View Full Version : Gulfstream G200 experiences

JIZZA
2nd Jan 2005, 01:40
Would anyone who has flown or operated a G200 care to share their experiences?

FlyMD
3rd Jan 2005, 09:22
Hi,

I had the "pleasure" to operate G200 serial nbr 7 for about a year.

It is a smart little airplane with major quality issues, as the airframe is still built in Israel.

As a rule of thumb, all serial numbers below 80 are going to be problem aircraft as far as dispatch reliability is concerned. The problems go from bad wiring to flight control issues, symbol generators, cabin lighting, you name it. The gulfstream warranty system is very good for this aircraft, the point being that you will certainly need it a lot!!!

Range: forget 3600 NM!!! anything over 3100 NM is a major stretch.

For more details PM me, or go for a Falcon 2000 EX right now...

Cheers

Astra driver
5th Jan 2005, 18:54
No flight time in a G200 but our company has operated one for about 3 years, the first one (low serial #) was returned to gulfstream due to being a hanger queen and was replaced with a new one (serial # greater than 80) and has also been a hanger queen.

I've spoken to the pilots about it quite a bit and they universally describe it as a "runway hog" which is not surprising since it uses what is essentially the same wing as the G100 but weighs about 10,000 lbs more! The addition of krueger flaps can only do so much.

The aircraft has a great cabin, but I think the new challenger 300 is going to kill this aircraft in the market place.

JIZZA
7th Jan 2005, 22:51
Would anyone care to suggest suitable alternatives to a G200 in this category of aircraft. After looking into the reliability aspects of the G200 I am not so sure it is a good choice.

FlyMD
8th Jan 2005, 15:35
That really depends on what you were looking for in the G200.

If it is the cabin size, then a used CL601, or Falcon 2000 will do very nice.

If it is the range AND the cabin size, then a 2000 EX (pricy!) is a viable alternative...

For about the same money as a G200 you can also look at the Embraer Legacy, although it's legs are a bit shorter than the G200, but with much nicer cabin.

If you don't need the range that much, the best value on the market right now is a CL601-3R, and there are quite a few for sale.

Or what about a used Falcon 900B? More expensive, but very reliable and will keep it's present value for a couple years...

It's all in the budget, eh?