PDA

View Full Version : BA SSP Selection

RNP
2nd Jan 2005, 14:39
Happy New Year All.

Having read Localiser's post some time ago about the DEP selection, I am curious to know if it is the same as the SSP selection process.

As one of the many candidates to be put forward under this scheme, an insight into the process would be very helpful.

So, to those that have already undergone the SSP selection since it recently commenced:

1. Approximately how long did it take from submission of the recommendation, to receiving an invite for selection? Are we talking days, weeks or longer here?

2. Is it a 1 or 2 day selection process? I assume, as some candidates may not even have done an MCC course, the second day for the DEP’s in the BAC 1-11 may not be appropriate.

3. Is the first day the same as it is for the DEP’s? Group exercises, MICROPAT, verbal reasoning , etc followed by interview?

4. If successful after the first day, what happens next? JOC course at an FTO of their choice perhaps? Are you informed of time to course or given choice of start dates?

5. From JOC to Line Training? 737 LGW or A320 LHR? Are you placed or allowed to chose a preference?

Any information to the above, or indeed anything else pertinent would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck to all who get this far.

BigAir
3rd Jan 2005, 00:58
I have sent you a pm

BigAir

2beornot2be
5th Jan 2005, 13:47
I am also interested in the answers to your questions RNP, being in a similar sort of situation.

If you can shed any light, that would be great.

Cheers

AH64 APACHE
5th Jan 2005, 14:53
Anyone know when the first ssp course starts?

Tea White None
5th Jan 2005, 17:36
I believe that the first batch of SSP's have finished their JOC and are due to start very soon and batch 2 are about to start their JOC as well so expect to see them at Cranebank next month at a guess.

randomair
10th Jan 2005, 17:32
Hello,

I am due to attend the BA selection in a few weeks time and i was wondering if anyone has any info on the SSP setup for the interview? Is is the same questions etc. that you'd expect if you we're going the DEP route?

Thanks in advance and any reply would be very much appriciated!