PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Addresses

Helen49
2nd Jan 2005, 10:23
Would one of you guys prompt me how to import MS Outlook addresses from one computer to another (not networked).
Many thanks
H49

spannersatcx
2nd Jan 2005, 10:50
There is an import/export tab under the file menu, export outlook address book which will be a .pab file, save it somewhere you can find it, copy it to media (floppy) then copy it to the other pc and then goto file menu and choose import.

Helen49
2nd Jan 2005, 11:25
thank you for the help, however your advice does not tally with what appears on the screen, ie. 'create a file type' (no mention of pab). I wonder if you could be a little more precise.

maxell
2nd Jan 2005, 11:50
Try open outlook then address book, file,export then Address Book (WAB) save in docs or somewhere write to a floopy or email to other comp and then import
works for outlook express but don't know about outlook.

Max

HelenD
2nd Jan 2005, 12:04
You should choose the export to a file option then select an appropriate option from the list depending on what you want to do with the adresses. If you are wanting to put the adresses in to a spreadsheet chose either the comma seperated option or excel. For a database chose access unless you know your database uses a different format. If you just want to import the addresses back in to outlook use the personal folder option. You need to export the contents of your contacts folder as this contains all the adress information. Hope this helps.

Helen49
2nd Jan 2005, 13:30
Thanks for the help. Obviously not my day. None of these permutations are working! But thanks all the same

spannersatcx
3rd Jan 2005, 08:40
Cplane, Helen49 wants to export MS Outlook addresses, the program you link to doesn't do that - Backing up your Windows Address Book will let e-Backup create a copy of your Windows Address Book. Please note that it will only create a copy of your Windows Address Book used within Outlook Express and not the Microsoft Outlook Address Book used in Microsoft Outlook.