PDA

View Full Version : Re-applying for CTC wings

TicTac1982
2nd Jan 2005, 16:03
Hey, does anyone know if you can reapply for the ctc scheme after being rejected at the 3rd stage, ie: initial testing in bournemouth about 6 months ago.

thanks

slayer
2nd Jan 2005, 17:13
yep you can. I waited about 10 months and then wrote them a letter explaining where I thought I had gone wrong in my stage 3 selection and begged for another shot at it. They responded two days later! However it wasn't as straight forward as simply going back for another interview. They told me that they had changed their pass mark in the aptitude tests and so I would have to re-take them, just to make sure that I still met their required level....... and oh yeah that’s another £165 please! So off I went, paid up and did them again, passed them and got invited back to stage 3 (another £100 for that privilege!). Same format as last time, I did loads of preparation for it and still managed to mess it up! :{

I Was really pissed off (as you might imagine), but after hitting my head against the wall for a few days started to see the light. I really couldn’t have done anymore than what I had. If I went through it all again I would have done things exactly the same (well almost). I really believe that with CTC you need a bit of luck, you need 100% in every exercise, therefore you are reliant a little bit upon the other candidates in the group exercises. I think this is where things went wrong for me, I found myself out voted in the decision making exercise (3 to 1), in that situation it is very difficult to convince 3 others that your idea is the better one. Therefore if you have to change your mind and go along with the rest of the group, CTC see it as you being persuaded by other people! That’s how I see it, maybe if I had prioritised things in my list a little differently them maybe I’d have got through………maybe not!

Sorry for rambling on, give them a call, write them a letter, you never know your luck. You might get through this time, best of luck
:ok: