PDA

View Full Version : ATR Captains needed for Jet Airways!!!

indianpilot
3rd Jan 2005, 08:06
Rumour is that a lot of Jet Airways ATR-72 Captain's are leaving for an up coming airline in india called Kingfisher airlines (www.flykingfisher.com).

If anyone outhere has a decent resume to fit an ATR Captain's profile contact Jet Airways soon. You never know u might be in luck...:ok:

-*-(0)-*-

dss3000
4th Jan 2005, 18:09
Hi IndianPilot

I am very interested in the possibilities of securing employment with your Airline.

I have approx 9500 hours including 2500+ on the ATR42 of which 1500 command. I hold a Canadian ATPL do you think I would be of interest to your ops.
I tried forwarding my CV via their website, but I keep getting an error mess I don't think it is getting through. Is there a preference for applicants with an internal reference?
PM me if you have any questions.
Thanks
and have a happy new year:p

Left Wing
5th Jan 2005, 02:29
dss3000,

Sorry dude, only Inidans can fly in India, or if you are contracted for a few monthns, but no permanent jobs open, as part of the DGCA rule.

indianpilot,

Check the DGCA web site, before you advetise for jobs with out any real info.

Spydee
5th Jan 2005, 06:08
dss3000

Check Precision Air in Arusha, Tanzania. Were looking for ATR Captains and FO's a short while ago. More information on them on the Africa forum.

Rgds,

dss3000
5th Jan 2005, 22:37
Thanks SPYDEE
I will check out their web site.

Meanwhile if anyone has any other job leads I would appreciate them.

Cheers :O

canileb
6th Jan 2005, 14:28
Try www.solenta.com.

Any contact info for Precision Air? Their site does not have any specific recruitment information.

Thanks

Also try Oman Air even if I have been unable to get my CV through any of their fax numbers for months now!!!!

dss3000
6th Jan 2005, 23:59
Hi there
I did not find any info either on recruitment for Precision air.
They don't seem to be recruiting at this time.

I will try Solenta and Oman
Thank you
Cheers

indianpilot
7th Jan 2005, 07:38
With due respect to everybody I want to say that I didn't wanted to create a false hope for anyone. With the post I just wanted to let the inside scoop out of pilots leaving Jet Airway. I'm no authority to post any jobs for anybody.

I know the regulations and its true that its a pain to get all the clearences from Indian DGCA to hire non citizens. But on the other hand non Indian pilots have been flying with airlines in India and they are still flying although very less in numbers. Jet Airways also had pilots Ex Quantas flying with them earlier. Specially if the airline wants( meaning they are in a crunch) they just have to get the DGCA on their side and rest should be fine.

Anyone who wants to apply to airlines in India postal system is the best as they can always retain a hard copy in their database.

Good luck!!!!!!

ZFT
8th Jan 2005, 22:57
…and now with Air Deccan just ordering 30 more ATRs, even more pressure on existing resources within India.

antiicing
2nd Feb 2005, 19:28
I just applied for a job
in the india with air deccan
they told me that India does not allow
expat 1st officers, but captains YES
good luck

Left Wing
3rd Feb 2005, 03:22
Capt contract cannot be longer than 6 mths. 1 yr if very very lucky.

antiicing
3rd Feb 2005, 09:25
well, at least a year with that salary its not bad at all
well see, the pepople wich im discusing tell me for 1 year
maybe, just maybe an extension, i think its because, they simply
dont have the pilots to fill out the needs of the moment
but .............who knows
c ya

donpizmeov
3rd Feb 2005, 11:16
Yes, India has a very small population base from which to draw its pilots.....hey wait there.....

Left Wing
4th Feb 2005, 11:48
Type rated guys quiting for EK,EY,QR,SV etc etc. Hence the shortage of capts.

406pilot
5th Feb 2005, 17:10
hi guys (mustnt 4get the gals)

while we are on the subject of expats,let me ask a few questions for what its worth...
i was born and raised in africa,but have indian origin and was recently married to an indian girl who still holds an indian nationality,i just heard that india is talking on granting dual citizenships to N.R.I 's or something like that,
currently flying b-737 as an f/o for the national flag carier i really liked india when i visited,just wondering wht the laws would be regarding my employment there....
any info is help full

no more 406pilot

antiicing
6th Feb 2005, 15:43
hi again
any word how much is tax
in India for Expats?
bye

Jim Morehead
6th Feb 2005, 19:41
contrary to some opinions (or facts???) posted here, at least one hiring agency hiring 400 Captains to fly to India was saying the contracts are for one year and MAY be extended longer. They wouldn't be leaving their own country if they had enough qualified pilots.

mpalliser
29th Sep 2005, 05:56
"antiicing" wrote:
I just applied for a job
in the india with air deccan
they told me that India does not allow
expat 1st officers, but captains YES

what a load! go to http://dgca.nic.in/circular/aac5_1998.htm
and check out the rules your self!

jumpdrive
12th Oct 2005, 17:07
ejemmm, where talking bout pilots here no???
this link you gave its for AME
if your in the aviation business
that means AVIATION MEC's ENGINEERS
dahhhhhhhh