll find that rents are very high, around USD$2700 per month for a 4 bedroom independent villa. I have been told prices will drop considerably after the 2006 Asian games and then will be a good time to buy.
As far as schooling there are a number of international schools and the standard of education is very good.

There has been a lot of bad press about Qatar Airways, especially on this forum, some of it is true and some not. Basically if you are married with kids and your family like the idea of living in a cosmopolitan environment, you will enjoy it. If you are single or have difficulty accepting other peoples differences, then stay away.

The company is going through some growing pains, but things are gradually improving and Qatar Airways will probably be taking the lead as the best airline in the Arabian Gulf.

The best thing you can do is speak to people that actually work for the airline and when you fly over for n interview take your family with you and make sure you spend a few days in Doha, as sometimes interviews are in Dubai.

Good luck with your research!

fullforward
4th Jan 2005, 18:34
Thank you for your feedback.

I assume you're already with QR.
I want more info about living over there and QR package itself.
I was offered an interview but I was unable to atend the sloted dates. My interest is limited to A330/B777. They're not able to confirm fleet assigned, in case of successful interview.

Any more fellows with QR on the A330?

Cheers :ok:

please check your PM

Obi Wan Kirk
4th Jan 2005, 20:16
Once you've passed the selection they won't tell you what fleet you'll be put on, reason being they don't know themselves.

To be eligible for the A330 you must have widebody experience, or at least this is the latest news I have. The A320 fleet will eventually be phased out, because the plane is too small even for their short routes.

If you pass the selection you will be put in the holding pool and when sim slots come up they will offer you a contract on a specific aircraft. The current trend is that they are finding plenty of A300 rated guys and most new non type rated guys are going on the A320 fleet and moving A320 and A300 guys from those fleets to the A330. After 18 months on the A320 you can expect to move onto the A330/340. However, this could all change in a few months time.

Riker
6th Jan 2005, 16:59
Obi,

I just read that QR might be the launch customer for the 7E7 with as many as 60 ordered (mix of firm orders and options). Wouldn't surprise me that Akbar would want to upstage EK with the newer 7E7... Are you working for QR or are you still with FR?

Ciao

vfenext
6th Jan 2005, 18:20
I cant stop laughing at the thought of QR having a holding pool!! They are grounding aircraft due lack of crew and as for 60 7E7's, well lets just say they called it the dreamliner with QR in mind.

Qatari515
6th Jan 2005, 23:54
there actually IS a holding pool. The reason being that training dept simply can not keep up with the amount of trainings required...

So people are being hired or put in a holding pool untill a slot opens up in training...

Is that such a strange thing:confused: