PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve - Whaddayadoin?

helmet fire
31st Dec 2004, 19:25
Happy New Year All.

Would love to hear a snapshot of where/what the rotorheads find themselves doing on New Years Eve, and New Years day.
What are you up to? Where are you?

Nigel Osborn
31st Dec 2004, 19:46
About to do a 0700 surf patrol along the Gold Coast beach to see if any revellers have fallen asleep in the surf or if any damsels need rescuing.
Happy New Year:ok:

blackhawk down
31st Dec 2004, 20:02
Nigel,
Make sure you keep the signs hidden. You don't know who maybe taking pictures on the Gold Coast.

Pretty quiet time up north. Maybe heading to SE Asia in near future.

rotorboy
31st Dec 2004, 20:17
Hmm news years eve: Iam drinking 75 cent beers, cheap rum, and hitting on the pretty swiss girl who is staying at the same 10 dollar a night beachside hotel here in Nicaragua.

New years day:
recovering from hang over, hit Playa Maderas for a morning surf, and start cycle from pervious night:ok:

RB

SASless
31st Dec 2004, 20:28
Rotorboy,

Get a grip lad! Your plans should include that young sweetie....be the suave and debonair young chopper pilot....saunter up to her and smile so angelically.....ask if you can call her for breakfast.

If she says yes.....then ask her if you should telephone or nudge her?

....and if all else fails .....use the old tried and true method of going ugly early! :ok:

truncheon meat
31st Dec 2004, 20:28
Working on the police helicopter from 1800-0230 for tonight and the next three. No party for us!

S92mech
31st Dec 2004, 22:34
I'm getting to spend the New Years with my family! I do have to do some work on the big bus tomorrow, but at least I'm on the same hemisphere as my family. I spent a couple of New Years drinking in the bar at McMurdo Station.

OHALLY
1st Jan 2005, 02:08
In north eastern British Columbia basking in the -25 C temperature.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL:)

Devil 49
1st Jan 2005, 02:42
I'll spend the rest of 2004 and the first eight hours of 2005 on the job, helicopter EMS, 50 nm northeast of Atlanta, GA. Four of the six birds on our dispatch frequency have already been out, one twice. I'm about to go to bed...

P.S. No tones, so I slept all night. Happy New Year, all.

SASless
1st Jan 2005, 05:06
60 degrees F....would you believe....a nice bottle of Lismore single malt....not working...not on call...cell phone turned off....pager at the office. Gas fire going for decor.....Salute!

Wish all a Happy New Year....and prayers for all who are in Harm's Way helping or protecting others!:O

John Eacott
1st Jan 2005, 07:44
NYE, late PM rig run: parked at home, no way I'd be late for the party :cool: Hawaiian theme, poolside @ 32C :p

Took friends for a fly today, now watching the Edinburgh Tattoo on the wall screen. Best wishes & Happy New Year to all :ok:

Thomas coupling
1st Jan 2005, 15:00
Day shift on 31st. Time for a few beers this evening then back on for New Years day. Out once this morning. +10, 50kt wind. Hail occasionally.
Only 364 days to go!